Aberdeen 1 (dodgy penalty) St Johnstone 1

9 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Yeah. Another that's regresses badly. Perhaps not as dramatically as McCart but still miles away from last season. Very disappointed.

You should be having a word with him Tam!

Too many mistakes when calmness is needed and too calm when aggression is needed. I think it all stems from the coaching staff tbh. Bunch of wet fuckibg blankets.

On 13/02/2022 at 19:24, tarapoa said:

Given Sat 12th March is now a free date for both clubs - why play this game on a Tuesday night when the likes of PSG v Real Madrid is on live?

Not that the CL makes any difference to me, but surely we should look to play matches on Saturdays if possible.

That should not even be an issue. 

Already dreading the drive back.

We've got more squad to chose from but not sure it actually helps, we seem to have recruited based largely on height. 

Think we'll need an extra body in the middle but much to choose from and every option comes with a lot of compromise. 

Thinking MOH as RWB as it could work with Cleary in an over/underlapping way like Rooney/Kerr. Expect it will be Brown but we need to roll the dice a bit IMO. Ditto Gallacher, and swap Middleton in for Butterfield for the same thinking, but we do seem to be a (slightly) better team with Butterfield on the park. 

Gordon out for Mahon is fair, think he's likely to manage Ramirez better on the little that we've seen.

Clark

MOH Cleary Mahon McCart Gallacher

Hallberg  Davidson  Butterfield

Hendry    May

24 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Gallacher shouldn't be anywhere near a starting jersey for Saints. MOH? Seriously? The boys a fraud, compounded by his shitebag appearance at kelty. Get him to f**k.

Think it's a toss-up between Gallacher and Booth. 

We don't seem to have a good option at RWB and Brown isn't winning us games, Sang was dreadful in Paisley. 

In all honestly it's tombola of average or below players and quite a few we just don't know enough about yet. Does it matter if the deckchairs on the titanic are arranged in a 5-3-2 or a 5-2-3?

The positive I'm taking from this is that it should be a better chance of taking 3 points than St Mirren was, so hopefully the determination that we saw at Livi can see us through. At least we've started to show a bit of attacking threat. 

I didn't think Sang was great in his 50 odd minute debut but I definitely didn't think he was awful. Throwing a half fit MOH in atrocious form into the side because he can maybe strike up a connection with Cleary but really all he does is sometimes run fast in straight lines, is some line of thought. The boys a charlatan of a footballer. 

Our wings are at their best when there's some form of interplay on them. Cleary has helped the right and Hallberg really improves it, so I'd like to see how Sang does with Hallberg in there too as he seems better on the ball than Brown.

Left side I dunno. We can't replace Wotherspoon so they needed someone who can be more individual than Booth.

I was disappointed in Sang but then again maybe expectations were too high based on all the chat about him being highly rated by Cardiff fans. Possibly me being unfair, contrasting with Bair who I thought just looked rusty even though some fans seemed keen to write him off as a dud. He was getting into decent positions and certainly didn't hide. 

In all honesty there's probably a dozen ways we could set up tonight. Suppose it's to be expected after the January window that we're back to not knowing our strongest 11 and outside Clark, Hallberg and probably Hendry (maybe Cleary) there's not really any nailed-on starters IMO. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our wings are at their best when there's some form of interplay on them. Cleary has helped the right and Hallberg really improves it, so I'd like to see how Sang does with Hallberg in there too as he seems better on the ball than Brown.

Left side I dunno. We can't replace Wotherspoon so they needed someone who can be more individual than Booth.

Dependant on levels of fitness I would like to see MacPherson and Ciftci on together at some stage..They are both clever players and have a good touch.I reckon they would bring the best out of each other 

Dependant on levels of fitness I would like to see MacPherson and Ciftci on together at some stage..They are both clever players and have a good touch.I reckon they would bring the best out of each other 

If I ever see Aldi McCann on the pitch again it’ll be too soon.

15 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Disagree here. Seen zero from MacPherson that comes close to him being worth a permanent and paid for transfer.

Not great for us that Aberdeen dismissed their manager at the weekend.  They were in terrible form and low in confidence, so you feel they can only improve, even with a temporary appointment. Fancied us to get something previously, but now it’s more of an unknown.

bbc reporting MacPherson out for 5 games. Apparently we are also without Cifti and Kane. No mention at all of Wotherspoon, Rooney or Bryson so they’re obviously all fit to start!