Falkirk 1 Queen’s Park 1

3 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

One thing that was evident today is that whatever one of these sides stumble into the playoffs won’t see it past the first tie.

The only really relevant statement from today.

Performance from both teams today compared to the 0-1 we saw in August were miles away. Confidence levels, eh

13 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Sent off for calling someone a liar? I've played football since I was 9 right into my late twenties, I would be shocked if players are getting straight reds for that given what I've heard in my time. Ref was fucking shite today regardless of that incident. 

They absolutely should get straight reds for calling the lineo a 'fucking liar'. Then the utter spangles might not abuse officials so much. Footballers get away with far too much cuntery. Problem is consistency.. if your a Bigot player you can do what you like.

Re the ref, one thing I really cannot be fucked with, is the preventing a team taking a free kick so they can make a big show of getting the player who committed the foul over for a right good chat, then no card.

Book them or let the team who have the free kick take the fucking thing.

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

They absolutely should get straight reds for calling the lineo a 'fucking liar'. Then the utter spangles might not abuse officials so much. Footballers get away with far too much cuntery. Problem is consistency.. if your a Bigot player you can do what you like.

I wonder if he said "the lino effing inadvertly misled in his decision making" he wouldn't have been sent off. I agree players shouldn't abuse officials, but can guarantee a lot worse gets said all over the park and nothing gets done. There's no consistency there. 

Anyway, another week, another game to forget. 

Guest TedCrilly

Looking at QP, I thought they were a joy to watch during that first 30 minutes. Connell, Longstaff, Smith and Longridge linked up extremely well dominating possession. You desperately need someone up top and at first glance McBride doesn’t look to be the answer. I thought he was completely anonymous yesterday.

I’m surprised Connell is playing League 1 as he could easily be on loan for a Championship side and it seems a pretty poor call from Celtic in regards to his development.

Edited by TedCrilly

Probably a decent game to watch for the neutral observer but room for improvement in both teams. Smith continues to develop quicker than the rest of the young team and his goal was good enough for a Hearts game. A bit harsh on himself regarding the later chance which I thought he took well. The keeper did his job well. Unfortunately two of our better chances fell to defenders but I’d never criticise guys who are bold enough to get themselves into that position. They were both doing what our midfielders should be doing. Hope Connell is okay, he looked back in the mood yesterday. Impressed, or surprised, at McHugh almost make something from nothing late on. Would be nice if that became common.

Enjoyed the first 20 mins. Like the Clyde game at the start, the focus was playing between the lines and through the channels which should suit or players. Sadly, after going ahead we stepped off the gas, again, and the game lost it’s Dutchness and resorted to the traditional Scottish style. Patience will be a virtue. It takes a long time to learn to do something quickly.

It looked to me that we had a slight change to our shape yesterday, with Longridge and then Darcy sitting in behind the striker. More of a 4231 than the recent 433. We seemed more direct yesterday.

I particularly noticed it when McHugh came on as in his short spell he seemed to be more involved in the opposition box than I've seen him for a while. The last few games I've noticed that he's been having to drop very deep to get the ball and then he's a long way from goal with no one in front of him.

I'd like to see us go with that shape again but with Longridge out wide in place of Longstaff (afraid he's not impressed me) and Brown in behind the striker where he can have more impact on the game.

Darcy looked promising when he moved more central, so hopefully we have good competition for that role.

46 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

It looked to me that we had a slight change to our shape yesterday, with Longridge and then Darcy sitting in behind the striker. More of a 4231 than the recent 433. We seemed more direct yesterday.

I particularly noticed it when McHugh came on as in his short spell he seemed to be more involved in the opposition box than I've seen him for a while. The last few games I've noticed that he's been having to drop very deep to get the ball and then he's a long way from goal with no one in front of him.

I'd like to see us go with that shape again but with Longridge out wide in place of Longstaff (afraid he's not impressed me) and Brown in behind the striker where he can have more impact on the game.

Darcy looked promising when he moved more central, so hopefully we have good competition for that role.

I agree Dracy looked promising and that McBride on that performance will never be a goalscorer, in fact on that performance he did nt even look like a football player. Regarding goalscorers, noticed that young Orr, who came through our youth system, is knocking them in for Stenhousemuir, scored again yesterday, and that the boy Henderson scored Alloa's only goal yesterday. Both proven goalscores, but we made no attempt to sign them in the transfer window. Henderson who was on loan at Alloa and was taken back be Celtic so that they could have a look at him, was available to be lent to us, if we had asked,but it appears nothing was done about him. Sad but true.

11 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I agree Dracy looked promising and that McBride on that performance will never be a goalscorer, in fact on that performance he did nt even look like a football player. Regarding goalscorers, noticed that young Orr, who came through our youth system, is knocking them in for Stenhousemuir, scored again yesterday, and that the boy Henderson scored Alloa's only goal yesterday. Both proven goalscores, but we made no attempt to sign them in the transfer window. Henderson who was on loan at Alloa and was taken back be Celtic so that they could have a look at him, was available to be lent to us, if we had asked,but it appears nothing was done about him. Sad but true.

Henderson is a Hearts player.

11 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Henderson is on loan at Alloa from Hearts and I’m pretty sure he can’t play for a third team in Scotland in the same season (he played a handful of games for hearts before he first went out on loan)

9 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Regarding goalscorers, noticed that young Orr, who came through our youth system, is knocking them in for Stenhousemuir, scored again yesterday, and that the boy Henderson scored Alloa's only goal yesterday. Both proven goalscores, but we made no attempt to sign them in the transfer window.

Thomas Orr signed from Morton and was never part of our youth system.

He's scored most of his goals at League Two level or below, when he played for us in League One he scored three times in 27 appearances (a lot as sub admittedly). 

23 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

Thomas Orr signed from Morton and was never part of our youth system.

He's scored most of his goals at League Two level or below, when he played for us in League One he scored three times in 27 appearances (a lot as sub admittedly). 

How many goals has he scored for Stenhousemuir this season? As for him scoring below our level, we seem to be hoping a young man from Cambuslang Rangers, at least three levels below us, is going to score a lot of goals for us next year. Sorry about getting the facts wrong re Henderson guys but I am getting old.

3 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

How many goals has he scored for Stenhousemuir this season? As for him scoring below our level, we seem to be hoping a young man from Cambuslang Rangers, at least three levels below us, is going to score a lot of goals for us next year. Sorry about getting the facts wrong re Henderson guys but I am getting old.

Sol came from the same level as the Cambuslang boy is at now..He did no bad for us when it came to scoring goals

3 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Sol came from the same level as the Cambuslang boy is at now..He did no bad for us when it came to scoring goals

Good point and I agree, but qpsnapper is saying that because Orr has been at a lower level we should not take a chance with him. Nonsense.

I think the difference is the guy we’ve signed is 20 and it’s a 3 and a half year deal (essentially 3 as he’s not with us until the summer), I don’t think he’s coming in as the savour next season but certainly an option. 

Orr is 25, if he really was this goalscoring machine then he would be playing for someone better than Stenny at his age.