The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I must say that sounds completely batshit crazy to me. Though no surprise this is the level of argument. Having never been a sexual predator I'm no expert but surely if you're that way inclined a "Female" sign isn't going to be much of a deterrent ffs? I can't see sexual offences going up purely down to "He was pretending to be a woman so he could stand in the toilet preying on females". Clutching at straws IMO.

Going by that argument I assume the same people think I'm a potential offender when I take my daughter into the ladies for the toilet.

Correct, but voicing such an opinion would see you treated with Tobin levels of contempt in the Terf twittersphere.

Predatory behaviour in Men or Women is no reason to make the lives of trans people a misery.

Had never put a huge amount of thought into it, or considered asking others what they do, but I had always (dont need to go with them anymore) took my lassies into the gents to avoid the potentially awkward scenario of being a man in the ladies.
Used to take my eldest into the mens but she was extremely uncomfortable and really didn't want to go in. So I started going into the ladies with her as she didn't have an issue with it. I haven't had any comments about doing so as I think most people would be mature enough to know I'm in there for my daughter and not any other sinister reason.

The fact is they just don’t want trans people to exist 

Its that simply

The UK Government are already talking about removing legal rights of Trans people from the Equality Act

They also felt the exclude Trans people when it comes to the ban on conversation therapy 

Clicky

All this nonsense about toilets and safe spaces is just that

Nonsense 

You’d think Trans people make up a large percentage of the population, they don’t 

They’re a very small group of people who are being persecuted by a section of social that are egged on by politicians

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Had never put a huge amount of thought into it, or considered asking others what they do, but I had always (dont need to go with them anymore) took my lassies into the gents to avoid the potentially awkward scenario of being a man in the ladies.

Used to take my eldest into the mens but she was extremely uncomfortable and really didn't want to go in. So I started going into the ladies with her as she didn't have an issue with it. I haven't had any comments about doing so as I think most people would be mature enough to know I'm in there for my daughter and not any other sinister reason.

But have you actually seen anything good?

By accident of course.

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The fact is they just don’t want trans people to exist 

Its that simply

The UK Government are already talking about removing legal rights of Trans people from the Equality Act

They also felt the exclude Trans people when it comes to the ban on conversation therapy 

Clicky

All this nonsense about toilets and safe spaces is just that

Nonsense 

You’d think Trans people make up a large percentage of the population, they don’t 

They’re a very small group of people who are being persecuted by a section of social that are egged on by politicians

The tories  have nothing left in the tank except going for broke against woke. 
when you’re behind in a game you’ll often here auld c***s shouting at the players to “ get it up the park” despite that being outdated shite. This is the same. Nothing left to do except appeal to prejudiced folk who think everything equality related is a lot of modetn nonsense 

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The tories  have nothing left in the tank except going for broke against woke. 
when you’re behind in a game you’ll often here auld c***s shouting at the players to “ get it up the park” despite that being outdated shite. This is the same. Nothing left to do except appeal to prejudiced folk who think everything equality related is a lot of modetn nonsense 

That’s just not the case.

Most people I know are fairly relaxed about trans people.

‘Let them get on with it’ is the general reaction.

What is worrying though are the reports that kids as young as 9 are being given puberty blockers at a gender clinic in Glasgow. There were similar reports about the Tavistock in England which, I think, was closed down.

By all means battle on for trans people but just make sure that young kids are not being used as human guinea pigs.

This story, if true, is very concerning.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What is worrying though are the reports that kids as young as 9 are being given puberty blockers at a gender clinic in Glasgow. There were similar reports about the Tavistock in England which, I think, was closed down.

By all means battle on for trans people but just make sure that young kids are not being used as human guinea pigs.

WTF have Puberty blocking treatments got to do with the Trans / Gender debate. They have been used for years routinely UK and world wide to treat precocious puberty conditions.

I'd suggest you read up a bit more and read less of the right wing media tabloids.

ETA I see someone beat me to it, didn't read beyond the DPB post !

Puberty blockers have been prescribed to Dysphoric children for years, usually when there's a period of time where doctors are uncertain if surgery is the correct course of action, but that's been jumped on by the 'lefties transing our kids' brigade and deliberately mangled into something it isn't.

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

"there are reports" 

😆

Oh! What serendipitous circumstance. I was just coming on to post a headline on Microsoft Edge's content aggregator, and I see DPB has raised it as a talking point:

t.png.34d873a785a441708281145603bf63da.png

I was doing to say I wasn't sure who the audience for this stuff actually is, but it makes so much sense. Apparently Caitlyn Jenner has misgendered someone and hit out at LGBT.... something or other recently too.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sure there are millions of women out there who are now completely re-assured of their safety now that a man like yourself has come along to mansplain how ridiculous their fears are.

The nation's women can sleep easier tonight. No doubt about that.

Millions of women are not reading this website 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sure there are millions of women out there who are now completely re-assured of their safety now that a man like yourself has come along to mansplain how ridiculous their fears are.

Aye, that's what happened there. I've 'mansplained' that there are 'sign vampires' who want to go and ogle folk in a toilet but can't because of a sign and therefore go through a whole process to declare themselves a different gender to overcome these signs, and will now be able to bypass these guardians of the toilet doors and stroll in to areas they couldn't before, like unlocking a new area of the map on a video game.

You do realise absolutely no one buys your act here? 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Are women only capable of understanding words when written by other women?

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

To be fair to @DA Baracus, I was discussing the gender debate with my wife the other day, and she made almost exactly the same point he did.

i.e. - sexual predators have hardly been standing by calmly waiting for this legislation to attack women, and the thought that there is an orderly queue of them waiting to officially change their gender before storming the John Lewis dressing rooms is fucking rididulous.

Her simple (but effective, imo) take on political issues is that if a cause is championed by The Daily Mail or The Express, then its probably made up nonsense.

To be fair to [mention=12228]DA Baracus[/mention], I was discussing the gender debate with my wife the other day, and she made almost exactly the same point he did.
i.e. - sexual predators have hardly been standing by calmly waiting for this legislation to attack women, and the thought that there is an orderly queue of them waiting to officially change their gender before storming the John Lewis dressing rooms is fucking rididulous.
Her simple (but effective, imo) take on political issues is that if a cause is championed by The Daily Mail or The Express, then its probably made up nonsense.
DA's response was to me and it's purely tongue-in-cheek. It is an open debate on some issues but lets make it clear: if people truly believe sexual predators are changing their gender purely to gain entry to womens toilets then they're fucking morons. And morons who quite clearly just don't want to see this happen and are clinging on to any sort of nonsense to make sure it doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not the best of optics for the SG.

No political scarves allowed in a political arena? Very strange.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23126529.presiding-officer-apologies-scarfgate-row/?ref=twtrec

Nae colours hen, it's the rules.

44 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not the best of optics for the SG.

No political scarves allowed in a political arena? Very strange.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23126529.presiding-officer-apologies-scarfgate-row/?ref=twtrec

The suffragette colours have been co-opted by the ‘Gender Criticals’ (as have dinosaur costumes and teacakes, they’re a fun bunch) as they view themselves as struggling against ‘male ideology’ and the GRA as being a 'predator's charter'. It was a stunt, and unfortunately, they’ve been given the exposure for it; it should’ve been ignored. Gives rise to the likes of this rum chap who now wants Holyrood shut down. And has a blue tick because he’s paid for it. Utterly desolate. 

Edited by carpetmonster