Raith v Queens

41 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Apologies if this has been asked but where do the other players stand if they're not happy to be playing in the same team as Goodwillie? Other than the female teams captain there's not been much else said from the playing staff - are they powerless in this? I wouldn't imagine a lot of them are in a position to be able to just walk away from their contracts even if they wanted to but surely some of them are less than happy about this?

Just another group not considered and let down by the Raith board.

4 minutes ago, RRPT said:

Evans has not been found guilty in a Civil or Criminal court. Would I still want him at the club? No but there is a difference 

He was found guilty.  He served his time and was released on license.  He then submitted new evidence so the court of appeal quashed his conviction.   That meant he was granted a retrial and then he was found not guilty

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Griffiths released by Dundee, I wonder if it was on the back of the justified shitstorm this has caused

If we could go back 48hrs I'd pick Griffiths up myself, take him into the boardroom at Starks and hold the entire board hostage until they signed him, thus removing the funds earnarked for Goodwillie. 

Would have spared *some* embarassment. 

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Griffiths released by Dundee, I wonder if it was on the back of the justified shitstorm this has caused

He's just an unfit waster at the moment. Dundee chose not to sign him after his loan finished. They signed Zak Rudden instead.

33 minutes ago, true_rover said:

More or less powerless until the summer now. They could, in theory,  walk away but they'd be giving up on any wages until the summer and since a lot of them are under contract for much longer, the Rovers could still control their registration unless another team paid them a fee.

They could voice their displeasure and seek a loan, the window for such is still open.

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Unsurprisingly it remains the case that we are awful at the basics. What do they actually do in training. Defensively dire, all over the place shape wise and even coughing up a chance that should have made it 3-0 straight from our own kick off. 

As a neutral that was thoroughly enjoyable.

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This one feels a lot worse. I thought the Galloway thing fizzled out pretty quickly and only really sparked again when our idiotic BoD issued a shite statement similar to Raith's effectively saying 'Deal with it'. I didn't think another BoD could be so far away from the fans as ours but it's been a right 'Hold my beer' move from Raith's.

I was just thinking that inviting George Galloway to attend a Queens game during lock down turns out not to be nowhere near the stupidest thing a club can do. I've often wondered if the fall-out from that would have been as bad if it hadn't been Galloway. It seems to me it was more about who it was rather than what was done. 

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Or just show some balls and voice their displeasure without even asking for a move. Folk would understand that they can't just leave a job.

I would like to think the Club Captain conveyed the thoughts of the squad to the Manager, either good or bad. I'm sure the players families will also have made their feelings known to the players. I'm sure there are subtle ways to make him feel unwanted. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Are you applying this to all professional sports?  If not who decides which ones have to have morals and which don't?

Well with Greenwood and Goodwillie this now appears to be what the public are clamouring for specifically in football.

Of interest, Goodwillie had 3 actual convictions for assault prior to the 2017 civil court case. I'm sure the victims of these assaults aren't too fond of him, including someone who was knocked unconscious apparently - this could have been a life threatening or life changing head injury.

Perhaps if his licence to play had been revoked as a result of these incidents, all the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the last few days would never have happened.

24 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I would like to think the Club Captain conveyed the thoughts of the squad to the Manager, either good or bad. I'm sure the players families will also have made their feelings known to the players. I'm sure there are subtle ways to make him feel unwanted. 

Or unsubtle ones such as one of them halfing him in training.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

Well with Greenwood and Goodwillie this now appears to be what the public are clamouring for specifically in football.

Of interest, Goodwillie had 3 actual convictions for assault prior to the 2017 civil court case. I'm sure the victims of these assaults aren't too fond of him, including someone who was knocked unconscious apparently - this could have been a life threatening or life changing head injury.

Perhaps if his licence to play had been revoked as a result of these incidents, all the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the last few days would never have happened.

Whilst working in Dundee a good few years ago, I was talking to my taxi driver who knew the family.

He told me that DG was targeted by rockets all the time, but came from a 'right hard family', and usually won any fights.

This was just after he'd moved South.

Not in any way defending the rapist, but I'd be more likely to accept someone with an assault conviction.