Falkirk 1 Queen’s Park 1

More with pass marks with than not for us. Telfer was immense, as was “overweight and slow” Dowds. I was also pleasantly surprised by McKay today who I think did well. Main disappointments were Kabia and Dixon. 

Nesbitt’s red was daft and completely unnecessary - the corner clearly went straight out of play. 

Not a popular opinion but the support is just as shit as the team at the moment. 
Mckay was and is fucking dreadful

You could probably have written the match report for this before the game even kicked off. That's now five 1-1 draws in our last 6 matches.

Didn't see anything today to suggest that this form is likely to change any time soon. The new guys who played were fairly anonymous, but maybe they need a bit more time before we can expect them to have a real impact.

At this rate, we'll be lucky to finish 5th or 6th. Incredibly frustrating.

Edited by Zanetti

I thought he had a better game than usual today tbh….
If he found a Falkirk jersey it was by accident. He couldnt find his arse with both hands. Him playing is mental anyway. McCann is better at wing back than Dixon, Dixon is better at CH than Mckay. Starting McCann improves 2 of the 5 positions in our defence.

Thats before you consider Mills.

Its madness to play Mckay

11 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

More with pass marks with than not for us. Telfer was immense, as was “overweight and slow” Dowds. I was also pleasantly surprised by McKay today who I think did well. Main disappointments were Kabia and Dixon. 

Nesbitt’s red was daft and completely unnecessary - the corner clearly went straight out of play. 

Not a popular opinion but the support is just as shit as the team at the moment. 

I thought Kabia did quite well today tbh. Constantly looking to be involved in play and you could tell he was causing problems for the QP defenders as he was fouled at every opportunity.

Taylor-Sinclair stood out for all the wrong reasons today. His hesitancy caused us nothing but problems (and a goal).

Beyond that nobody was poor as such (could argue the case over McGuffie). The subs were baffling however. Dowds looked bewildered when came off.

Edited by latapythelegend

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

:)

Surprised you've got the brass neck to come back on here ya rodent 

On 01/02/2022 at 01:01, Raith_Raver said:

I'll be there to cheer him onto the pitch tomorrow.

Even better, we'll see if the woke brigade on here quit as promised :)

On 01/02/2022 at 01:15, Raith_Raver said:

I'd rather be a c**t than a virtue signaling woke  :)

If he found a Falkirk jersey it was by accident. He couldnt find his arse with both hands. Him playing is mental anyway. McCann is better at wing back than Dixon, Dixon is better at CH than Mckay. Starting McCann improves 2 of the 5 positions in our defence.

Thats before you consider Mills.

Its madness to play Mckay

Look, I’m not about to disagree with you that he’s not good enough. I just thought that as the game went on today he grew into it more and made a couple of decent tackles. Whether that’s due to having Watson alongside I’m not too sure …….

Both teams had chances to win it with Ferrie making an outstanding save in the 2nd half but for us, Smith should of buried his chance at the end, layed on a plate for him but it was a very tame and predictable shot and made it easy for the keeper. 

We started off brightly and seemed to rattle Falkirk for the first 15 and quite rightly we took the lead with a terrific finish. However, in typical QP fashion we let Falkirk get a grip of the game and despite getting into dangerous areas, their finishing was poor.

The first 5 minutes of the 2nd half was appalling, with everyone sleeping for the equaliser and at that point, the momentum seemed to be in falkirk’s favour. They never really kicked on though and we did seem to recover well and became more threatening towards the end but ultimately the same old issue of not being clinical enough. Extremely frustrating as we are such a capable side but there’s no ruthlessness about them in terms of goals. 

Thought Kilday was outstanding at the back and seems to be back to the player he was last season, whilst ferrie and Smith continue to impress. Can’t say Mcbride made enough of an impression to suggest our goalscoring woes are solved. Darcy had a couple of horror passes to start with but once he got into his stride, he looked promising

Dont know what I think of Falkirk. Dowds up top certainly seemed a handful and matched Fox with his physicality and pace but there doesn’t seem to be much else. Telfer looked lively in midfield and I was shocked that he was subbed so early as after that, Falkirk’s threat vanished.

I’d say we edged it overall but there’s no denying that a draw was maybe fair across the 90 minutes. A better point for us I’d say. Massive game on Tuesday now to really try and cement that 4th place position 

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I thought he had a better game than usual today tbh….

Yes, I thought he was better today.

My failures today were ATS, Dixon (in wrong position), McGuffie, Jacobs (another midget)

Actually quite enjoyed the second half although the quality of the football was poor.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Omission

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s because you are such a big club and tbh I was expecting a far bigger travelling support from Scotland’s oldest club from Scotland’s biggest city. Pretty disappointed in that respect.

Looked like they all came though.

ATS, Dixon and McGuffie were the worst of the lot today. McKay should never be in the team, however, people singling him out need a word with themselves. He really didn’t do much wrong at all today. 

I thought Watson was solid at the back and couldn’t really fault him  

Gobsmacked to see someone criticise Kabia. He caused their defence all sorts of problems and worked his arse off. His bit of skill in the first half down the left wing was outstanding and better make the highlights 

Edited by Rocco

Guest TedCrilly

ATS, Dixon and McGuffie were the worst players on the park by a country mile. McKay is an easy target but I didn’t think he was horrific - just really poor. I thought Rennie called the ATS/Dixon positions incorrectly and felt we were very unbalanced with any attacking wide play having to come from Williamson. McCann coming on sorted that out and he done well. 

Dowds was my MotM with a really top performance from him. I was baffled he was subbed off with the amount of dead ball situations we were gaining in the 2nd half. 

Edited by TedCrilly