Raith v Queens

Surely this guy O’Connor hasn’t got a gig in the premier league ? Is one of the worst players I have seen in a queens jersey and it would delight me if we just kept him benched til May. He has actually somehow managed to make us worse at the back. 

Was it him that gave away the penalty? I couldn't see. A ridiculous challenge whoever it was.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was it him that gave away the penalty? I couldn't see. A ridiculous challenge whoever it was.

I think it was, spoke to someone at the game who thought it was him too,  his distribution is absolutely shocking. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yes.  I thought the ref was pretty lenient with him throughout the whole game tbh.  Yet again we had to change shape and drop the experienced central defensive stalwart Willie Gibson into the backline to try to avert further calamity.

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

?

3 minutes ago, partick_twinny said:

She was looking down. Looked back up and the ball was in the net for the equaliser. Said Queens appeared to have scored, she had no idea who scored or how and that McDonald looked about as clueless as she was.

Then proceeded to speculate that the goal (which she hadn't seen) was  a freak shot, which must have slipped under the keeper. It was a 30yd howitzer which wasn't going to be saved if you'd fielded a hybrid of Buffon and James McAulay between the sticks.

2 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Has Gordon touched the ball?

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Forgot he was playing to be honest.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:
Good attitude  to get back into this. Gordon is still non existent

Aye we're playing with 10. Get him off ffs.

Queens getting the top end Shea Gordon experience tonight, the more common one is where he plays like this but doesn't rattle one in from 30 yards- glad he did though

Edited by Fuctifano

41 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

I think it was, spoke to someone at the game who thought it was him too,  his distribution is absolutely shocking. 

I didn't bother watching tonight's game after Saturday's shit show, but I'm not surprised O'Connor is getting pelters, he was dire on Saturday too imo, I was gobsmacked some people thought he was a MoM candidate V Dunfermline. 

Ah well. Another game where we should've won but couldn't defend a lead. 

The 3rd goal was a ridiculous strike but in reality we could and should have scored 5 or 6.

Playing Benedictus and Frankie as a pairing was almost as mental as signing Goodwillie.

I was kind of dreading the match tonight but with Goodwillie not involved it wasn't as bad as I feared. It was good at least being able to get behind the 11 players in the pitch. Something that might be a bit harder in the coming weeks. 

McGlynn was booed at the start and end of the match (there was also some applause) and there were a few disgruntled moans from the crowd but that was it. There is no doubt his halo has well and truly slipped though. I'm not sure who was in the director's box but obviously Sim wasn't there. 

I'm sure things will be a bit more unpleasant when Goodwillie makes an appearance. 

Can’t really believe that we somehow scored 3 goals and got a point out of that. Comprehensively outplayed and Raith should have won that with something to spare. Our defending was woeful - conceding chance after chance but thankfully Rae had a superb match. 

I said on Saturday that I thought O’Connor was out of his depth and he had a stinker tonight. His positional play is terrible, mistimes tackles and his distribution is dreadful. His first half partnership with East was so poor that Johnston had to sacrifice Gibson and bring him into a back 3. That meant that our midfield creativity was non existent and Raith were running through us at will.

Cant believe that McGrory can’t get a game or even an appearance as sub. Worrying that Johnston has only seen 45 minutes of Folarin and thinks he isn’t good enough. Isiah Jones was inferring that we had made a good signing but if he can’t get a game here with the lack of attacking quality that we have then from his perspective that is very worrying.

Grateful to get an undeserved point but we were swamped and it was a travesty. 

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Can’t really believe that we somehow scored 3 goals and got a point out of that. Comprehensively outplayed and Raith should have won that with something to spare. Our defending was woeful - conceding chance after chance but thankfully Rae had a superb match. 

I said on Saturday that I thought O’Connor was out of his depth and he had a stinker tonight. His positional play is terrible, mistimes tackles and his distribution is dreadful. His first half partnership with East was so poor that Johnston had to sacrifice Gibson and bring him into a back 3. That meant that our midfield creativity was non existent and Raith were running through us at will.

Cant believe that McGrory can’t get a game or even an appearance as sub. Worrying that Johnston has only seen 45 minutes of Folarin and thinks he isn’t good enough. Isiah Jones was inferring that we had made a good signing but if he can’t get a game here with the lack of attacking quality that we have then from his perspective that is very worrying.

Grateful to get an undeserved point but we were swamped and it was a travesty. 

I have to say I thought Folarin was just awful on Saturday and was rightly hooked at HT. He looked absolutley lost. Felt sorry for him in all honesty. 

That's not to say he doesn't have something to offer of course. Time will tell. 

Agree we are just awful defensively. It's not a new thing of course but it does seem to have declined from a very low bar.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Ah well. Another game where we should've won but couldn't defend a lead. 

The 3rd goal was a ridiculous strike but in reality we could and should have scored 5 or 6.

Playing Benedictus and Frankie as a pairing was almost as mental as signing Goodwillie.

I was kind of dreading the match tonight but with Goodwillie not involved it wasn't as bad as I feared. It was good at least being able to get behind the 11 players in the pitch. Something that might be a bit harder in the coming weeks. 

McGlynn was booed at the start and end of the match (there was also some applause) and there were a few disgruntled moans from the crowd but that was it. There is no doubt his halo has well and truly slipped though. I'm not sure who was in the director's box but obviously Sim wasn't there. 

I'm sure things will be a bit more unpleasant when Goodwillie makes an appearance. 

Agree with this. A 3-3 draw always suggests the strikers did their jobs and the defenders let the side down. That’s partly true, 3 goals at home to the bottom side should clearly be enough to win but we created plenty chances throughout the game and really should have had 5/6.

However, the defending was horrendous. No idea what has happened to Musonda but he is miles off it. Bene hasn’t been great but I thought he was miles better than Frankie tonight without being particularly good himself. Ideally Berra will be fit for the weekend. Berra and Lang is definitely our strongest pairing.

The game and rest of the season seems almost trivial in the context of the last 24 hours but that was definitely the best we have played in a while and something to work with going into Saturday. Like you, I am dreading when Goodwillie makes an appearance, things will definitely turn nasty. Already heard some young guy at the back shouting his name at the end of the game to get a reaction and it will turn poisonous with more people involved and tensions running high. 

Impressed with Connolly and Cameron for QOS. The latter had little quality service to work with but made the most every ball put forward in his general direction and bullied Musonda at times. Absolutely sensational strike for their third goal.

We done plenty right and certainly could have been out of sight but in crucial moments, again we have defended like schoolboys. Frustrating.

That strike to make it 3-3 though! Deserves an Andy Gray “take a bow son” Technique and movement generated on ball was something else

1 hour ago, Homer Thompson said:

Normally a point at Raith would be a decent result, especially when we were 2-0 and 3-2 down. But, watching how bad we are, especially defensively, its difficult to muster up any enthusiasm. 

Partick fans were absolutely spot on about Gordon, absolutely anonymous for 89 minutes then scores a worldy. Pretty depressing that we've brought in 3 players in the window and none look like they've improved the team.

I recall a game at firhill where Ian McCall brought on a couple of subs around the 70 min mark.

Reading the BBC report after the game and looking at match stats, line up etc I realised only then that Gordon had been playing from the start. Totally anonymous for 70 mins then subbed.

This is not uncommon