Foundation of Hearts vs The Well society

Not everyone can own a football club: Mansour bin Zayed, Dermot Desmond, Stan Kroenke, Ron Gordon, myself, Gorgie Greatness and my mate Niall the Motherwell fan. It’s a pretty select group

and while wee Dermot’s lot had the better of our midweek encounter that’s now history and we move on to Motherwell at home

Hibs 0-0 draw at fir park was probably better received by hearts than the teams directly involved. We’ve got enough of a cushion that we’ll be third after the derby but it’s the difference between getting drawn back into a battle for 3rd and disappearing over the horizon

In terms of personnel there’s a few question marks Michael Smith was subbed off early against Celtic, Halkett went off injured late on but at least he walked off and there’s ongoing questions about Souttar

Toby Sibbick’s arrival helps ease my nerves on that regard and with Beni, Devlin and Haring available Nielson has good choices to make.

Motherwell on the other hand seem to have started the year sluggishly losing to 10 men in Dingwall, going to extra time against Morton and then drawing a blank against Hibs. One must suspect they’ll pull themselves out of this malaise at some point but hopefully it won’t be till Paisley next Tuesday

Hearts are 4/6 on at the bookies which looks about right

I’d be surprised if don’t win but it wouldn’t be a massive shock

41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Not everyone can own a football club: Mansour bin Zayed, Dermot Desmond, Stan Kroenke, Ron Gordon, myself, Gorgie Greatness and my mate Niall the Motherwell fan. It’s a pretty select group

and while wee Dermot’s lot had the better of our midweek encounter that’s now history and we move on to Motherwell at home

Hibs 0-0 draw at fir park was probably better received by hearts than the teams directly involved. We’ve got enough of a cushion that we’ll be third after the derby but it’s the difference between getting drawn back into a battle for 3rd and disappearing over the horizon

In terms of personnel there’s a few question marks Michael Smith was subbed off early against Celtic, Halkett went off injured late on but at least he walked off and there’s ongoing questions about Souttar

Toby Sibbick’s arrival helps ease my nerves on that regard and with Beni, Devlin and Haring available Nielson has good choices to make.

Motherwell on the other hand seem to have started the year sluggishly losing to 10 men in Dingwall, going to extra time against Morton and then drawing a blank against Hibs. One must suspect they’ll pull themselves out of this malaise at some point but hopefully it won’t be till Paisley next Tuesday

Hearts are 4/6 on at the bookies which looks about right

I’d be surprised if don’t win but it wouldn’t be a massive shock

Of all my fellow football club owners (on here at least), I think TC is probably my favourite. I don’t really know the wee Peruvian guy though, he might be a right good laugh. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve got a dear friend who supports Motherwell… I’ll need to ask him if he’s in the society. TC may fall down the ranks (love the Motherwell Oktoberfest beer festival), but not that far.

Anyway. The third place triangle tournament is in full flow. Let’s just start nailing coffins.

Just now, ropy said:

Would you cheer him, a Motherwell player while you boo the Souter guy, a Hearts player?

If he scored an OG? I’d probably pump him on the centre circle as half-time entertainment. 

Forecast is clear and dry with 20mph wind with 36mph gusts

Not ideal but pretty good for late January

Joy said it was to be over 50mph on this morning’s forecast. I was basing it on that but it’s obviously just a general area on her wee map rather than more specific.

The game at Tynecastle this season was defined and decided by 2 early and uncharacteristic errors from Kelly, after that there was nothing in it.

The next game at Fir Park was probably our best performance of the season and won at a canter.

Even with that in mind I still can’t see past a fairly routine Hearts win here. We’re sitting in a very respectable league position but I feel we have issues all over the pitch.