The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

On 27/01/2022 at 12:08, tamthebam said:

TBQHWY I don't care that much

Typical male answer.

On 27/01/2022 at 12:12, 101 said:

These people are trotting out the same shit you can see spouted before being a Gay man was acceptable.

They were bigots then they are bigots now.

Nope.  You are the one trotting out the shit.

On 27/01/2022 at 12:19, 101 said:

There is absolutely nothing to stop a predator walking into a public toilet or changing facility which appears to be the main hand ringing claim.

Allowing people to easily change how they identify will not increase the risk of assault and will improve the lives of some of the most marginalised and abused people in society. 

Forgive me if you don't think people ardently opposed to this are bigots but I don't think there is another more suitable word.

Don't be so bloody ignorant.  What do you think is happening right now? Male criminals are going into prisons claiming to be female, the law says it is ok for them to do that.  

Would you be happy for your daughter to be in a cell with a female that had a penis?  I'm not.

There has to be a gatekeeper somewhere.  This is getting out of control now. 

Many gay and lesbians are against self id.  

A poll that was done by Scot goes pop showed it was only a minority that wanted self id.  What about the majority that wants to avoid fuel poverty, don't we get the same attention?  Scottish publicly owned energy company was promised and now it has been binned. Aye, thanks.

Priorities priorities,  sort out gender first when we have air to breath and worry about heat and food later. 

Fucking hate this Scottish government. 

Edited by Kenneth840

1 hour ago, Kenneth840 said:

Typical male answer.

Don't be so bloody ignorant.  What do you think is happening right now? Male criminals are going into prisons claiming to be female, the law says it is ok for them to do that.  

Would you be happy for your daughter to be in a cell with a female that had a penis?  I'm not.

A poll that was done by Scot goes pop showed it was only a minority that wanted self id.  What about the majority that wants to avoid fuel poverty, don't we get the same attention?  Scottish publicly owned energy company was promised and now it has been binned. Aye, thanks.

Priorities priorities,  sort out gender first when we have air to breath and worry about heat and food later. 

You are absolutely barking mad.

Sorry that's all the response you'll be getting on this matter.

1 hour ago, Kenneth840 said:

Typical male answer.

Tbh it sounds like a good idea for VLs to get their Nat King.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525441/Transgender-murderer-Paris-Green-moved-womens-prison-sex-inmates.html

21 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The bold Kenneth is probably the biggest lunatic on the politics forum. I think you’re safe in immediately disregarding his ravings. 

That was the first time I've come across him, and yeh I think it confirms that.

Is Kenneth one of these auld lunatics from the Family Party or whatever it’s called. The one with the election flyers promoting stuff like ending fuel poverty, improved local library services, greater access to green spaces for all and the compulsory chemical castration of homosexuals and travellers? 

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Is Kenneth one of these auld lunatics from the Family Party or whatever it’s called. The one with the election flyers promoting stuff like ending fuel poverty, improved local library services, greater access to green spaces for all and the compulsory chemical castration of homosexuals and travellers? 

I didn't get one.  Can you send it on?

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Where was Kenneth wrong in what he said?

Its easy to slag  him off but his views, I would guess, have majority support.

Make your points rather than dish abuse.

I think the comparison earlier to what gay people went through 30 odd years ago is probably not far off where it is. Unfortunately, the media tend to promote whatever sells, and that usually means sensationalising the extremes. As far as the trans equality movement goes, the extremes are male prisoners and thon Canadian mysoginist who was suing anyone who refused to wax their cock. The media sensationalising what is very much the 1 in a million case means those cases have massively overblown influence on general opinion on the topic. Not really sure how they deal with it, you still see the stereotypes that were painted of gay men back then being used at times today.

Sport is another issue mind you. I can’t see any solution there that doesn’t involve grading events beyond the generic “mens” and “womens” we see now.

On 28/01/2022 at 09:22, 101 said:

You mean the Terfs won't be carrying out gentile inspections of people before the access vital services such as rape crisis or escape from domestic abuse?

For a while it seemed like they wanted that and also want people to believe they aren't wrong-uns.

So if you're Jewish you get in?

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Where was Kenneth wrong in what he said?

Its easy to slag  him off but his views, I would guess, have majority support.

Make your points rather than dish abuse.

Fair enough

17 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

Typical male answer.

Prisons don't depend on legal status of inmates to decide whether to send them to male or female jails so "self determination" is irrelevant. 

You seem to be suggesting that the current legislation is some sort of "self-determination". It isn't, it requires third party approval.

I doubt that these rule changes have anything to do with energy company ownership. Be interested to hear how that works?