Friday night Top of the Table clash

Just read the topic back and absolutely howlin' at the couple of Killie fans saying "there's no shame in losing to this Arbroath side anymore". 

There kind of is, lads, when you're spending and blitzing an absolute fucking fortune on it and getting nowhere near them. 

Excellent defensive display from Arbroath and never gave Killie a sniff, I can’t remember Gaston being tested too much and even when they went down to 10 men were still the better side.

Hopefully Arbroath can defy the odds and win the league and McKenna won’t be out for too long as he would be a huge loss. I look on very envious as we head to League 2 but would be a great achievement for a part time side to reach the Premier League. Great to see so many young fans in the stands too, the future certainly looks bright.

Also, not enough wind chat for my liking on the BBC…

I’m sure it’s been mentioned already, but 2,800 for Arbroath on a game on free telly is phenomenal. The board and manager seem to be doing a great job, both energising the fan base and putting together a great team on a relatively small budget. Atmosphere looked great last night - benefits of having a ground that is the right size for your fan base too!

Really enjoyed that watch last night. There’ve been some awful Fri night Championship TV matches but this wasn’t one of them.

Well done Arbroath 👏👏 There’ll be a few Championship boards looking at the Arbroath set-up and wondering if that’s the way to go.  Tidy, well-maintained ground (love the mood lighting in the tunnel!), entertaining team, personable manager, and a visible connection with the fanbase.  Just makes me sad the my home team has none of that whatsoever at the moment 😐

14 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned already, but 2,800 for Arbroath on a game on free telly is phenomenal. The board and manager seem to be doing a great job, both energising the fan base and putting together a great team on a relatively small budget. Atmosphere looked great last night - benefits of having a ground that is the right size for your fan base too!

One of the best things about it is the amount of kids that are at the games now. When I was a kid and going to games there weren’t many others and you certainly never saw kids in team kits or proudly saying they supported the club, changed days now.

Obviously success plays a big part but the way the club is run just now and the engagement with the community also plays a huge part.

Not sure what the Killie support was last night but it definitely looked a fair bit less than when we played them in September. I reckon they had maybe 500-600 max last night, meaning there were 2200-2300 home fans on a cold February night with the game live on tv. 

Edited by Tattie36

Said to my pal last night when leaving Gayfield - that’s 7 points out of 9 against Kilmarnock this season, I remember the days of being delighted if we took 7 out of 9 against East Stirling (no disrespect to ES intended).

Show’s how far we’ve come.

We were outfought all over last night. And I don't mean to say that Arbroath are a physical side, simply that we couldn't match them. Improvement and consistency needed immediately and for the rest of the season. Other teams around us will drop points, but consistency gets you out of this division. And Arbroath have that. Really hope to see the lichties promoted, though obviously not at our expense.

Naismith was poor, Burke looks done, Hemmings should have stopped the shot. Glass looked a bright spark, hopefully see him start on Wednesday.

I will take our chances in a play off, but I really want Arbroath to go up. Yes I will be furious at another team besting us, but how can you begrudge them and their supporters riding this wave all the way. They have gubbed us 3/3 and have done it in some style even though we nicked a point in one of the games.

Still a way to go yet. I hope Arbroath do go up, but obviously via the play-offs. Fair play to Dick Campbell, he gets the most out of his players, without a doubt.

Killie can, and will play a lot better than that in the run in. Lets see how the League stands around a month from now.

Well done Arbroath and the Campbell brothers - c'mon the wee team!
Really enjoyed that last night with the West Coast media loving everything about Killie. They're like a 70s junior team, full of old past-it players out for a last pay day 

Lafferty and Taylor were the only players older than 30 in our starting 11 last night, and Burke was the only other one of that age who came on. I would guess our team was substantially younger than Arbroath's.

2 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

There actually wasn’t even that many Killie fans either. More the last time. Must’ve only been 600 or something 

I still expect us to get promoted at the end of the season, but we’ve got to find a bit of dig. We seemed awed by the Arbroath phenomena from the off. 
We need to be much sharper, much fitter and we need to find a way to grab these games by the scruff of the neck. 
Fair fucks to the lichties though. An incredible season.