Friday night Top of the Table clash

25 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

It’s only a joke ffs.

It came across as a "women shouldn't be at the football, they should be in the kitchen" joke, which is not remotely funny. At the time I was giving the poster the benefit of the doubt that that might not have been what they meant, but they've confirmed below that is exactly what they meant.

2 minutes ago, Luddite said:

I don’t like listening to female commentators. Sorry you can’t find it in yourself to be more tolerant of my views 😩

On 30/01/2022 at 20:02, Killie for the cup said:

I am expecting a far better performance this time round and hopefully the 3 points to take us top .   

The only 3 points you'll be getting is off the average speed cameras between Dunblane and Perth !

Edited by DUAFC

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It came across as a "women shouldn't be at the football, they should be in the kitchen" joke, which is not remotely funny. At the time I was giving the poster the benefit of the doubt that that might not have been what they meant, but they've confirmed below that is exactly what they meant.

Aye, Luddite is clearly an utter roaster - apparently your sex automatically determines how good a commentator you are. Interestingly, in terms of AU media - the female commentator is by far the most insightful. 

Not surprising to see the comment has been liked by Kilmarnock’s resident roaster either, who has been polluting the Ayr thread. 

The men and women are all mediocre commentators to be honest.

The ones championing the female commentators are doing so because they have such low expectations of women, that them being equally mediocre as men surprises them. 

Pure sexism and it wouldn't surprise me if they are racist in the same way. It's probably these people who have kept Garth Crooks (who is objectively awful at punditry) in a job.

On a par with Hitler, Stalin, Obama and Sturgeon, this lot.

There are quite obviously good, bad and downright terrible commentators and pundits out there - regardless of their sex. Personally I think Leanne Crichton is decent.

She’s played to a high level: Champions League, World Cup etc (cue “aye but wifie’s fitba is shit” comments) which is as high as it goes in women’s football and she obviously knows what she’s talking about.

I fail to see how some mannies talking pish down the pub or on an internet forum, who’ve never played to a decent level, seem to think they would be more competent than an ex high level pro just because she’s a woman.

Anyway - home win!

Edited by Tattie36

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Yep, that is what I meant. That is my view.  

43 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

The ones championing the female commentators are doing so because they have such low expectations of women, that them being equally mediocre as men surprises them. 

Pure sexism and it wouldn't surprise me if they are racist in the same way. It's probably these people who have kept Garth Crooks (who is objectively awful at punditry) in a job.

Yassss! 😂

Also, all this “she’s a good pundit” shite…I listened to her on the Morton/RR game and heard nothing but cliche’d drivel from her.

Admittedly the male commentators were just as cliche’d , but it was her tone I didn’t like (shrieky). That’s my personal taste, I prefer non-shrieky, non-cliche’d commentators and as I already have a lovely lady in my life I don’t need to pretend to be a sensitive feminist to get my hole.

55 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye, Luddite is clearly an utter roaster - apparently your sex automatically determines how good a commentator you are. Interestingly, in terms of AU media - the female commentator is by far the most insightful. 

Not surprising to see the comment has been liked by Kilmarnock’s resident roaster either, who has been polluting the Ayr thread. 

Pish. She’s another cliche’ machine with that forced  “engaging and impassioned TV personality” voice they all put on.

1 hour ago, Lichtielegend said:

Sturgeon is way worse than any of them tbf