Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Isn’t that the point though? We didn’t have any fear when Aberdeen had the ball because it was evident from early on that the quality of final ball/forward pass wasn’t there?

You'll find no argument from me about our style of play. We’ve been ultra low scorers for two seasons now and the manager doesn’t seem to see it as an issue.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hilarious. I didn't say Dundee played brilliantly. I said they weren't as negative as you boys. 

Yes, and they lost, so what exactly is your point?

That you enjoy watching opposition sides more when you beat them? 

Hopefully Callum Davidson is reading so he knows to just lie down next time and let us get pumped, so you can talk about how great we are.

"ST JOHNSTONE ARE THE WORST SIDE IVE EVER SEEN!!!!" while simultaneously demanding we completely open up and try and play through Aberdeen. Great stuff.

All those points are fair enough - but given what’s happened in our last three games with massive decisions going against us and costing us points - possibly enough to take us out of the bottom two across those three games - I think we’re entitled to be a bit upset with it just now.

Again, there are massive questions to be asked of the manager. His tactical inflexibility, substitutions and continued reliance on the likes of Brown and Crawford are costing us massively. We don’t score enough - even though we have the players there to play a more expansive system - and retreat into our shells far too early far too often. But three games in a row the entire match has turned on decisions against us that have ranged from highly dubious to outright black and white wrong.

I actually feel sorry for you if this is what you're holding on to. 

You aren't going to do well in any league if you can't score goals. 

Scottish refs in general are terrible and every non OF team will claim they could've had X amount of points if key decisions went their way. 

When the Saintees go down, it'll be nothing to do with refs. It's because they aren't good. You sold your two best players in the summer, who you'd never be able to replace. Your manager clearly is a one trick pony with no other ideas on how to get points in this league. 

You should be asking your chairman why he sold both of them so late in a window. And asking your manager why he's unable to adapt tactically. 

This is accurate.

6 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

You should be asking your chairman why he sold both of them so late in a window. And asking your manager why he's unable to adapt tactically. 

Literally every Saints fan has been doing exactly this since about October m8.

Thanks for the advice though, nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Don't comment on things you know nothing about.

If you knew anything about this situation, or what Saints fans have been doing since the end of the transfer window before last, you wouldn't have made that statement. 

Groundhog day. All the ball, f**k all end product.

pros

• Robson's pre match "we are Aberdeen"
  • Barron

cons:

• Montgomery
  • Having to watch the fermers
  • MacKenzie

Time for a cuppa and try and get the feeling back in my toes and settle in for the night of reading how shit we are for attempting to play football and how great these counter attacking diddy teams are after we gift them goals. Again.

😘

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, and they lost, so what exactly is your point?

That you enjoy watching opposition sides more when you beat them? 

Hopefully Callum Davidson is reading so he knows to just lie down next time and let us get pumped, so you can talk about how great we are.

"ST JOHNSTONE ARE THE WORST SIDE IVE EVER SEEN!!!!" while simultaneously demanding we completely open up and try and play through Aberdeen. Great stuff.

You're struggling tonight pal. I haven't said you should have opened up. St Mirren tried that in December. Told their fans I enjoyed the game but it was naive as f**k. I said it was as negative a Saintees performance as I can ever remember seeing.

Certainly not a counter attacking machine like Tommy Wright used to bring north.

This was all in reply to you taking offence at me suggesting we were easily the better team tonight.

That rcb is a cracking find by the way. A soft as shite 6ft plus giant is what you need in a relegation battle. Won every header, I'll give him that but falls to the floor after every tackle. Should have cost you prior to extra time against Kelty and you're lucky it didn't cost you again tonight.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Certainly not a counter attacking machine like Tommy Wright used to bring north.

Well this is the point 😂

This is the shittest Saints side in a decade, with dross like Crawford floating about and absolutely no width.

Sitting in and trying to counter is literally all we have, so we play that way, and tonight we played it well. The idea Aberdeen were "miles the better side" while stumbling to a 1-1 draw with a shite side who comfortably held them at arms length for most of the match is just weird and just reeks of the "we played 200 more passes so deserved to win the game" pish we've been getting for absolute years on here.

Theres more than one way to win a game.

49 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Aye, I'm sure we were feigning injury and time wasting in a must-win game against a team who didn't need the victory as much as we did. Honestly, the thickness and delusion of football fans is baffling at times.

I have functioning eyes.

You made zero attempt to win the game in the last 20 minutes. 

If we did get on the right end of a dodgy penalty decision then it's about time. Still another 2 or three to go before these things even themselves out. 

Only three points off Europe but that feels like a big ask while we still can't break down a defence. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well this is the point 😂

This is the shittest Saints side in a decade, with dross like Crawford floating about and absolutely no width.

Sitting in and trying to counter is literally all we have, so we play that way, and tonight we played it well. The idea Aberdeen were "miles the better side" while stumbling to a 1-1 draw with a shite side who comfortably held them at arms length for most of the match is just weird and just reeks of the "we played 200 more passes so deserved to win the game" pish we've been getting for absolute years on here.

There was no countering of note until Ramsay played a poor pass. Middleton broke with no-one in a blue shirt within twenty yards of him. Other than that it was long balls to Hendry, or long balls to the corner for May to 'press'.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well this is the point 😂

It really is tedious. 

It reminds me of this guy we used to speak to in the pub before matches who'd rely exclusively on possession stats to try and "predict" who'd win any given game. 

Needless to say, he'd make the same comments every other week and his fortunes never improved. Unfortunately, the same redundant possession/shots mentality pervades football forums too. 

All of this said, Davidson is still rubbish tactically. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If we did get on the right end of a dodgy penalty decision then it's about time. Still another 2 or three to go before these things even themselves out. 

Only three points off Europe but that feels like a big ask while we still can't break down a defence. 

Even themselves out relative to what exactly? 

Our last game when your guy controlled the ball with his hand immediately before firing in the winner? You've stolen three points from us in two games; you're in no position to be talking about things "evening themselves out".