Hibs v Livi - 29/01/22

You honestly couldn't tell Hibs were a goal down with 5 minutes to go. So slow, so laborious and didn't seem to give a f**k.

Maloney another manager that seems to favour passing percentage rather than results by the look of that.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Omeonga was incredible again. The guy is a kleptomaniac when a football is concerned!

The second an opposition player sees him coming they panic, another second and he's got the ball off them. Keeps it so well too, twisting and turning players inside out giving him plenty space to pass it. Gets better with each game too,  I'd just give him our PoTY right now.

Very shite in all honesty, schoolyard goals to concede and I am very worried about a manager who, clean slate or not, thinks bringing Murphy and Scott onto the pitch is a good idea. Rocky looks a bit of a bombscare and I can't believe we didn't have someone more fitting to man mark Nouble from throw ins etc rather than let him bully wee Lewis. Equally worrying were multiple occasions where the livi keeper kicked out and we ended up conceding a throw deep in our own half through absolutely awful defending.

Fair play Martindale because they were clearly sent out in the second half to make the most of our very obvious shortcomings. 

Still #TrustingTheProcess, particularly in the first half could see what we were trying to do. Tactically, seemed to be uncertain what was expected from the players off Doidge, weren't involved enough at all. This needs fixed rapid if we're going to create decent chances. 

I was never a massive fan of omeonga in his time at Hibs but he showed the biggest glaring hole personnel wise we have today, which has been a problem since we lost him and Docherty imo. Campbell and Doyle-Hayes were frankly pathetic by comparison. We desperately need someone in his mould in the midfield, I am very worried about them/Newall going up against Devlin/Beningame/Haring.

A lot of criticism of Nisbet around us today but frankly he linked far better than any of our other forwards and any chances he had he either made himself or chased a break of the ball. Can't do it all himself. Mueller looked pretty handy when he came on too but a bit loose at times.

In positives Mitchell looked very positive if a bit clumsy, and I don't recall seeing a referee get overridden like that for a big decision in a while which was fun.

I think there's far more evidence that Maloney has a plan/style he's trying to impose than Ross ever suggested, but there are some glaring weaknesses that need fixed pretty much immediately.