Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1

Even themselves out relative to what exactly? 

About 7 or 8 scandalous game changing decisions that have gone against us this season? Half of them unsurprisingly against two Glasgow clubs.

I could list them, but before tonight the only biggie I think went for us was the Jenks handball control at Perth.

4 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Even themselves out relative to what exactly? 

Our last game when your guy controlled the ball with his hand immediately before firing in the winner? You've stolen three points from us in two games; you're in no position to be talking about things "evening themselves out". 

There are other teams in the league you numbskull.

We've been on the end of some absolute howlers. Much more egregious shit than a clearly accidental (but fortunate) handball and tonight's pen that looked a pen in real time. 

47 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Away from refs/injuries - the best way for Saints to combat these issues would be to actually go and try and kill of a game when we have a lead. Two games in the bounce we’ve been ahead and only taken one point. Two games in a row the game was there to be won and we’ve chosen to sit in and been undone - albeit both times by highly dubious penalties.

Leaving Middleton and Crawford on alongside May and shelling it long for half an hour was criminal. Surely that was exactly the situation Bair - an absolute unit of a guy - was brought in for?

I can't help but feel that Davidson's tactics are to protect himself and to avoid getting the sack - rather than being ambitious, playing to win and avoiding relegation.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

About 7 or 8 scandalous game changing decisions that have gone against us this season? Half of them unsurprisingly against two Glasgow clubs.

I could list them, but before tonight the only biggie I think went for us was the Jenks handball control at Perth.

Hence why your fans should save the "evening themselves out" patter for fans of teams you haven't robbed points from across successive games. 

4 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Again blaming the refs. 

I guess maybe I would do if it were as desperate as it seems for you guys. 

With the budget you have, it was never going to last forever. You'll be back in the top flight soon enough, and you always have those memories of last season, sitting in your living rooms watching the cups be raised aloft. 

You'll be going down because of a daft chairman, and a tactically stubborn manager. That's it. No ifs. No buts. 

Well, of course you're going to say this. 

You support the side that stole three points from us across successive matches due to atrocious refereeing decisions.

If it weren't for those acts of incompetence, we wouldn't be bottom of the league. That's an objective fact. 

2 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Well, of course you're going to say this. 

You support the side that stole three points from us across successive matches due to atrocious refereeing decisions.

If it weren't for those acts of incompetence, we wouldn't be bottom of the league. That's an objective fact. 

Are you suggesting Dundee and County haven't been on the end of "acts of incompetence"?

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There are other teams in the league you numbskull.

We've been on the end of some absolute howlers. Much more egregious shit than a clearly accidental (but fortunate) handball and tonight's pen that looked a pen in real time. 

Right, but you're in no position to be talking about things "evening themselves out" in the midst of a thread about a match against a team you've stolen three points from across successive matches. 

Want to talk about this? Talk to fans of teams you haven't stolen points from. We're the fans who are currently sitting bottom of the league but wouldn't be sitting bottom of the league if it weren't for your luck (ie, the incompetence of referees). 

Watching an Aberdeen fan complain to a St Johnstone fan that they've been on the receiving end of poor refereeing decisions is like complaining to a homeless person that your gold shoes are too tight. 

As far as our head-to-head record is concerned, you've had ALL the luck. 

Edited by Sainthearted

3 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Right, but you're in no position to be talking about things "evening themselves out" in the midst of a thread about a match against a team you've stolen three points from across successive matches. 

Want to talk about this? Talk to fans of teams you haven't stolen points from. We're the fans who are currently sitting bottom of the league but wouldn't be sitting bottom of the league if it weren't for your luck (ie, the incompetence of referees). 

cry-baby-sad.gif.5e3739c8a7e9461cdac9af93d48357b0.gif

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

And I’d also need to see the Dons disallowed goal again with a better angle.

Not 100% Ramirez was off when the ball was played. He was clearly when it arrived at him, but was it when it was played through? 

Looked offside from where I was sat, but no doubt a replay will prove me wrong

Just now, Menzel said:

Thought it was a correct penalty at the time but after reading this thread I hope it was a dive.

Nice to see Aberdeen fans have about as much sense of fair play as your average St Mirren fan. 

Very little point taking the word of wilful cheaters on anything, which is why I should probably take all of their claims to equally poor refereeing decisions with a pinch of salt. 

I haven't read any of the post match comments but my thoughts are:

Montgomery and the Dutch lad did well after they came on.

Hopefully Broon is out for the season and he never wears an Aberdeen shirt again. Not only is he an arse but he's part of the problem in my opinion with regards our form.

McKenzie isn't good enough

Gallagher should never play for Aberdeen again. The worst 45 minutes for Aberdeen I can remember since Jerel Ifil against Raith Rovers* in the Cup replay, although Ifil probably edges it.

Ferguson played a lot better once that twat Broon left the pitch.

First half was horrendous but I enjoyed the second-half after Broon got injured.

My wish is for Joe Lewis to be reinstated as team captain.

*Although, I'm forgetting about Paul Hartley's contribution to the game that shouldn't be mentioned. That tops both Ifil and Gallagher.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Well that was shit. Saved by a penalty that until I see it again I'll file under 'usually the kind of soft shit given to the old firm when they need it'.

I hope I'm wrong. 

As for the game, can Scott Brown f**k off and never play for my team again. Can our management make some sort of midfield out of the myriad of midfielders we have at our disposal.

And finally, can any of our players pretend to give a f**k about the club?

10 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Pish poor patter. 

Instead of resorting to playground level psychological manoeuvers ("you're crying!" 🙄), why not address the point? 

Ah, that's right, you can't. You don't have one. 

The point is that you got all defensive about a comment that had nothing to do with your team and have gone on to escalate and make a bit of a tit of yourself. 

Drink plenty of water before bed, that's my advice. 

8 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Nice to see Aberdeen fans have about as much sense of fair play as your average St Mirren fan. 

Very little point taking the word of wilful cheaters on anything, which is why I should probably take all of their claims to equally poor refereeing decisions with a pinch of salt. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Lewis Ferguson laughs off bizarre Serie A loan links as Aberdeen midfielder  claims full focus on Dons - Football Scotland

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

As for the game, can Scott Brown f**k off and never play for my team again.

Correct...

...although you're being a bit harsh on the final 25-30 minutes after the aforementioned p***k left the field. I like the attitude of both Besuijen and Montogomery.