Falkirk 1 Queen’s Park 1

I'd love to see Rennie try change things up now we seem to have made signings that will improve our defence and change to a 4-4-2. But after last weekends game I've got the fear Rennie's never going to change the formation so I'd like to see Morrison in the 10 instead of Nesbitt.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson Dixon Mccann
Telfer Jacobs
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

2 hours ago, TedCrilly said:

I wouldn’t mind a slight tweak and going for a 3-4-3 look tomorrow. 

Mutch

Mills-Watson-ATS/Dixon(whoever is fit)

Williamson-Jacobs-Telfer-McCann

Morrison-Dowds-Kabia

Hopefully Rennie will eject the remaining two jobbers of Miller and McGuffie, although he seems to have a hard on for the latter.

It’s a massive game for Rennie as a defeat tomorrow will raise serious questions imo. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt but as it stands, Sheerin would have matched his points tally without adding the extra players. At this moment, I still believe he will come good. COYB etc.

Nesbitt was Captain last week. Unless the captaincy is handed to a returning Dixon, don’t think he will drop him.

Sadly, every ladle from a soup pot consisting of McCann, Williamson, McGuffie, Morrison, Telfer and Nesbitt is going to be pretty weak. It will be Jacobs plus four of the above……and we know what the most likely outcome will be.

I think we are actually one midfielder away from being at least competitive for a play off spot. How we ended up with four of five players with near enough identical strengths and weaknesses is something only Holt and Sheerin can answer. Horrific squad building.

23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nesbitt was Captain last week. Unless the captaincy is handed to a returning Dixon, don’t think he will drop him.

Sadly, every ladle from a soup pot consisting of McCann, Williamson, McGuffie, Morrison, Telfer and Nesbitt is going to be pretty weak. It will be Jacobs plus four of the above……and we know what the most likely outcome will be.

I think we are actually one midfielder away from being at least competitive for a play off spot. How we ended up with four of five players with near enough identical strengths and weaknesses is something only Holt and Sheerin can answer. Horrific squad building.

All the potential XI and formation chat is something I find unspeakably boring, but the emboldened metaphor has really tickled me, so thank you for that. It's absolutely perfect.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

True, close, but no cigar. The other factor in 69 the winners in both games were the away team, so I suppose that adds on another degree of complexity we are unlikely to witness any time soon.

I was hanging on here hoping for a 6ft midfield predator appearing out of nowhere, but it’s looking less and less likely.

Similarly, I think we beat Hamilton 2-1 away and then lost 1-4 at home, one was a cup game.

Could be wrong, but I think the games were only days apart.

Jose Quitongo was playing I’m sure, and Sandy Clark was their manager I think.

QP are in poor form but we're a great style match up for them if that makes sense. They'll run all over the top of us in midfield where they have energy and some proper talent. It's where we're weakest now that the hapless Laurel and Hardy are out our defence.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

All the potential XI and formation chat is something I find unspeakably boring, but the emboldened metaphor has really tickled me, so thank you for that. It's absolutely perfect.

Thank you for that. I can’t do the formation stuff either tbh. I think is a product of 4-4-2 magazine and others of that ilk as well as Football Manager. I don’t think it’s all guff…..I simply have never really studied it or taken the time to learn about it.

Can't see us taking anything from this. As others have mentioned we are powderpuff in midfield and although Jacobs is a welcome addition he's got very little help. We were absolutely honking last week and collapsed after taking the lead. Midfield needed strengthened more in the window. It wasn't so we will continue to struggle there. I don't think it'll be the pumping queen's dished out last time but they'll still be a bit too strong for us. 1-2. 

44 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

QP are in poor form but we're a great style match up for them if that makes sense. They'll run all over the top of us in midfield where they have energy and some proper talent. It's where we're weakest now that the hapless Laurel and Hardy are out our defence.

I suppose a side with absolutely no dig in midfield (Jacobs apart) is about as good as QP could have hoped for. I really don’t see how Rennie can do anything to stop it from being another midfield massacre other than taking a huge risk and getting ATS in there with Jacobs.

Guest TedCrilly

Just blasted a 10km via the stadium. It’s wet and wild out there guys, stay safe for heavens sake.
Fully earned the pre match pints now. COYB. 

Queens haven't won again since our humping, 1 win in 12 is relegation form, so it's surprising some of our fans writing us off before a ball is kicked

Our 4 wins 12 isn't much better but not to be able to beat the bottom end teams is embarrassing for both teams with their budgets.

Im 99% sure we will be 3 at the back, you don't sign the amount of CH we have not to go that route. We need the full backs flying or we will be similar to last week's performance.

Wits happening with Queens Park manager role ?

21 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd love to see Rennie try change things up now we seem to have made signings that will improve our defence and change to a 4-4-2. But after last weekends game I've got the fear Rennie's never going to change the formation so I'd like to see Morrison in the 10 instead of Nesbitt.

Mutch
Telfer Jacobs
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

No danger Will Morrison play IMO 

29 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Our 4 wins 12 isn't much better but not to be able to beat the bottom end teams is embarrassing for both teams with their budgets.

Thing is, we can beat the bottom end teams. It’s everyone else that is the problem for us, and when you sit 6th, that is a very small pool of clubs that you are capable  of beating. Isn’t it something over 2 years since we beat a proper full time side?

I just can’t get past the uneasiness of knowing that whatever midfield Rennie selects,  it isn’t anywhere near being good enough.

21 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch
Telfer Jacobs
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

Why would you want to go to a 442? We have 1 winger and his delivery is terrible. Do our fans even know what position our player play!