Friday night Top of the Table clash

Brilliant, just brilliant, great team performance and what a player Jack Hamilton is turning out to be. A much better all round player than when he was with us last season. Anyone in maroon could have been man of the match but for me he just inched it over Scott Stewart.

Hope McKenna's injury isn't as bad as it seemed, really don't want to lose him for too many games.

It's about time that pundits and commentators give credit where it is due and admit that Arbroath are as good a footballing side or even better than any other in this league. It's not just because we are as fit as full time teams or well organised or hard to beat that we are top of the league.

1 hour ago, Luddite said:

Maybe he’s a romantic at heart, transcends tribal loyalties?

Exactly this. It's one season and I've been following Thistle for 35 years and saw us win a few league titles. We'll win more in future. Arbroath winning promotion to the top tier would be a magnificent and joyous occasion that, honestly, would bring a warm smile to the hearts of most fans. 

36 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

I wouldn’t say it was stupid . He wins the ball then follows through . Ball was there to be won

It was a dangerous challenge. The studs were up and he lunged at his opponent. The ball is always there to be won in any scenario, but if the tackle is likely to cause an injury then it needs to be penalised. 

24 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Thought the red card was a touch harsh but can understand why it was given. A great result again from the boys. 

I could be wrong but is that the first game we have won on tv?

c'mon the tele

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It was a dangerous challenge. The studs were up and he lunged at his opponent. The ball is always there to be won in any scenario, but if the tackle is likely to cause an injury then it needs to be penalised. 

I'd say he lunged at the ball rather than the opponent. Maybe he can take his leg away at the last moment but I'm not sure, apart from not going for the ball, he can do there. I get that the rules don't seem to leave much room and if the studs are up on the shin then it's a red. 

I'm a massive fitba da' though, so I'm just going to stick with my "might as well ban tackling" huffiness around it.

And @Pie Of The Month, aye I'd take Arbroath winning it over us this season. I'll still love it if we do, but the magic of Arbroath winning it, and all that this would mean, is irresistible. I've seen us almost go to the wall, so another season knocking about the second tier won't hurt.

1 hour ago, S G 07 McH said:

No complaints about the result. But why play one up front? Should've kept it simple 4 4 2, Derick .

Did you never notice how he approached games at Aberdeen? Ultra conservative. I think he was hoping for a 0-0 tonight.

Aberdeen supporting friends of mine were driven mental by his negativity. He would try to protect a 1 goal lead from the 15th minute if he had to. Never tried to kill the game and get a second goal. Don’t get me wrong, he’ll get results for you but don’t expect exciting or high scoring wins. You’ll likely go a goal up and he’ll immediately take off an attack minded player and try to conserve your lead. Frustrating to watch.

Edited by Tattie36

Guest mr_malcolm

Killie deserves to lose just for that Celtic rip off song . Watching Ayrshire killie putting on a show , while then proceeding to get beaten off the plucky part timers