Petrie's Ponies vs The Rennie Express

Well somebody had to make a match thread.

Normally a good open game between the two teams. Feeling a bit more optimistic given we've signed a few defenders this week and hopefully we'll see a few more signings before this one as well. 

2-1 Falkirk with Dowds & Kabia scoring for us and Webster to get his obligatory goal against us.

Mutch
Williamson Watson Dixon ATS Mccann
Telfer New centre midfielder
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

Buzzing for the game (probably the first time I’ve said that this season). Great away day. 

Don’t think we’ll take anything from the game, Montrose were streets ahead of us last time we played, but expect a better battle in the wind 

Normally a good open game between the two teams. Feeling a bit more optimistic given we've signed a few defenders this week and hopefully we'll see a few more signings before this one as well. 
2-1 Falkirk with Dowds & Kabia scoring for us and Webster to get his obligatory goal against us.
Mutch
Morrison
Dowds Kabia
Can't see Dixon being ready for this one

9 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
55 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:
Mutch
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

Can't see Dixon being ready for this one

Rennie's said in the last two interviews as soon as his casts off he's good to go as he's still been training with the team. Given he played against Dunfermline in the bounce match I'd imagine his casts off so we should see him in the squad at least.

We were garbage last weekend, but won two nil simply due to Kabia. If we turn in anything remotely similar to that performance Montrose will absolutely hose us. Few new signings should help but I really can't see us winning. We need to start winning games but I don't think this is one of them. Score draw. 

Hopefully we take a good support up for this one.

If the OP's team is correct only McCann, Dixon, Telfer and Morrison will have survived from the 1-0 defeat to Montrose at TFS at the end of November, and also 4 players from the last game up at Montrose

Whilst catching Cove is definitely beyond us it would be nice to prepare for the play offs by not being completely hopeless and build up enough confidence to believe we can actually still get promoted.

Saturday should give us a better indication of how much we've improved and confirm what we still need to bring in before the end of the window

My first game since Arbroath away last season. 4 tickets booked and taking a friend from Sydney who flies in tonight. not sure he'll still be a friend when I swap his Bondai beach for a freezing (but at least sunny) Montrose. 

Looking forward to the game and seeing how the new guys do and some of the older ones under the new management team and set up. Montrose always well organised so hopefully a competitive match with goals.

4 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Should have plenty goals in this. Think we've scored 2 or more every time we've went to Links Park since we came down.

Get Dixon fired into the middle of the back 3 then Hall to the right. McKay can sit in the stand.

I'd play Watson. There's only one way that he's going to get match fit.

hopefully Lennox is fit as I'd be more confident with him in the sticks instead of Seagull.  Can't really predict the Mo starting X1, centre back pairings have been varied of late, or even played with 3.

Hopefully Terry Masson is back in the starting line up, will need his bite and drive I expect.

I predict a high scoring draw, hopefully Simpson and Gardyne get off the mark and can start finding the net regularly to cement a play off spot for the Mo

18 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

You can read into it two ways with Watson only playing 45 against the Fifers but hopefully it's the good way.

The above team is 7 changes from last week, that's massive and as much as I like the look of the above, I've a feeling a couple if not more will survive from last week

46 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You can read into it two ways with Watson only playing 45 against the Fifers but hopefully it's the good way.

The above team is 7 changes from last week, that's massive and as much as I like the look of the above, I've a feeling a couple if not more will survive from last week

I think Mcguffie and/or Nesbitt start. I also think the same might apply to Hall or McKay as much as they reek the place out. I don't think the young lad Mills starts. 

We've got to get back to winning ways after a couple of lacklustre performances. Cove bullied us in midfield last time out until Masson came on so we need to start stronger in that department. 

Simpson & Gardyne have a couple of games under their belts now so hopefully see the best of them.

Expect to see plenty goals today.

3-2 to the Mo.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

What's the chances of this being off? Every train through Larbert is getting cancelled this morning and the wind is forecasted to get worse.

We played Airdrie in a storm just after Storm Arwen.

This is just a gentle breeze - man up.