Celtic V Dundee Utd

4 minutes ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

why is he in this thread lol ?

…if you mean me, against my better judgement I want to see Celtic won’t he league rather than Rangers, now we’re at that point where any potential 3rd team could challenge them.

I can’t stand either of the OF, would live to see Aberdeen, Hearts, Dun Utd or basically anybody stop them winning trophies.

11 minutes ago, Luddite said:

They don’t give a shit. The players  do it cos they’ve been told to do. The fans do it cos they’ve been Pavloved to f**k.
Last time I went to Celtic Park was 2018 for a day out with me old da as it had been years since I’d been with him. The amount of horseshit pantomime stuff they had the fans performing was plastic and phony as f**k. Nothing like when we had gone together in the 80s, 90s and even early 2000s.

The organic team-building huddle from the mid 90s had now become “The Huddle” © ™️Then there was the little colored craft card mosaic bullshit things and then some thing with lighters in the air, some bouncy-wouncy thing that had been given another © ™️ name, the stupid music playing after every goal like an American high school game and then everyone standing up and applauding for a minute cos of some shite or other.

I could go on, and I know at some point there was probably a genuine organic reason for some of these things, but it very quickly becomes just a bunch of self-aware fan am-dram activities to give the impression that this global coroporate entity is still connected to its immediate community in some genuine organic way, when it’s really just a load of glory hunters, mostly from outside Glasgow, performing their fealty to their weekend hobby and amusing themselves during another boring humping of a diddy team in their joke of a league.

To quote Mark Fisher: everything solid melts into PR.

Obsessed.

31 minutes ago, Luddite said:

They don’t give a shit. The players  do it cos they’ve been told to do. The fans do it cos they’ve been Pavloved to f**k.
Last time I went to Celtic Park was 2018 for a day out with me old da as it had been years since I’d been with him. The amount of horseshit pantomime stuff they had the fans performing was plastic and phony as f**k. Nothing like when we had gone together in the 80s, 90s and even early 2000s.

The organic team-building huddle from the mid 90s had now become “The Huddle” © ™️Then there was the little colored craft card mosaic bullshit things and then some thing with lighters in the air, some bouncy-wouncy thing that had been given another © ™️ name, the stupid music playing after every goal like an American high school game and then everyone standing up and applauding for a minute cos of some shite or other.

I could go on, and I know at some point there was probably a genuine organic reason for some of these things, but it very quickly becomes just a bunch of self-aware fan am-dram activities to give the impression that this global coroporate entity is still connected to its immediate community in some genuine organic way, when it’s really just a load of glory hunters, mostly from outside Glasgow, performing their fealty to their weekend hobby and amusing themselves during another boring humping of a diddy team in their joke of a league.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

54 minutes ago, Luddite said:

I hope the harvest is good this year M8, if not get ready for the wicker man. 

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Nail biter today. If I smoked I would’ve smoked a lot but I don’t so I didn’t.

Absolutely mahoosive 3 pts. 

Just seen a post of Twitter saying Abada is so good he’ll have the **** supporting Palestine by the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Luddite said:

👍 I gave your reply a like. Appreciate the positive vibes.

I don't mind enjoying the moment and living in the now,the fans are the only constant at any club and like Ange has said the rest are only passing through.
The walk on and the 67th minute are not performing monkey moments.

30 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don't mind enjoying the moment and living in the now,the fans are the only constant at any club and like Ange has said the rest are only passing through.
The walk on and the 67th minute are not performing monkey moments.

I understand why you say that, I really do. And I’m not just harping on Celtic, all the big clubs have been put in a position where they’ve had to become corporate entities completely unmoored from whatever organic sense of community was the driving force up until Thatcher/Heysel/Italia 90/Murdoch sanitized all the “society” out of it (he society that Thatcher said didn’t exist anyway).  I know TINA , what else could they do? And if it’s something that’s been part of your life since childhood, the one place where you feel some sense of community cos it’s been sucked out of every other arena of life in modern Britain you can’t give that up. But it’s shite mate, it’s like doing the pre-shift team exercise at Walmart, push back against it and your not part of the club. With Walmart that means no job no money. With your football team that means no community in a shitty individualistic world.

In my opinion the “diddy” clubs are the only place where it still exists.

Just my opinion, I know you disagree.

1 hour ago, Luddite said:

I understand why you say that, I really do. And I’m not just harping on Celtic, all the big clubs have been put in a position where they’ve had to become corporate entities completely unmoored from whatever organic sense of community was the driving force up until Thatcher/Heysel/Italia 90/Murdoch sanitized all the “society” out of it (he society that Thatcher said didn’t exist anyway).  I know TINA , what else could they do? And if it’s something that’s been part of your life since childhood, the one place where you feel some sense of community cos it’s been sucked out of every other arena of life in modern Britain you can’t give that up. But it’s shite mate, it’s like doing the pre-shift team exercise at Walmart, push back against it and your not part of the club. With Walmart that means no job no money. With your football team that means no community in a shitty individualistic world.

In my opinion the “diddy” clubs are the only place where it still exists.

Just my opinion, I know you disagree.

You and @Monkey Tennisare two peas in a pod, every supporter knows the feeling of a last minute winner and it doesn't matter what kind of corporate entity the club has become also the 16 year old that came off the bench will never forget the day he made his debut.
Yes I disagree Why because a sense of community isn't measured in size or parochial, The Scottish national team has it, to say it only exists at diddy clubs is nonsense and can be very powerful in numbers.
Yes we've got too put up with a lot of commercial shit and phony gimmicks to get our hard earned in this throw away society,football supporters are not driven by success (Customers not fans,Brands not clubs).
You lot have it easy.

6 hours ago, Luddite said:

…if you mean me, against my better judgement I want to see Celtic won’t he league rather than Rangers, now we’re at that point where any potential 3rd team could challenge them.

I can’t stand either of the OF, would live to see Aberdeen, Hearts, Dun Utd or basically anybody stop them winning trophies.

I enjoy seeing the OF winning the league. They embarrass themselves and it’s fun to point and laugh at the cunts 

Edited by Captain Saintsible

6 hours ago, Luddite said:

Well said.

Plastic club, plastic fans.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You and @Monkey Tennisare two peas in a pod, every supporter knows the feeling of a last minute winner and it doesn't matter what kind of corporate entity the club has become also the 16 year old that came off the bench will never forget the day he made his debut.
Yes I disagree Why because a sense of community isn't measured in size or parochial, The Scottish national team has it, to say it only exists at diddy clubs is nonsense and can be very powerful in numbers.
Yes we've got too put up with a lot of commercial shit and phony gimmicks to get our hard earned in this throw away society,football supporters are not driven by success (Customers not fans,Brands not clubs).
You lot have it easy.

I don’t know who this @Monkey Tennis fella is, but I like the cut of his jib 😁

2 hours ago, imposs1904 said:

He just wanted to name drop the late Mark Fisher.

Felt appropriate. I didn’t know him personally so not sure how quoting someone is name-dropping them. Should I have tried to pass of his aphorism as my own?