Raith v Queens

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I doubt he's alone in that unfortunately. You might be surprised at how many in football live in a bubble, even at this level.

It's quite clear Falkirk tried and there'll have been a few more astute Directors that have chased managers and colleagues who wanted to sign him.

There is definitely a disconnect between opinions on Goodwillie within the football fraternity and that of the real world. 

Danny Lennon never seemed to have a bad word to say about him, from what I recall about the Don't Tell Him He's Pele podcast his then team mates at Clyde seemed fairly sanguine about playing alongside him.

I suspect there is a worryingly different narrative surrounding Goodwillie amongst those that actually play the game vs. The rest of us.

I think if I was in the Raith hierarchy I'd be trying to get Goodwillie loaned back to Clyde for as long as possible to give some breathing space while you work out a legal strategy as to how to terminate his contract.   If that can't be done the best thing to do would in my view be to pay him to stay away, ie take the hit and hope he leaves of his own accord.  That last thing that's needed just now is to actually have him running onto the pitch in a Raith shirt.

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I think if I was in the Raith hierarchy I'd be trying to get Goodwillie loaned back to Clyde for as long as possible to give some breathing space while you work out a legal strategy as to how to terminate his contract.   If that can't be done the best thing to do would in my view be to pay him to stay away, ie take the hit and hope he leaves of his own accord.  That last thing that's needed just now is to actually have him running onto the pitch in a Raith shirt.

Not sure it’ll be that simple. The world has rediscovered that David Goodwillie exists. If he goes back to Clyde that’ll be newsworthy too and the pressure will be on Clyde. Do they want that?

2 minutes ago, renton said:

There is definitely a disconnect between opinions on Goodwillie within the football fraternity and that of the real world. 

Danny Lennon never seemed to have a bad word to say about him, from what I recall about the Don't Tell Him He's Pele podcast his then team mates at Clyde seemed fairly sanguine about playing alongside him.

I suspect there is a worryingly different narrative surrounding Goodwillie amongst those that actually play the game vs. The rest of us.

Strongly suspect that loads of people didn't actually pay any attention to either the case, or the judgement. They'll have seen the words "civil case" and "payout" and just assumed that he'd been a bit naughty and that was the end of it. 

Suspect some of his pals and teammates remained wilfully ignorant. Would be natural to try and bury your head in the sand if it was one of your pals. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

To hell, along with the rest of the club.

I think it's hidden while the mods sort out a whole bunch of posts.

Probably editing out the couple of morons who were saying what he did was okay. 

Someone on twitter saying it's legal reasons

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I miss the days when we laughed at Falkirk and Dunfermline in Simpson memes.

Incidentally, there's a relatively obscure Simpsons meme page on Facebook that's almost entirely for niche Irish in-jokes. 

There was a Goodwillie meme on there this morning. This isn't going away any time soon. 

Just now, rb123! said:

Probably editing out the couple of morons who were saying what he did was okay. 

Someone on twitter saying it's legal reasons

Apparently some (new?) posters appeared and accused another poster of something serious and so the mods have hidden it till they sort it out. 

f**k being a mod on a day like this! 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Apparently some (new?) posters appeared and accused another poster of something serious and so the mods have hidden it till they sort it out. 

Jesus....

5 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

In amongst some pretty obvious new accounts set up for a troll, a poster was called a 'faux feminist' and a rapist by another poster. 

Not surprising it's been taken down for the time being. 

38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This will be talked about in more depth on Sportsound on Saturday.

No doubt Off The Ball will discuss it as well.

The Shereen Nanjiani show on Saturday morning (Radio Scotland) will definitely cover it too.

So the story isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I guess Off The Ball will mention it and move on. 

A topic like that is like an unexploded bomb for a lighthearted show.

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There was always something not right about him I always thought.

Mainly the fact he was more critical of long throws than rapists.

Oh and shirt, tie, tracksuit look.

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I miss the days when we laughed at Falkirk and Dunfermline in Simpson memes.

I miss the days (Monday afternoon) when we weren't a vile, scummy, disintegrating, rape apologist circus.