Celtic V Dundee Utd

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why did you change your team to Scotland,the wicker man post was a wee joke M8.

And it was a funny one 👍

Changing it had nothing to do with your joke sir. When signing up to P&B it asked for "team" so I put my hometown, but since the disillusionment with football hit and I lost interest in Celtic I've really been all over the place watching loads of different teams, including Stranraer but also Arbroath, Nottingham Forest, Rochdale and whichever SPL team stands the best chance of besting the OF.  Saw that someone had "Scotland" as their team and thought that was a better fit seeing as I haven't been able to go to a Stranraer game for many years. 

44 minutes ago, Luddite said:

And it was a funny one 👍

Changing it had nothing to do with your joke sir. When signing up to P&B it asked for "team" so I put my hometown, but since the disillusionment with football hit and I lost interest in Celtic I've really been all over the place watching loads of different teams, including Stranraer but also Arbroath, Nottingham Forest, Rochdale and whichever SPL team stands the best chance of besting the OF.  Saw that someone had "Scotland" as their team and thought that was a better fit seeing as I haven't been able to go to a Stranraer game for many years. 

I've got a M8 with a similar story,he supported the dons in rebellion to his staunch father and he ended up going to games in the conference league.
There was a guy on here that supported Celtic and couldn't do it any more and started going to Dumbarton games think his handle was tartantony.
Football had to change with the times rightly or wrongly, maybe you're just a analog fan in a digital game disillusioned by progress.

22 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've got a M8 with a similar story,he supported the dons in rebellion to his staunch father and he ended up going to games in the conference league.
There was a guy on here that supported Celtic and couldn't do it any more and started going to Dumbarton games think his handle was tartantony.
Football had to change with the times rightly or wrongly, maybe you're just a analog fan in a digital game disillusioned by progress.

That’s pretty much it mate. It’s really not for me anymore but I fucking love the culture and history around football so I try to square the circle and then piss and moan at other people who’re just looking for a distraction from the shite we’re all living through.

I genuinely think there is a “lost future” element to Scottish football cos of Murray/Sevco/Murdoch which ties back in with the K-Punk stuff.

20 minutes ago, Luddite said:

I genuinely think there is a “lost future” element to Scottish football cos of Murray/Sevco/Murdoch which ties back in with the K-Punk stuff.

I wouldn't point the finger because I would need more info on what has happened with the game.
The gentrification of Football is in no doubt over the past 30 years but there has been too many moving parts to pin it on.

17 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I wouldn't point the finger because I would need more info on what has happened with the game.
The gentrification of Football is in no doubt over the past 30 years but there has been too many moving parts to pin it on.

Yeah, it's a bit like trying to  pinpoint exactly which Pickled Onion Monster Munch might have caused stomach cancer.

That being said....I'm going to give it a shot....

3 minutes ago, Luddite said:

Yeah, it's a bit like trying to  pinpoint exactly which Pickled Onion Monster Munch might have caused stomach cancer.

That being said....I'm going to give it a shot....

The catalyst for the chain of events maybe started with the Bosman ruling or Hillsborough both changed the shape of the game now.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The catalyst for the chain of events maybe started with the Bosman ruling or Hillsborough both changed the shape of the game now.

Just started a new thread. Look forward to reading any thoughts you might have. Cheers

19 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What you identify as "progress" isn't anything of the sort.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What you identify as "progress" isn't anything of the sort.

Fucking spot on! It's brighter and louder, it generates more money and interests more people, and you can watch games from anywhere live on your phone but just because it's happening in the year 2022 doesn't mean it has progressed.