Falkirk 1 Queen’s Park 1

We woke up a wee bit as the half went on butnwhat defined that half for me was that we invite pressure, but cant break the press. We dont do any pressing of our own in the opposition half. Our final product (pass or shot) is god awful.

Our tackling is pathetic. It reminds me of auld Fifa attacking drills on playstation where if a defender touches the ball at all it resets. These lads seem to think if they disrupt the attacker at all that's job done and they just pass the man on. Its pathetic.

Just so passive, still, which was how I always described Sheerins team.

Now we did wake up a wee bit, Telfer has showed for everything today and so have Dowds and Kabia. Jacobs grew into it. But thats very, very slim pickings.

Balls into Dowds and runners off him will bear fruit here, but it need to be supported. We need to be brave enough to get everyone 10 yards furter up the park.

Meh. Theres about 5 minutes worth of hope and 40 minutes worth of us being a cowardly gang. Just doing this to warm my hands up

Balls into Dowds? Who from? Absolutely no one in our team can provide a decent cross.....

3,5,2 could be an effective formation if we were a team full of confidence and everyone was match fit. Unfortunately we have 3 or 4 guys who haven't played alot of football lately and the team as a whole have no confidence and are scared so we are being overly cautious and dropping back 5-10 yards. We drop back to a 5,3,2 (as we should when we don't have ball) but because we are way too deep we can't get out so we struggle.

Ordinarily I'd suggest we go back to basics and go 4,4,2 but the problem is we don't have good enough wide midfielders. 

Unless Rennie came up with that formation at 2pm, then not a word of the work during the week has stuck.

As Hetherington was to Sheerin, McGuffie is to Rennie. The bit that gets me is that in the Dumbarton and Airdrie games, we saw signs of a style of play emerging, but we have now regressed back into the Sheerin shitshow. 
New players have made no difference, but I think that’s because it’s the midfield that is the real horror show, and it has had the least attention.