Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1

25 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Not that much interest on this game with Aberdeen fans. This is now becoming must win games if we still want to qualify for Europe. Home form hasn't been too bad and lets hope that continues tonight. I hope Joe Lewis is back for this as Woods is a bomb scare. 

I know we're only four points off fourth and that all the teams above us will probably have a shite run of results before the end of the season but i just can't see us getting Europe.

A big win tonight might give us some confidence. Just can't see where it's coming from though. 

Fortunately the johnnies are shite and largely out injured so i don't see us getting a tanking either. 

Three goals in the last 5 games between the sides.  

Expecting a narrow win, hopefully for us. 

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

bbc reporting MacPherson out for 5 games. Apparently we are also without Cifti and Kane. No mention at all of Wotherspoon, Rooney or Bryson so they’re obviously all fit to start!

Courier have Ciftci down as having a chance of being in the squad tonight, along with O’Halloran 

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Come on Barry Robson's Dons.

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Disagree here. Seen zero from MacPherson that comes close to him being worth a permanent and paid for transfer.

He has been pretty average up until now but the guy definitely has something about him...I may be wrong but I do think that we will see the best of him playing with players such as Ciftci 

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

McPherson brought that ball down dead against Hearts.....

I think that's all I've got.

He knocked the ball between 2 United players, and then ran past them to get the ball...... that's all I can add.

It's a big insult I know, but Ali Crawford probably adds more to the team, as he at least occassionally scores a goal.  

I don't think the likes of Sang or Bair can be judged on the St Mirren game alone - though that said I thought Sang did some decent stuff getting involved in linking the play going forward. It didn't help that he had Jordan Jones running at him going the other way. I'd be content with him starting again tonight.

Clark

Cleary Gordon McCart

Sang Butterfield Hallberg Booth

May

Hendry Ciftci

I suspect that's too baws out for us, and that Ciftci probably isn't fit enough to start, and that Davidson will probably never go for May playing the Crawford role. But seriously, get Crawford right to f**k.

Clark
Cleary Mahon McCart
MOH Booth
Gilmour Butterfield
Hallberg
Hendry Bair

For me.

EDIT: thought process behind it is that even if MOH isn’t that good these days coaches and defenders are still scared of his pace anyway - so they’ll likely double up on him, meaning Cleary will have more freedom to either overlap or offer a drop option to cross it in first time. I think Hendry and Bair could cause some chaos in the box from that set up. Hallberg told to go anywhere he wants, Butterfield to sit deep and Gilmour to hopefully offer more than the few other options we have for that position.

6 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Dependant on levels of fitness I would like to see MacPherson and Ciftci on together at some stage..They are both clever players and have a good touch.I reckon they would bring the best out of each other 

I don't mind MacPherson as much as many Saints fans, but I'm not sure he'd actually provide anything linking with Ciftci.

Like his play around the box generally always ends with him either giving the ball away or trying a 25 yard shot. Can't really remember him threading any through balls etc., into the box even when players have made runs for it.

The thought of watching us is so depressing. Like we might win this and we're better than we were a few months ago, but fucking hell you just now it won't be exciting from us.

Need big games from Crawford and Middleton since we've gone back to wing backs who struggle without help. I just can't see both stepping up tbh.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Callum Davidson expressing his personality through the St Johnstone starting 11 really isn't funny. Somebody spike my drink so I can't watch this. Please. 

I was behind a car with #BeMoreTam on the back window today.

I hope nobody follows that advice.