2022 NFL Draft

lichtie23

The 2022 NFL Draft will be the 87th annual meeting of National Football League (NFL) franchises to select newly eligible players. The draft is expected to be held in Paradise, Nevada, on April 28–30, 2022.

Going by reports this class is strong at Wide Receiver, O-Line and D-Line but below average at QB. 

Kenny Pickett from Pitt seems to be the experts pick as top QB this year. Can’t say I know much about him except that he did a fake slide in a bowl game that the defender bit on and he scampered for a TD. As for who could go number 1 Keyvon Thibodeaux (DE, Oregon), Evan Neill (OT, Alabama) and Aiden Hutchison (DE, Michigan) seem to be the early names in the running. 

With the 1st pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select…….

David Ojabo, edge from Michigan, is being mocked to go in the first round.  He lived in Aberdeenshire for around half his life and considers himself Scottish.

Jets and Giants both have two picks in the top ten.  Detroit will probably draft an edge rusher.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

What positions you wanting to see the Chargers upgrade Boo?

Depends what they do in F.A, but right now they need to find a starting RT, re-sign Aboushi to start at RG, find a starting TE because Cook makes too many mental errors and drops too many, they need run stopping help on the interior DL, could use another genuine threat at Edge, could upgrade at LB, need to upgrade their starting outside CB, need to find a nickel CB, and could use a new Punter because Ty Long is hopeless.

Assuming they bring back their own F.A. players that they should, then I think they'll look for F.A. help at the positions its easier and cheaper to find scheme players at, so DT, back-up RB, possibly RT. They are picking 17th in the draft, so while we're not likely to find another DJIII dropping into our laps, I think that's a good spot to take an outside CB, perhaps an Edge player, upgrade at one of the LB spots, or grab an RT if they can't sort that on the open market. 

They aren't going to fill all of the holes on the roster in one off-season, even with approx 80million in cap space, because they have too many FA of their own to resign, the FA pool isn't particularly great this year, and Tom Telesco usually struggles to find any sort of depth with his 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders.

I'd like to see them go after David Njoku, at least one of the better run stopping DT's likely to hit the market, and maybe Germain Ifedi if he hits the market. Dennis Kelly if not for a short term fix. If they can find 2 or 3 starters at thin positions in FA it should leave them in the position to take BPA at #17 regardless of whether that's at OT, DT, DE CB, or LB

Edited by Boo Khaki

If the 9ers can win the SB I fancy we could get a 1st round pick for Garropolo (never thought I'd say that). What with the QB draft pool supposedly being weak, a lower 1st rnd pick, QB hungry team like the Steelers might just see trading away pick 20 for a proven winner to be a good deal.

If so I'd like to see the 9ers sign draft an edge rusher to balance out Bosa, and allow Armstead to be utilised at DT where I think he is far superior. I doubt we'll get close to being high up enough to pick Thibodeaux, but Karlaftis or Ojabo may fall low enough.

Failing that, I'd like to see the O-Line strengthened, I think we need another safety as well. Hufanga's been decent when called upon, but both Tartt and Ward are getting on.

We're weakest at CB, but the draft is too much of a lottery to rely upon there, I'd rather strengthen there in free agency.

3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

If the 9ers can win the SB I fancy we could get a 1st round pick for Garropolo (never thought I'd say that). What with the QB draft pool supposedly being weak, a lower 1st rnd pick, QB hungry team like the Steelers might just see trading away pick 20 for a proven winner to be a good deal.

If so I'd like to see the 9ers sign draft an edge rusher to balance out Bosa, and allow Armstead to be utilised at DT where I think he is far superior. I doubt we'll get close to being high up enough to pick Thibodeaux, but Karlaftis or Ojabo may fall low enough.

Failing that, I'd like to see the O-Line strengthened, I think we need another safety as well. Hufanga's been decent when called upon, but both Tartt and Ward are getting on.

We're weakest at CB, but the draft is too much of a lottery to rely upon there, I'd rather strengthen there in free agency.

You can win the Superbowl and still nobody is going to give up a first for a guy who, at best, is a bang average starter, let alone a team like Pittsburgh who just don't do that sort of thing anyway.

If SF are lucky and desperately want rid of JG, they might find a partner willing to take him on as some sort of make-weight in a deal similar to the Lions accepting Goff as a kickback for getting shot of Stafford, but nobody is going to go out and headhunt JG because they covet him as a starter. He simply isn't that desirable, and a Superbowl win wouldn't change that one iota. Teams win Superbowls, not QB's, which is why it's always been a ridiculous measure of a QB's ability. Nobody is taking Trent Dilfer over Dan Marino in a straight one or the other.

The Giants desperately need to upgrade on the O-Line and with Gettelman leaving us in salary cap hell it will have to be through the draft. Iv no problem with going O-Line with both our top 10 picks. 

We are sticking with Jones so the least we could do is try and protect him. Would also help Saquon as well 

Makes sense to give Jones the remainder of his contract with Daboll at the helm, because NYG is nowhere near to be a contender anyway with a simple change at QB. There'd be no point in binning him and dropping someone else in there because they'd just struggle as well. Might as well see if Jones can finally get his shit together while he's still cheap, and if he can't then move on in a year or two when there's a better situation for the next guy to walk into.

6 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

I think the stats (minus the fumbles) of his Rookie season tells you there is some sort of QB there.  

Yea definitely! He just needs some protection and a running game to supplement him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the draft is the most overhyped and overly dissected part of the NFL process, unless your team is picking in the top 5 and / or needing a QB, there's not much point in getting excited about it. 

Was delighted when the Bills drafted Rachad Wildgoose Jr last year in the late rounds as you might as well just pick the guys with the funniest names by that stage and hope they're good (he ended up at the Jets I think so probably not in his case)