2022 NFL Draft

lichtie23

I think if Raimann or Faalele are still on the board at #79 the Chargers have to think seriously about taking one. Not crazy on the idea of two rookies starting side by side on the OL, but by mid-season both could be a more viable option than Norton or Pipkins. I think there are also still a few FA RT's available that they might look to pick up after the draft and possibly one or two that will be cut-down casualties, so they may well look to go CB/DT/LB instead, which is understandable.

Ok, that's a bit unexpected, but I think it comes back to that thing about freeing up DJIII to play more snaps away from deep Safety. We really struggled in Dime last season after injuries to CB/S because of a total lack of depth, so I can kinda understand the pick.

22 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm not entirely unconvinced that the Rams approach might not catch on and become more common. If you are only interested in having a competitive roster right now, then who gives a shit about the crapshoot of the draft anyway? If you can pick up effective, proven vets that don't totally wreck your Cap situation, then why bother with the lottery of drafting talent? People will say it's short-termism, but teams that do things the traditional way have peaks and troughs anyway, and there will always be divisions where 3 of 4 teams are stuck in the mire.

I wish the Chargers had traded for some proven vet OL and not completely wasted the careers of LT, Gates, and Dad#17, because they were bloody useless at drafting OL as soon as they moved on from Marty.

Took me a good few minutes to figure out exactly how many negatives this sentence contained 

Edited by Donathan

4 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

WR Justyn Ross goes undrafted. Injuries scared teams off. Think it was Ross that had multiple concussions in College and retired for a bit, before coming back.

QB Carson Strong not drafted either, definitely a surprise. 

Ross had a spine condition, missed a full year

5 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

WR Justyn Ross goes undrafted. Injuries scared teams off. Think it was Ross that had multiple concussions in College and retired for a bit, before coming back.

QB Carson Strong not drafted either, definitely a surprise. 

Strong as a degenerative knee problem