Friday night Top of the Table clash

Well deserved win. Showed so much effort and spirit. Fitness levels are superb. Showed the rest of the league how to get on top of the opposition with a great pressing game. Currently deservedly in top place. Still a fair bit to go but it's in their own hands now.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Red looked harsh to me.  Nothing to do with winning the ball, but it’s one footed and not done at pace.  Leg is fairly straight and he leaves the ground so there are some factors for dangerous play,  but I don’t think it is given the first 2 factors 

Are you trying to say that challenge didn’t endanger the safety of the Killie boy?  You do realise you can break a leg/ankle with a one footed challenge yeah?

They're the best team in the league by a mile, and I'd almost feel a bit dirty if we end up pipping them to the title. I think the only thing that will maybe count against them is that they're more likely than the others to lose to one of the poorer teams in the league out of the blue, but even at that I think they probably will do it now.

Kilmarnock were never at the races this evening. Arbroath kept their shape throughout, were well organised and that was all it took. But maybe that's what it takes in this division. 

It's difficult to see where the challenge to Arbroath is coming from. Enormous credit to them. 

Great stuff Arbroath.

I felt oddly nervous watching the last few minutes of that.

I have to admit feeling the same at the end, totally nervous despite having no emotional attachment to Arbroath.

They were tremendous tonight. To a man, tremendous. Little and O'Brien are solid, McKenna, Low and Stewart were heroic and Hamilton was unbelievable. What a special group Arbroath are, lead by a special manager. Dick Campbell there looks like he's just realised that they are serious contenders.

Kilmarnock, save Declan Glass, were dreadful. That performance could have been anyone of the last 15-20 games McInnes managed at Aberdeen. Turgid, slow hoofball with little quality in the last third.

Just now, true fan said:

A query - if Arbroath stay top will there be premier league stadium requirement issues?

Yes. No matter who finishes top there will be stadium requirements.

Thankfully Arbroath meet them.