Raith v Queens

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Even if they were to terminate the contract of Goodwillie (which they won't), the statement last night which said it was a decision based primarily on footballing ability has effectively turned our reputation into a complete binfire. It's ruined the legacy of the board and mcglynn.

If the board leave, we're still in a situation where we don't own the stadium and it's held by a separate company. I'm still in disbelief that our board and management could be so absolutely ignorant about any backlash that this would get. They knew it was coming. They were told by dozens, if not hundreds, of fans. They stuck their heads in the sand, and sat throughout all of January before doing the business on the last day of the window with no thought for the reaction.

I might be overreacting, but I don't see how the club can continue. I'm glad that there's discussions regarding emergency funds being set up by fans groups. I have absolutely no idea how this will end up, but we all knew there was a danger in one man having all the power.

The only way forward is to remove Sim. Noting the stadium issue, this will be hideously expensive. Perhaps the immediate priority is to regain control of the club and then get the stadium back so everything is under one roof. 

I don't know how we do it, mobilise it or drive it forward. But it needs to happen. 

If the club has any ambition to be a community club then step 1 is terminating Goodwillies contract and making a grovelling public apology. It will still take a long time for the trust to be rebuilt and what it had on Sunday to be re established. The longer Step 1 doesn't happen the longer that return will take. It's probably several years already but we can at least limit the immediate financial impact of sponsors and fans pulling the resources.

If it proceeds with this "winning football games takes priority over everything else" attitude then the club just took it's first step to oblivion. That will happen quicker than the difficult return journey to community club status will take.

The damage is done.

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

If the club has any ambition to be a community club then step 1 is terminating Goodwillies contract and making a grovelling public apology. It will still take a long time for the trust to be rebuilt and what it had on Sunday to be re established. The longer Step 1 doesn't happen the longer that return will take. It's probably several years already but we can at least limit the immediate financial impact of sponsors and fans pulling the resources.

If it proceeds with this "winning football games takes priority over everything else" attitude then the club just took it's first step to oblivion. That will happen quicker than the difficult return journey to community club status will take.

The damage is done.

Absolute priority and preferably before he kicks a ball, can McGlynn, Sim or any of the others recover from this I don’t know probably not but Terminating his contract and a public apology to our staff, sponsors and supporters is a must. As you say the longer this drags on the worse it’ll be.  The damage can be limited but unfortunately the stain of this will be permanent.   

The damage is done.

I’d be surprised if they haven’t arranged an emergency board meeting to discuss the next steps and contemplating what their options are around Goodwillie.
In the interim, I’ll be even more surprised if we see him pull on a Raith shirt. It may be that they carry on paying him but not playing him until a satisfactory arrangement can be reached.
Then again, perhaps this board still think they can withstand the backlash and carry on…..

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Dissapointed we didn't win that last night. Out the traps early doors and could have been 2 or 3 up after 15 minutes. Didn't feel, for the most part, that the team had other things on their mind and there were large spells we looked up for it and playing some nice football. Fair play to Queens, cracking strike for the equaliser. Apart from the obvious discussions surrounding the club this was a big game for us last night and a chance to keep up with the teams above us. Hamilton will be no mugs on Saturday and we'll probably get a doing against Celtic before two tough games against Kilmarnock and Partick. 

You were.  You went 2 up after 13 minutes.  I think from the highlights you almost scored again within seconds of Queens kicking off after the second goal, but the ball came off the inside of the post.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

You lads wanna buy a striker? He’ll get you loads of publicity. 

Joking aside, it wouldn't have been a great surprise if we had thought about trying to sign him. Raith may have stopped a few Clubs making that mistake. 

I’d be surprised if they haven’t arranged an emergency board meeting to discuss the next steps and contemplating what their options are around Goodwillie.
In the interim, I’ll be even more surprised if we see him pull on a Raith shirt. It may be that they carry on paying him but not playing him until a satisfactory arrangement can be reached.
Then again, perhaps this board still think they can withstand the backlash and carry on…..
I'd be surprised if they have had a board meeting. I'm very much of the opinion they think folk will shout loudly for a day or two and then it'll all blow over. I don't think they're remotely phased and believe the crowd will be up for the Accies game. From what I've heard, they don't care if we lose a couple of hundred fans. They'll feel sponsors can be replaced and that they can market their way out of this.

22 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

She is in a very difficult position tbf. She wouldn’t have had a say in the vote to sign Goodwillie, I’m not even convinced she would have been seriously consulted. The people responsible are: John McGlynn and looking at the directors page, those who voted in favour would be John Sim, Dave Sinton, Tom Morgan and Steven MacDonald.

She is different to a lot others in that she is in a paid position by the club. She may well be strongly opposed and I would expect she is severely pissed off about being left to deal with the shitstorm which is not of her own doing. However, when you have a mortgage and bills to pay, it is very difficult to walk away from a job that is probably quite well paid. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is looking for work elsewhere before rendering her resignation but I have no inside information on that.

Is she not married to the assistant manager? I would assume she is more involved than you are suggesting here?

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I genuinely think, at this current moment, this is their plan.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Is she not married to the assistant manager? I would assume she is more involved than you are suggesting here?

That is literally the first I have ever heard of that! I take back what I said if that is true but I had no idea that was the case. Where did you see this, out of interest?

Just now, R.R.FC said:

That is literally the first I have ever heard of that! I take back what I said if that is true but I had no idea that was the case. Where did you see this, out of interest?

Common knowledge since she started.

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I'd be surprised if they have had a board meeting. I'm very much of the opinion they think folk will shout loudly for a day or two and then it'll all blow over. I don't think they're remotely phased and believe the crowd will be up for the Accies game. From what I've heard, they don't care if we lose a couple of hundred fans. They'll feel sponsors can be replaced and that they can market their way out of this.

For their plan to have even a modicum of a chance, this has to end in Premier League football next season.

Wouldn't change my mind but would open a gateway for new fans/sponsors.

Given that we are pretty much 5th in the league and bottom of the form table I think they are on to plums.

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Joking aside, it wouldn't have been a great surprise if we had thought about trying to sign him. Raith may have stopped a few Clubs making that mistake. 

Also would not be a surprise if you (and other clubs) thought about signing him, and then somebody at the club knew that be a very bad idea and not worth the problems that would come later. Unlike Raith.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Common knowledge since she started.

Not for me it wasn’t. Literally the first I have seen it mentioned. But fair enough, I take back what I said, she is equally as culpable as the rest.

Edited by R.R.FC

Just now, R.R.FC said:

Unless I'm getting the wrong end of the stick somewhere, I've heard it mentioned a few times as part of the fallout since Monday.