Petrie's Ponies vs The Rennie Express

Well that was a comfortable and pleasant afternoon..

1 wee!! blunder from Seagull but apart from that no problems. 

Thought there was a sniper on the roof of the stand the way Falkirk players went down.

Dowds did more greeting in 2nd half than a Xmas card. Surprised Ref put up with it.     Poor from Ref at times,very indecisive. 

Can't wait for SPs post match interview with Seagull getting  MOTM  given the way he feels about goalies. Flems reaction at full time just shows how much it means to us at the moment.  

Nice wee gap opening up to 5th place now with 13 games to go

thoroughly deserved win for montrose. Well organised,  skillful physical side. we deserved nothing from the game. The ref was truly awful, and my only gripe with montrose was the time wasting especially the one where we were in a rare attacking position in the second half Mo make a sub, and the game gets stopped, the sub is still sitting on the bench and doesn't even have a strip on! wtf? if refs let this stuff go football will never move forward. mo have no need to do this stuff easily better side.

on falkirk, thought we competed okay first half especially for a spell after we scored. however second half we were awful. Miller and mcguffie are poor. Miller way too slow now and mcguffie gave every throw in straight back to them which was infuriating, can we sort this in training? montrose gave every throw to their own player. amount of times it invited them onto us from their possession.  

positives for me were kebia (1st half only), Watson, Jacobs looked decent when he came on and no 30 and Williamson? the midfield is way too small and lightweight and overrun by a more powerful montrose. I think their is a spine of a team there but was left disappointed that we are still very much second fiddle in matches like this. 

rennie has a lot of work to do, he never got it right today

I had the sense that if Falkirk had stayed upright & stopped trying to ref the game they might have been more dangerous. 

Watson in particular kept chuntering in his ear and Dowds was one or two notches away from a total cranial explosion. An absolutely dreadful player.

The referee was appalling for both teams, granted. Some very baffling decisions. But his mescalin-influenced whistling seemed to bother Falkirk much more than it did Montrose.

Falkirk look decent on the ball but they are very soft and defensively an absolute laughing stock. 

We managed the second half pretty well and all the players put in another hard-working shift. There will be tougher afternoons than this ahead, however.

I had the sense that if Falkirk had stayed upright & stopped trying to ref the game they might have been more dangerous. 
Watson in particular kept chuntering in his ear and Dowds was one or two notches away from a total cranial explosion. An absolutely dreadful player.
The referee was appalling for both teams, granted. Some very baffling decisions. But his mescalin-influenced whistling seemed to bother Falkirk much more than it did Montrose.
Falkirk look decent on the ball but they are very soft and defensively an absolute laughing stock. 
We managed the second half pretty well and all the players put in another hard-working shift. There will be tougher afternoons than this ahead, however.

He awarded Falkirk 8 free-kicks, but Montrose 19.
Enough said.

Ref was hilariously bad today. Its no wonder they get a bad name in Scotland. Dunno why dowds was booked, he never once obstructed the keeper illegally, he got so much wrong, changin his mind mind free kick was a belter. All of that aside, I don't want to detract from an impressive Montrose. They just hounded our players for 90 mins. Constant pressing, that's how to beat us and was proven today. New keeper, someone to take telfers position, and a striker. Dowds has done f**k all the last 2 games. 

That was as comfortable an afternoon as I’ve seen in a long time.  Other than a 10-15min spell before Seagull did what Seagull does (makes a blinding save then chucks it into the net) we were better all over the park.  I was expecting a lot more from Falkirk but they were even worse than the last two games. Given we’ve been way below our normal level the last couple of games today was a pleasant surprise.  Blair is almost back to his best .. Gardyne showed he’s a class above .. big Aiden was immaculate and Cammy was Cammy .. best right back in the league by a mile. 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Ref was hilariously bad today. Its no wonder they get a bad name in Scotland. Dunno why dowds was booked, he never once obstructed the keeper illegally, he got so much wrong, changin his mind mind free kick was a belter. All of that aside, I don't want to detract from an impressive Montrose. They just hounded our players for 90 mins. Constant pressing, that's how to beat us and was proven today. New keeper, someone to take telfers position, and a striker. Dowds has done f**k all the last 2 games. 

That free kick incident was bizarre, he appeared to award Falkirk the free kick, book ballantyne then give the free kick to Montrose all at the same time. He’s been piss poor in all games I’ve seen his ‘officiate’ 

Defending for the two goals was utterly dreadful. First one the guys right footed show him down the bloody line for feck sake its basic stuff. Second one is Gary miller at his best failing to cut out the cross.  Dukla Pumpherston could score against that defence.

Long overdue win over Falkirk yesterday,been very close game's at LP between both sides but we strolled this one yesterday bossed them all over the park.

Don't like to single out one player as it was a great team performance but I thought Aidan Quinn was tremendous at the back,Gardyne getting better and better every game and where to do I start with Blair Lyons🤩🤩🤩

Well done to Montrose on the win, thoroughly deserved.

We seem to be fixing one bit at a time. First it was the defence, and now clearly our midfield is needing fixed next. A midfield 3 including Telfer and Nesbitt will get us nowhere. I’d still be pursuing Liam Craig if available and have him and Jacobs being solid and giving that defence more protection, whilst being able to take control of the game, keep the ball, and get good passes to our forward players.

It fell to shit yesterday when ATS had to come off and we opted for Gary Miller at LCB, rather than changing the system or bringing on Hall.

Referee was shocking for both teams, he didn’t affect the outcome of the game but wow. Some of those decisions for both teams were baffling.

We will continue to do just enough against Dumbarton, East Fife etc but nowhere near good enough for Cove, Airdrie, Montrose. Who knows about QP next week, massive game.

16 hours ago, watdeadlyone said:

Well that was a comfortable and pleasant afternoon..

1 wee!! blunder from Seagull but apart from that no problems. 

Thought there was a sniper on the roof of the stand the way Falkirk players went down.

Dowds did more greeting in 2nd half than a Xmas card. Surprised Ref put up with it.     Poor from Ref at times,very indecisive. 

Can't wait for SPs post match interview with Seagull getting  MOTM  given the way he feels about goalies. Flems reaction at full time just shows how much it means to us at the moment.  

Nice wee gap opening up to 5th place now with 13 games to go

You've got to be kidding ae? Did you see Lyons swan dive in the first half? People in glass houses and all that.