Celtic v Rangers Wed 2nd February

6 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

O’riley

Hatate

Juranovic

Calmac

Taylor

all excellent tonight. Have I missed anyone? 

Big GG deserves a shout. He worked so hard and gave Goldson and Bassey all sorts of bother. He was just missing the goal to which you have to give some credit to McGregor for.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I think Jack dictated much of the second half when he came on. Granted, the game was done and Celtic were comfortable in seeing it out. Him and possibly Arfield the only 2 that I feel were worthy of any form of recognition. Even Mcgregor, despite his saves, was woeful in terms of his distribution.

Jack was ok when he came on but it was cruise control by then and when we took Hatate etc off it was just about saving legs for upcoming games. 

It’s a bad game which happens and we obviously were up for this tonight so it’s still way too early to say the balance of power has shifted fully however I’d be worried, you need a big result against Hearts and likewise us, tonight’s for nothing if we don’t put away Motherwell

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

@G51 see this buying more Japanese players because one happens to be good…

Poor process, innit? 

Its kinda like Morton in the 60's (under Hal Stewart) who brought Erik Sorensen to Cappielow.

Then Kaj Johannsen

Then Carl Bertelsen .....Borge Thorup......Preben Arentoft .. etc; etc; etc;

This was branded The Danish Invasion'.....and many other clubs followed suit. 

I’m struggling to give any Rangers player a pass mark bar McGregor who if not for 2 or 3 good saves the 1st half score would have been all levels of silly. 
Aribo looked as if he can’t be arsed, Kent was … was Kent on? Diallo [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Roofe may as well have been a corner flag and Tavernier was bringing back the banter years.
And the exact opposite of us, everyone turned up and I gave big GG it tight last week but he was a fucking pain in their arse constantly, worked like f**k and if not for McGregor could have had a couple, he done everything right. 

Aye, they were brutal all over the park to be fair.

Aribo rarely turns up for Old Firm games. I can only remember 1, the 4-1 game at Ibrox, where he wasn't poor.

Kent I don't think wants to be there. He's been poor, when he's been fit, every time I've seen him this season.

Dialo I said during the game was never a £40m player as long as he has a hole in his arse. Rabbit in the headlights tonight.

Roofe I feel for a bit. I know some Rangers fans disagree, but I don't think he's a 9 at all. He's better playing off a striker, which under Gerard was coming from left or right as an inside 10. GVB doesn't play that way so I expect, personally, he'll move on in the summer. I do think he's a good player, just doesn't fit the new system.

Tavernier is possibly one of the most over rated players I've ever seen in Scotland. I was ridiculed earlier in the season for pointing out his goals and assists numbers this year were akin to Ralston, but Ralston didn't take pens. For me, that's his level. OK, but makes stupid mistake defensively (like the third goal tonight, he has to pay attention and stop that throw cheaply going to Hatate). Juranovic and Ramsay are now the two best RB's in Scotland and I'm definitely one who thinks Rangers sold their best all round right back.

Kamara I thought was harsh taking off tonight, but having watched the highlights he's at fault directly or indirectly for 2 goals, so I can see that.

Goldson is another who's been there too long IMO.

Jack and Arfield for me the only two who come close to pass marks.

Celtic on the other hand, not a failure.

7 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Aribo rarely turns up for Old Firm games. I can only remember 1, the 4-1 game at Ibrox, where he wasn't poor.

Kent I don't think wants to be there. He's been poor, when he's been fit, every time I've seen him this season.

Dialo I said during the game was never a £40m player as long as he has a hole in his arse. Rabbit in the headlights tonight.

Roofe I feel for a bit. I know some Rangers fans disagree, but I don't think he's a 9 at all. He's better playing off a striker, which under Gerard was coming from left or right as an inside 10. GVB doesn't play that way so I expect, personally, he'll move on in the summer. I do think he's a good player, just doesn't fit the new system.

Tavernier is possibly one of the most over rated players I've ever seen in Scotland. I was ridiculed earlier in the season for pointing out his goals and assists numbers this year were akin to Ralston, but Ralston didn't take pens. For me, that's his level. OK, but makes stupid mistake defensively (like the third goal tonight, he has to pay attention and stop that throw cheaply going to Hatate). Juranovic and Ramsay are now the two best RB's in Scotland and I'm definitely one who thinks Rangers sold their best all round right back.

Kamara I thought was harsh taking off tonight, but having watched the highlights he's at fault directly or indirectly for 2 goals, so I can see that.

A few of them chucked it and even Ramsay if he was available wouldn’t have made much difference. 

I was pretty critical of Rangers signings as they are going for these big names but in areas they don’t really need to address. Ange has bought players to play in a system that fits his vision which tbf to Gerrard is what he done too. Gio is bringing in players to sell jerseys, I don’t see how Ramsay makes a difference in the areas Rangers need a difference maker.

Souttar in that team tonight makes a difference. Celtic still win but he still makes a difference 

I would loved for us to put 5 or 6 past them however we have a lot of hard games coming up so dropping the tempo and taking the likes of Hatate and O’Reily off makes sense. 

Question now is can Rogic and Turnbull get back in this team and Hatate is a starter all day every day if fit. What a footballer this wee guy is

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

There was a time  (after a score-line like tonights) when some OF fans would revert to the die-hard slogan (and this applies to both ).....

"They dont understand this game.....they dont understand what it means to play for the jersey!" Now given both teams field more foreign players than home grown.......I doubt this sentiment still applies ...............but?     Thoughts?

There was a time  (after a score-line like tonights) when some OF fans would revert to the die-hard slogan (and this applies to both ).....
"They dont understand this game.....they dont understand what it means to play for the jersey!" Now given both teams field more foreign players than home grown.......I doubt this sentiment still applies ...............but?     Thoughts?
I think that's always been a fans thing more than a players thing TBH. Certainly this century anyway.

You'll get the odd player who grew up a fan, or came through the youth setup or some such, but I genuinely think that to most footballers these days it's just a job and they care about their employer and their employers customers about as much as the rest of us do at our own jobs.

As much as we need to and making whatever noises are expected in order to keep getting paid.

7 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I think that's always been a fans thing more than a players thing TBH. Certainly this century anyway.

You'll get the odd player who grew up a fan, or came through the youth setup or some such, but I genuinely think that to most footballers these days it's just a job and they care about their employer and their employers customers about as much as the rest of us do at our own jobs.

As much as we need to and making whatever noises are expected in order to keep getting paid.

Well of course its a fans thing...thats why I posted it....and you're probably right.

I do find..however..your comment "its just a job" a tad deflating?

Well of course its a fans thing...thats why I posted it....and you're probably right.
I do find..however..your comment "its just a job" a tad deflating?
Individual perception is an individual's reality, is the unfortunate truth of life.

As much as us plebs would see footballer as some sort of dream job, if it's all you've ever done for work and it's been your actual job rather than your pastime then it's likely you just think of it same as anyone else does their job. If we were in it, we'd probably see it the same way.

Think it's pretty unfair to think footballers would be any different to the rest of us in that regard.

30 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

I think big Moussa gets it 😂