Raith v Queens

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The silence from the club is unbelievable considering you're supposed to have a game starting in just over 2 hours.

What strip you gonna wear since all the shirt sponsors want nothing to do with the club. 

Shirts v skins I think.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we have no available staff to run the stadium then we should forfeit. I’m led to believe McGlynn sanctioned the signing. Despite all you’ve done for the club John, please make your way to the exit. 

Dont think McGlynn would be solely responsible for sanctioning the signing

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If we have no available staff to run the stadium then we should forfeit. I’m led to believe McGlynn sanctioned the signing. Despite all you’ve done for the club John, please make your way to the exit. 

It’s not John McGlynn’s job to sanction signings. I hold him partly responsible but the bulk of the blame sits with the board and in particular John Sim in my opinion.

If the club went bankrupt because we spent miles over our budget on players, it would be Sim who would be held responsible, not McGlynn for requesting those players. Likewise with this signing, McGlynn should never have asked for Goodwillie but it’s board who have authorised and agreed to a signing which morally bankrupts us.

McGlynn has known Goodwillie on a personal level since he was 17/18 years old. His actions since that time which everyone is well aware should have stopped McGlynn ever asking to sign him but all it needed was the board to say no. They were given ample warning by the supporters and sponsors and went ahead anyway, which absolutely reeks of John Sim and his attitude towards others.

McGlynn’s job is to put together the best team he can on the budget he has available and I am sure he would have discussed the signing with key members of the squad. Maintain the core values of the club and acting on the wishes of the supporters is the responsibility of the board and they have failed miserably here. So blame on both sides but no way McGlynn takes the bulk for me.

59 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

no way McGlynn takes the bulk for me

I am sorry but it is almost fully on Mcglynn.  He is the one who has went to the board with the suggestion in the first place.  None of this happens if DG name doesn't get brought up

I don't post on here much, but like many other Raith Rovers fans I am disgusted and upset by what has happened in the last 24 hours, and won't be following the game tonight.

I know it's not the main issue at stake here, but I'd just like to acknowledge the Queen of the South fans who are just trying to follow their team and have found themselves caught up in something that is not in any way of their making; and the Queens players and staff who will be going out there tonight and trying to do a professional job under very trying conditions. Good luck for the relegation battle, and I hope I can see the Rovers taking on Queens at Starks or Palmerston under better circumstances in future.

17 minutes ago, The Stig said:

I am sorry but it is almost fully on Mcglynn.  He is the one who has went to the board with the suggestion in the first place.  None of this happens if DG name doesn't get brought up

But any competent board would have said no.

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

But any competent board would have said no.

Yes the board should have said "no f**king way" however McGlynn should of dismissed the notion of signing DG as soon as he thought of it because of this exact reaction.