Raith v Queens

Getting rid the management at seasons end wont cost as they're out of contract,  GW would cost in the region of 130k plus the 50k transfer the CEO hell knows what shes on wage wise and the directors how much have they got invested , but laterly these ones should be Sims responsibility 

Whatever way you look at it we're fecked

1005 on the official website. 

Think last night was a bit short notice and nothing was organised.  Is there any word of a protest for Saturdays game.  No intentions of setting foot in the stadium until Goodwillie is gone but I’d join a protest if there’s one outside.  Board seem entrenched but got to make our feelings known. 
I haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere about one but would be happy to take part in a properly organised one.

We need to do something about this. Theres no coming back from this for the current board or management imo but something needs to be done before we lose what good is actually left at the club.

46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t we have a ‘fit fit purpose’ club owner set of criteria already?
Is it that unreasonable to have sort of criteria to be a professional footballer?
Looking at so many past events, mainly across England, it could be argued there should be….

This is now becoming the only way to avoid this unpleasant situation again in the future. If the public wish footballers to be upheld as 'role models' (personally, I'm not sure this is required in society, but anyway), then there would have to be a 'licence to play' from a regulatory authority (similar to healthcare, teaching, legal professions etc.), such that a player could be 'struck off' from the professional game.

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

How far over the mark did the Raith thread end up going before getting taken out to get neutered?

I think the best way to describe it is that someone made a very serious accusation of another poster. Given the theme of what was being discussed in the Raith Rovers thread I am sure you can guess what the accusation was.

Edited by RiG
Cannot type to save myself.

Apologies if this has been asked but where do the other players stand if they're not happy to be playing in the same team as Goodwillie? Other than the female teams captain there's not been much else said from the playing staff - are they powerless in this? I wouldn't imagine a lot of them are in a position to be able to just walk away from their contracts even if they wanted to but surely some of them are less than happy about this?

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm not clued up on disclosures. Do civil cases count? It's very difficult but I don't think legislating is the correct answer. 

The quote the Elder Scrolls: "What is better – To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature though great effort?"

Davie Martindale can be a role model for rehabilitation. Each case needs its own careful consideration.

Disclosures are based on the balance of probability and have a lower bar for evidence than a civil court. A person can be barred from doing protected jobs if there are two or more employer reports made which establish a pattern of behaviour in the view of Disclosure Scotland. A civil court unambiguously declaring somebody a rapist, along with two criminal convictions for assault, would almost definitely disbar him from nearly all jobs where he can work with or influence protected groups. He wouldn't, and shouldn't, even be trusted to drive a taxi.

Most people see contrition as the first step in rehabilitation and DG has shown none,

46 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

You're getting on shaky ground when you start deciding who can and can't work - but why as a brand Raith Rovers want to commit suicide I'm not sure.

Nobody is saying he shouldn't be allowed to work ever again. I don't think anyone had any issue with him being a DPD delivery man. But being a professional footballer isn't just any job. It's a prominent publicly facing job that pays well. It is a privilege at the end of the day & if you can't meet a basic standard of decency (& not committing rape is a pretty low bar) then tough shite.

2 minutes ago, milhouse said:

This is now becoming the only way to avoid this unpleasant situation again in the future. If the public wish footballers to be upheld as 'role models' (personally, I'm not sure this is required in society, but anyway), then there would have to be a 'licence to play' from a regulatory authority (similar to healthcare, teaching, legal professions etc.), such that a player could be 'struck off' from the professional game.

Are you applying this to all professional sports?  If not who decides which ones have to have morals and which don't?

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Apologies if this has been asked but where do the other players stand if they're not happy to be playing in the same team as Goodwillie? Other than the female teams captain there's not been much else said from the playing staff - are they powerless in this? I wouldn't imagine a lot of them are in a position to be able to just walk away from their contracts even if they wanted to but surely some of them are less than happy about this?

Not sure what you want them to do. Most of them are just mercenaries who rely on the club giving them a wage to get by. I'd imagine none of them can afford to walk away from that, and given they'll stay it wouldn't do them any good to piss off their teammates and manager and cause a rift in the dressing room.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Got to disagree there with the “It’s quite clear Falkirk tried” bit. It really isn’t.  There hasn’t been a single shred of evidence to support that our Board made any approach……..none.

There is of course, a possibility that we did try, but that’s no more possible than any other club trying.

The same rumour comes up repeatedly, and it has never got beyond that. Unless Clyde or Falkirk provide evidence supporting there being an approach, then no-one can make a clear assertion that FFC did try.

Does "been widely reported" suit you better?

12 minutes ago, milhouse said:

It'd be 5 a side in about a month.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Not sure what you want them to do. Most of them are just mercenaries who rely on the club giving them a wage to get by. I'd imagine none of them can afford to walk away from that, and given they'll stay it wouldn't do them any good to piss off their teammates and manager and cause a rift in the dressing room.

To be fair i'm not really sure what i'd expect them to do. I just know that if my wife knew i was working with someone like Goodwillie (not that my employer would have him as an employee) and i was essentially being asked to support and help him in being successful then she'd be looking for me to move jobs sharpish - but i'm sure that's much easier for me to do than a professional footballer whose only option may be to move for less cash or even go part time......

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I sadly think many of them would share Tade’s evaluation.