Celtic V Dundee Utd

I'd love to know how Abada(sp?) was allowed to stand unmarked on the 6yd line for that goal likes. That was school boy stuff. And watching the Celtic defender standing inside the United half there with the ball at his feet with not a single united player pressuring him was utterly gauling. 

Celtic down to 10 men and United players playing containment. 

Disgraceful. 

We weren’t good today at all however that goal was massive and didn’t he take it well.  

Shame the foul wasn’t given on Taylor which would have avoided Bitton having to foul the United player however the 3 points are in the bag.

All setup for Wednesday, bring them on !!!!

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, your pals on Celtic TV were screaming for a foul as well. Absolute nonsense. 

Probably because it was a foul, if it happened at the other end we would hear the usual Celtic get all the decisions shite.

However may have been a good thing as it forced us to take GG off who was utter dug shite and put Abada through the middle.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Probably because it was a foul, if it happened at the other end we would hear the usual Celtic get all the decisions shite.

However may have been a good thing as it forced us to take GG off who was utter dug shite and put Abada through the middle.

Bollocks. Taylor was just too slow. You can't always rely on the ref bailing you out just because you fall over. I appreciate that this is a novel concept for Celtic fans.

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Bollocks. Taylor was just too slow. You can't always rely on the ref bailing you out just because you fall over. I appreciate that this is a novel concept for Celtic fans.

The ref didn’t need to bail us out mate. Abada did 👍🍀

Edited by Jinky67

Didn’t think Taylor was fouled until watching it back. Didn’t think Bitton had to make the foul, but understand why he done it.  Need to get a ball winner tomorrow… wonder if Aberdeen are interested in letting us have Ferguson or Brown on a 4 month loan. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'd love to know how Abada(sp?) was allowed to stand unmarked on the 6yd line for that goal likes. That was school boy stuff. And watching the Celtic defender standing inside the United half there with the ball at his feet with not a single united player pressuring him was utterly gauling. 

Celtic down to 10 men and United players playing containment. 

Disgraceful. 

Great players find space 🥲

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah GG was terrible in 2nd half especially but big call still to take him off but proven Ange right in the end. I want to like GG but he is pretty much a one touch instinctive finisher and little else.

1 hour ago, Luddite said:

So just another of Celtic’s contrived “traditions” for the fans to “perform”?

Ffs, they’re thanking the fans for turning up and giving their support. They could introduce similar at Stranraer, they’d only have to make a phone call or two. 

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah GG was terrible in 2nd half especially but big call still to take him off but proven Ange right in the end. I want to like GG but he is pretty much a one touch instinctive finisher and little else.

Big decision as to if he starts on Wednesday. Drop him you possibly destroy his confidence however Jota has to start he is a difference maker.

I do like O’Riley though despite his miss his passing was really good 

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Big decision as to if he starts on Wednesday. Drop him you possibly destroy his confidence however Jota has to start he is a difference maker.

I do like O’Riley though despite his miss his passing was really good 

I would still start him (GG) tbh, I’m probs being a bit harsh on him as he’s had such little game time. I think Jota was most likely rested today but Forrest had never really been ever to play on the left effectively. 
O’Riley looks an absolute steal for the price you see players going down south. 

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Massive win today, not the prettiest but huge. This weekend last year we lost 2-1 to St Mirren and we’re 23 points behind the leaders. What a turnaround the manager has made after 6 or 7 months. 

Credit to the manager never at any point has he looked under pressure of flustered even when some fans were starting to turn on him round about October. He has stuck to his plan, bought well and fair play to him.

We have momentum and they look to be struggling since the break and despite our injuries this is the best time to play them. A win on Wednesday is massive, if we get in front i think we stay there

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Ffs, they’re thanking the fans for turning up and giving their support. They could introduce similar at Stranraer, they’d only have to make a phone call or two. 

They don’t give a shit. The players  do it cos they’ve been told to do. The fans do it cos they’ve been Pavloved to f**k.
Last time I went to Celtic Park was 2018 for a day out with me old da as it had been years since I’d been with him. The amount of horseshit pantomime stuff they had the fans performing was plastic and phony as f**k. Nothing like when we had gone together in the 80s, 90s and even early 2000s.

The organic team-building huddle from the mid 90s had now become “The Huddle” © ™️Then there was the little colored craft card mosaic bullshit things and then some thing with lighters in the air, some bouncy-wouncy thing that had been given another © ™️ name, the stupid music playing after every goal like an American high school game and then everyone standing up and applauding for a minute cos of some shite or other.

I could go on, and I know at some point there was probably a genuine organic reason for some of these things, but it very quickly becomes just a bunch of self-aware fan am-dram activities to give the impression that this global coroporate entity is still connected to its immediate community in some genuine organic way, when it’s really just a load of glory hunters, mostly from outside Glasgow, performing their fealty to their weekend hobby and amusing themselves during another boring humping of a diddy team in their joke of a league.

To quote Mark Fisher: everything solid melts into PR.