Celtic V Dundee Utd

1 hour ago, Luddite said:

Felt appropriate. I didn’t know him personally so not sure how quoting someone is name-dropping them. Should I have tried to pass of his aphorism as my own?

Well his aphorism was just a wee rejigging and reworking of Marx, so why not? 

18 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Ffs, they’re thanking the fans for turning up and giving their support. They could introduce similar at Stranraer, they’d only have to make a phone call or two. 

Nice gratuitous dig at a perfectly decent club.

Does choosing a big one make you somehow feel more valid?

18 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Massive win today, not the prettiest but huge. This weekend last year we lost 2-1 to St Mirren and we’re 23 points behind the leaders. What a turnaround the manager has made after 6 or 7 months. 

Yes, with such miniscule resources at his disposal.

What shit.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nice gratuitous dig at a perfectly decent club.

Does choosing a big one make you somehow feel more valid?

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, with such miniscule resources at his disposal.

What shit.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Where are we now?

Insulting someone because they're perceived as rural?

Stay classy.

Uh oh. 

12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You and @Monkey Tennisare two peas in a pod, every supporter knows the feeling of a last minute winner and it doesn't matter what kind of corporate entity the club has become also the 16 year old that came off the bench will never forget the day he made his debut.
Yes I disagree Why because a sense of community isn't measured in size or parochial, The Scottish national team has it, to say it only exists at diddy clubs is nonsense and can be very powerful in numbers.
Yes we've got too put up with a lot of commercial shit and phony gimmicks to get our hard earned in this throw away society,football supporters are not driven by success (Customers not fans,Brands not clubs).
You lot have it easy.

Hey Willie.

Thanks for er... hailing me.  I know your fellow Success Supporters will be delighted you extended the invitation.  It marks a nice change from people telling me I've been placed on Ignore.

I'm new to Luddite's work, but you're right in highlighting him as a splendid fellow with a very healthy disrespect for the OF.  He also has a brilliant username which I'll admit to envying.  His next step should be to install a picture of Ned Ludd as his avatar.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey Willie.

Thanks for er... hailing me.  I know your fellow Success Supporters will be delighted you extended the invitation.  It marks a nice change from people telling me I've been placed on Ignore.

I'm new to Luddite's work, but you're right in highlighting him as a splendid fellow with a very healthy disrespect for the OF.  He also has a brilliant username which I'll admit to envying.  His next step should be to install a picture of Ned Ludd as his avatar.

Success Supporters 😂

Very good 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hey Willie.

Would never put you on Ignore Monkey,I'm glad you posted like a puppet on a string (jest M8).

1 minute ago, Luddite said:

Maybe it’s important enough to keep saying it?

You are right though, this was a thread for Celtic v Dundee United and I’ve more than played my part in hijacking it with something slightly off-topic (although it was in response to something that occurred at that game).

Im sure we can pick this up again on some other thread in the future. Or not.

Still hoping Celtic win the league now though 😂

21 minutes ago, Luddite said:

Maybe it’s important enough to keep saying it?

Considering most people “choose” their clubs before putting on a school uniform for the first time, usually under the influence of parents/grandparents and with general naivety towards what success really looks like then I’d say the point is completely flawed and banded about by those who seem to think they have some sort of moral high ground for supporting their local/provincial team without understanding the choice is generally made for us.

By the time kids understand the landscape of Scottish football they already have an infinity/affection for the team they have been brought up to follow and that’s hard to break.

So no it’s not important at all and quite frankly utter shite.

Its also strange behaviour quoting yourself and agreeing with your own point, wtf is that all about?

Edited by Jinky67

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Considering most people “choose” their clubs before putting on a school uniform for the first time, usually under the influence of parents/grandparents and with general naivety towards what success really looks like then I’d say the point is completely flawed and banded about by those who seem to think they have some sort of moral high ground for supporting their local/provincial team without understanding the choice is generally made for us.

By the time kids understand the landscape of Scottish football they already have an infinity/affection for the team they have been brought up to follow and that’s hard to break.

So no it’s not important at all and quite frankly utter shite.

Its also strange behaviour quoting yourself and agreeing with your own point, wtf is that all about?

First of all I chose the name Luddite cos I’m fucking clueless with technology. Apologies if my not understanding the quoting mechanism has offended you, I meant to quote you.

Secondly, under the influence of my Shettleston-born dad I wholeheartedly supported Celtic from childhood through the 80s to Late 2000s . Then I broke it. 

Lastly, how important is it? If you merely see football as a product for consumption created by Rupert Murdoch and his ilk in the early 90s then yeah, it’s not important.

But if you see it as possibly the last avenue left where a sense of tradition and community and voice for the lower classes still exists, despite outside forces trying to sanitize and b*****dize it, then it’s very fucking important.

Edited by Luddite
Spelling