Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

A club that still lives in 1983 joining in a discussion in 2022 is more than mildly amusing. 

I actually sometimes still think of 1983 (who'd have thought it?) and feeling sorry for that plucky wee team called St Johnstone that I think I was seeing for the first time as the top flight was not regular for you in those days.  Unfortunately only seven years later I would witness a reversal of this scoreline in your then shiny new stadium.

image.png.feedf3b0e0dcd5dd2060ad53c3b33879.png

As for last night's game - in the cold light of day, probably a good point given the circumstances and not everything was bad about the display. Hopefully Barry got an idea who he can count on and otherwise.

St Johnstone were very St Johnstone - if they had been more ambitious rather than sitting on the lead, I think they could have picked us off at will with that first half defensive set up.

I think Brown can be ruled out of making any future meaningful contribution - albeit he was fairly selective in when he bothered doing that anyway.

Montgomery wasn't completely terrible when he came on, after his aberration at the weekend.

Edited by tarapoa

12 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I really don't like this growing narrative, led by our manager, that we're unlucky. Yes, some decisions have gone against us, but take that away for the moment. Who can deny we're bottom of the league because we – alongside Dundee – are by some distance the worst teams in the league? We deserve to be 

We're in danger of sounding like Hearts fans in the spring of 2020. 

You're nowhere near the comedic brilliance of those Hearts fans yet. 

25 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I really don't like this growing narrative, led by our manager, that we're unlucky. Yes, some decisions have gone against us, but take that away for the moment. Who can deny we're bottom of the league because we – alongside Dundee – are by some distance the worst teams in the league? We deserve to be 

You've more than 8 games to go, though...

43 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Depends what you mean by "team". 

A full strength St Johnstone team that plays to its strengths isn't the worst team in the league. Considering the way we play, when we're on a bad run of form we look really bad. 

However, the injury list: Ciftci, Bryson, Rooney, Wotherspoon, MOH, Kucheriavyi, MacPherson, Kane, Booth, Clark and Hendry. 

Ciftci, Rooney and Wotherspoon alone could make a huge difference, if for no other reason then it means Brown doesn't play out of position and Crawford and May don't play. 

Clark 

Cleary   Gordon   McCart   

Rooney                                              Booth

Sang   Hallberg   Wotherspoon  

Hendry           Ciftci

If we had the team above at our disposal, and we removed Davidson's insane substitutions, tactical incompetence and "pull up the drawbridge whenever we take the lead" philosophy from the mix, I'd be confident of an 8th or 7th place finish, possibly higher.

Seven of those players won't play against Hearts (I think Hallberg is also an injury doubt). 

17 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Depends what you mean by "team". 

A full strength St Johnstone team that plays to its strengths isn't the worst team in the league. Considering the way we play, when we're on a bad run of form we look really bad. 

I know the players are ok, but we had a near full-strength side at the start of the season and we were awful then. I don't think we won a domestic game until McCann and Kerr had gone for example. The way we play has had a huge influence. It's so timid and so cautious that you could put any player in our starting eleven and we'd look poor.

To me, we look like we haven't tactically changed anything as we've sunk down the league.

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I know the players are ok, but we had a near full-strength side at the start of the season and we were awful then. I don't think we won a domestic game until McCann and Kerr had gone for example. The way we play has had a huge influence. It's so timid and so cautious that you could put any player in our starting eleven and we'd look poor.

To me, we look like we haven't tactically changed anything as we've sunk down the league.

I genuinely think we just had a bad run of form, as per the season previous. I also think we lacked an attacking outlet and stability in midfield (McCann was a huge loss). 

Ciftci, Hendry and Hallberg are important additions. I appreciate Hendry isn't an addition, but considering our previous options he certainly feels like one—he should never have been sent out on loan. 

13 hours ago, Sainthearted said:

Don't comment on things you know nothing about.

If you knew anything about this situation, or what Saints fans have been doing since the end of the transfer window before last, you wouldn't have made that statement. 

Maybe needs to change his name to IDoNotKnowThisOneButI'llTalkAboutItAnyway

Just watched the RedTV highlights and seen some things I hadn't appreciated at the match - that could and should have been a 3-0 home win.

The funny-running sevconian chipmunk-heid barged into Hayes for the build up to the first goal. Jonny maybe needs to be smarter and stronger, but most refs call that a free kick - no goal.

From the main camera, the penalty looked a foul outside the box, but then a dive from Calvin - however, on the replay camera from behind the goal you can see a second motion from the St Johnstone defender and that's what knocked him over - penalty.

Ramirez didn't seem offside when the ball was played for the close range thing and wasn't directly in the keeper's way when Besuijen then smashed it in - goal.

Ferguson got a nudge in the back that caused him to mess up the point blank header the end - penalty (or goal if it hadn't happened).

Verdict - f**k the SFA  (yours red tinted specs) 

21 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Just watched the RedTV highlights and seen some things I hadn't appreciated at the match - that could and should have been a 3-0 home win.

The funny-running sevconian chipmunk-heid barged into Hayes for the build up to the first goal. Jonny maybe needs to be smarter and stronger, but most refs call that a free kick - no goal.

From the main camera, the penalty looked a foul outside the box, but then a dive from Calvin - however, on the replay camera from behind the goal you can see a second motion from the St Johnstone defender and that's what knocked him over - penalty.

Ramirez didn't seem offside when the ball was played for the close range thing and wasn't directly in the keeper's way when Besuijen then smashed it in - goal.

Ferguson got a nudge in the back that caused him to mess up the point blank header the end - penalty (or goal if it hadn't happened).

Wholeheartedly agree, now let's close the thread before any turnip shaggers reply.

35 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Can't agree on Hayes, it was shoulder to shoulder and there was no push or trip. 

Definitely how i saw the penalty and i'm surprised how adamant the fermers are about it. 

Looking at that penalty again, he didn't even touch him in the box. 

Absolute howler of an award. 

Here's the exact moment from the best angle (I've linked to the relevant point): 

Look at the penalty conceded against St Mirren. Again, absolute joke (I've linked to the relevant point in the video): 

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Blatant and shameless lie. 

Look at the video above. He didn't even connect with him in the box. 

Just now, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

You're actually making me think more and more it's a pen. 

He's had two goes and failed to get the ball twice, it's certainly not a dive from Ramsay as he's been knocked well off balance. 

Thankfully I don't care what you think (you're permanently on the wind), I care about objective evidence. 

3 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

If you're looking at objective evidence, Ramsay is actively trying to stay on his feet. 

But like I said. Just you enjoy the champo. 

And like I said to you, there's no reason to listen to anything you say because you're permanently on the wind ("enjoy the champo" 🙄). 

Ramsay is a diver and a cheat. I kind of miss the days when footballers still believed in fair play and wouldn't try and pull something like this in the first place. 

It's all the worse now that fans actively encourage it (eg, "playing for the foul"). 

Edited by Sainthearted

14 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Looking at that penalty again, he didn't even touch him in the box. 

Absolute howler of an award. 

Here's the exact moment from the best angle (I've linked to the relevant point): 

Look at the penalty conceded against St Mirren. Again, absolute joke (I've linked to the relevant point in the video): 

He definitely clipped Ramsay's leg in the box. I thought the argument would be that he'd got the ball first as that's less clear. If you can’t see the contact there then you're in cloud cuckoo land. 

Just now, coprolite said:

He definitely clipped Ramsay's leg in the box. I thought the argument would be that he'd got the ball first as that's less clear. If you can’t see the contact there then you're in cloud cuckoo land. 

Absolute bullshit. The video evidence is there for anyone to see, particularly anyone without a huge incentive to make-believe otherwise. 

Even neutrals in the comment section of that video are calling the award nonsense.