Raith v Queens

6 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

Normally a point at Raith would be a decent result, especially when we were 2-0 and 3-2 down. But, watching how bad we are, especially defensively, its difficult to muster up any enthusiasm. 

Partick fans were absolutely spot on about Gordon, absolutely anonymous for 89 minutes then scores a worldy. Pretty depressing that we've brought in 3 players in the window and none look like they've improved the team.

Yes - I really worry that he will keep playing O’Connor. Far too important a position to carry a passenger like him. He brings out the worst in East as well. I am not a huge fan of Debayo but at least he wins some  headers and looks a much better option than the new loanee. I would reluctantly persevere with Gibson and either East or Debayo until McKay reappears. As for Gordon he is largely anonymous but at least he gets ahead of the ball at times and seems to have the odd goal in him. As for the Boro winger - he had a nightmare on Sat but he wasn’t alone - surely worth another chance?

Depressing to think that none of the 3 might actually justify inclusion!!!!

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Yes - I really worry that he will keep playing O’Connor. Far too important a position to carry a passenger like him. He brings out the worst in East as well. I am not a huge fan of Debayo but at least he wins some  headers and looks a much better option than the new loanee. I would reluctantly persevere with Gibson and either East or Debayo until McKay reappears. As for Gordon he is largely anonymous but at least he gets ahead of the ball at times and seems to have the odd goal in him. As for the Boro winger - he had a nightmare on Sat but he wasn’t alone - surely worth another chance?

Depressing to think that none of the 3 might actually justify inclusion!!!!

Only 2 games in for O'connor but not great start, Def need an experienced CB in there with him, Wouldn't think Gordon will be playing as he is a partick player, Is McKay not out long term?

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Well, it wasn’t boring, with those defences it was never going to be 0-0.

I was watching the first goal again because a few Queens players were protesting about something. Having watched it several times, I’m not sure what the problem was (apart from a criminal lack of marking). Maybe the first Raith attacker was marginally offside, but didn’t touch it. Zanatta had ambled up from half way unmarked before our defender noticed too late and let him in at the far post. 
Having conceded the first, most Queens fans thought it was game over, and after the second we were watching out of a sense of duty. Fortunately, our first goal came at the right time, it just gave us some confidence.

Bizarre penalty, a complete mess up by O’Connor and totally unnecessary. But well saved.

Overall, got to be happy with a point after the start, and we did show a bit of fight. 

Sadly I fear this is what the rest of the season holds for us. Really awful displays (at home) then we go away from home and get draws where we expect to get humped. But the odd point here or there is only prolonging the agony...we need wins to overtake those just above us. Have we improved over the three years he has tinkered with the team? 

Dissapointed we didn't win that last night. Out the traps early doors and could have been 2 or 3 up after 15 minutes. Didn't feel, for the most part, that the team had other things on their mind and there were large spells we looked up for it and playing some nice football. Fair play to Queens, cracking strike for the equaliser. Apart from the obvious discussions surrounding the club this was a big game for us last night and a chance to keep up with the teams above us. Hamilton will be no mugs on Saturday and we'll probably get a doing against Celtic before two tough games against Kilmarnock and Partick. 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

There were a couple of posts (from brand new accounts) accusing another poster of being a rapist, so I assume that’s something to do with it. 

Football, eh? Bloody hell.