Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

😂

Its true, its an absolute fucking sitter. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he takes his eyes of the ball to see if he can make contact with someone, hes absolutely obsessed with winning fouls.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No idea why folk are criticising Davidson tbh.

We were ahead, Aberdeen were creating nothing and we were quite happily letting them pass their way up the park, do f**k all with it, and the counter on them.

That ends 1-0 to us and everyone is delighted if the ref does his job. 

Aye, it would’ve been 2-1 to Aberdeen as he bottled giving the penalty on Ferguson.

And 4 minutes injury time? Pffft… try at least 6. 
Loads of subs, Santa players killing the game feigning injury & general time wasting. 

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Davidson will point to another very soft decision again in a second half that we didn't look like conceding in but I don't think you can just surrender as an attacking force the way we did once Hendry went off. It's not a ringing endorsement of the two new strikers on the bench he brought on May and left a clearly fucked Middleton - who put in a real shift but barely touched the ball the last half hour - on till the end. The lack of midfield legs is a real worry with Craig at 50 still looking more energetic than Crawford and Butterfield. We've signed 18 players this season and they're all either dreadful, injured or complete distrusted by Davidson. I genuinely can't believe we're still at a point where May and Craig are our changes after that many signings. And why is Crawford left the highest player most of that second half with Middleton doing his defensive work?

Pluses are the back three played well especially once they sorted out Ramirez peeling off Gordon and we were a threat during the first half.

Clark and Hendry being out long term would feel like the death knell on this season.

100% agree on the subs. When Aberdeen are playing Brown/Ferguson and a yellow carded Bates at CB we need to challenge them physically. May was never going to do that. Lots of long balls with no chance of getting it under control. Bair for Middleton for the last 15 would have been more than justified.

3 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

And why is Crawford left the highest player most of that second half with Middleton doing his defensive work?

He does this all the time once Crawford tires. Sticks him almost as the central strikers and makes others work their c***s in rather than just subbing the guy off.

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye, it would’ve been 2-1 to Aberdeen as he bottled giving the penalty on Ferguson.

You're surely not serious about the Ferguson penalty? He gets an unchallenged header from 3 yards m8.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its true, its an absolute fucking sitter. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he takes his eyes of the ball to see if he can make contact with someone, hes absolutely obsessed with winning fouls.

Lets see some stats on it.

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

And 4 minutes injury time? Pffft… try at least 6. 
Loads of subs, Santa players killing the game feigning injury & general time wasting. 

Ho ho ho

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We were ahead, Aberdeen were creating nothing and we were quite happily letting them pass their way up the park, do f**k all with it, and the counter on them.

People are criticising Davidson for not trying to win that game. It's become a cliche: we go ahead then sit back and increasingly nervously defend, allowing our opponents to build up a head of steam. We were desperately lucky to escape with a point there. Seen worse penalties given too, but I'm sure that will be Davidson's whiny narrative again.

8 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I'd be hugely concerned if your team wasnt better than an injury ravaged ghost oufit in blue tonight.

Behave. Dons have a few out too. 

Dons without Considine, McCrorie, then Gallagher & Brown going off injured with Ferguson playing centre half (very well as it happened) 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He does this all the time once Crawford tires. Sticks him almost as the central strikers and makes others work their c***s in rather than just subbing the guy off.

You're surely not serious about the Ferguson penalty? He gets an unchallenged header from 3 yards m8.

Maybe clutching - only saw it once on a tablet. 
Need to see it again. 

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

People are criticising Davidson for not trying to win that game. It's become a cliche: we go ahead then sit back and increasingly nervously defend, allowing our opponents to build up a head of steam. 

We dropped off as Aberdeen upped their tempo and committed more men forwards. Allowing them to do that opened space for the counter. Theres more ways to go for a second goal than simply piling strikers on the park.

His mistake was May for Hendry. We lost a sticking point up front for when we countered and it made us look disjointed. Tactically I don't think theres any problem with trying to suck teams in when they're desperate, and Aberdeen were really desperate.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yip. If the ref had done his job, we take a 1-0 win and it would have looked like a great result and defensive performance. Concern is that when we do go behind, we always look rattled and only the livi game did we look like we had belief.

A point is not quite what we need, but it is not a bad return. One defeat in 5 is a marked improvement on where we were, but we need to be converting some of these draws into wins. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And I’d also need to see the Dons disallowed goal again with a better angle.

Not 100% Ramirez was off when the ball was played. He was clearly when it arrived at him, but was it when it was played through? 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

Not 100% Ramirez was off when the ball was played. He was clearly when it arrived at him, but was it when it was played through? 

Not a clue on that tbh, didn't get a decent camera angle at all.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You do realise you were "pouring forward" because we had zero fear of you actually creating anything and just wanted space left for counters, dont you?

Like you didn't have us pinned back due to the incredible ability in your squad. The fact we couldn't take advantage was pretty much entirely because Middleton was fucked about an hour and after May came on we were effectively playing without a strikeforce, seeing as the manager is still scared of strikers who don't defend at all costs.

If that was Aberdeen playing well then you'll remain rooted in the bottom half.

I never said we played well. I said we were easily the better team.

That was as poor a team as I've ever seen the Saintees take to Pittodrie. We're an absolute gang and your manager is delighted with a point.

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

I think it would have been offside on the follow up. Ramirez right in front of the ‘keeper and obstructing him.