The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I remember an article in WaPo that 84 percent of kids with gender dysphoria eventually desisted, or came to feel comfortable with their birth-assigned gender.

It’s definitely not something you can take lightly. Kids are ultimately stupid. Even adults in their early 20s are stupid. 

I don’t think that information is something certain people are very keen on. 

8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I remember an article in WaPo that 84 percent of kids with gender dysphoria eventually desisted, or came to feel comfortable with their birth-assigned gender.

It’s definitely not something you can take lightly. Kids are ultimately stupid. Even adults in their early 20s are stupid. 

Absolutely.

Why, then, do we give them the vote?

37 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

33 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I don’t think that information is something certain people are very keen on. 

Certainly the ones who 'desisted'. It can't be a whole heap of fun when you're a kid who, even IF they have the fortune to have understanding and supportive parents, has to countenance that most of society don't understand them, those in power are very keen to legislate their victimization, and the 'gender critical' lobby are busy tweeting genocidal plans against them. 

Edited by carpetmonster

33 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Certainly the ones who 'desisted'. It can't be a whole heap of fun when you're a kid who, even IF they have the fortune to have understanding and supportive parents, has to countenance that most of society don't understand them, those in power are very keen to legislate their victimization, and the 'gender critical' lobby are busy tweeting genocidal plans against them. 

😧

Not sure if this is the right thread.

Someone had some major regrets immediately after surgery and now wants to sue the NHS.  
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10947483/Anguish-young-man-sex-organs-removed-NHS-regretted-day-SUES-NHS.html

A young British man who had his genitals removed during gender reassignment surgery is suing the NHS over the operation in a historic legal action.

He complains that doctors did not warn him of the drastic outcome of the body-altering surgery which has left him infertile, incontinent and feeling like a ‘sexual eunuch’.

He said on Twitter yesterday: ‘The minute I woke up from surgery, I knew I had made the biggest mistake of my life.’

What a tadger. Wonder if he will try a reversal?

I do find it odd that the surgeon would not sit him down and explain the procedure and what the long term outcomes could be. There is no doubt some pamphlet produced in multiple languages and diagrams explaining the process.

That will be an interesting court case. Can we show the jury Exhibit A?

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Someone had some major regrets immediately after surgery and now wants to sue the NHS.  
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10947483/Anguish-young-man-sex-organs-removed-NHS-regretted-day-SUES-NHS.html

A young British man who had his genitals removed during gender reassignment surgery is suing the NHS over the operation in a historic legal action.

He complains that doctors did not warn him of the drastic outcome of the body-altering surgery which has left him infertile, incontinent and feeling like a ‘sexual eunuch’.

He said on Twitter yesterday: ‘The minute I woke up from surgery, I knew I had made the biggest mistake of my life.’

I do find it odd that the surgeon would not sit him down and explain the procedure and what the long term outcomes could be. There is no doubt some pamphlet produced in multiple languages and diagrams explaining the process.

That will be an interesting court case. Can we show the jury Exhibit A?

that’s a horrendous read. How can these medics and surgeons sleep at night? 

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

That will be an interesting court case. Can we show the jury Exhibit A

"We're cutting off your cock and balls tomorrow, you may find some discomfort for a few days afterwards. When this settles you will find some structural changes down there."

39 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

that’s a horrendous read. How can these medics and surgeons sleep at night? 

I'd imagine because they'd provided (a continuing of - she'd already been on a lot of hormones) the care she asked for? Detransitioning is quite rare - less than half a percent of trans people express regret over transitioning - medical or not - in the UK - https://www.gendergp.com/detransition-facts/

I'm not overly impressed with the read - they've gotten a quote from Transgender Trend - which is a 'gender critical' organization frequently cited as a hate group - and they don't link to her Twitter feed, despite mentioning it quite a few times. I did eventually find it - https://twitter.com/tullipr?lang=en

She seems to have jumped the shark right from transgender to transphobe - she RTs the LGB Alliance (transphobic organisation), Julie Bindel (transphobe), Helen Joyce (who has openly said she doesn't want transgender people to exist) and Kellie-Jay Keen (absolute cuntress - see https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/01/30/gender-critical-feminist-posie-parker-men-guns-womens-toilets-twitter/). 

I do also find it a little odd that her surgery was a decade ago, her Twitter account only started in January this year and the legal action comes now. There is some money in being a self-hating trans person - see Debbie Hayton and Blaire Whyte - and these are getting more prominent as the media becomes increasingly transphobic. Maybe I'm being too cynical. I would imagine, however, the medics can sleep at night because if she's been thru many years of hormone therapy, has expressed willingness to go thru surgery and then realises that wasn't what she wanted after the piece, that's not really on them. I would imagine the court case will go the same way as Tavistock vs Bell - and likely more heavily in favor of whatever NHS trust it is given the plaintiff would have been in her mid-20s at time of surgery. 

Edited by carpetmonster

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You've already told us what to think and specifically whose opinion is not worth anything.

I have? I’ve stated Helen Joyce has openly stated she doesn’t want trans people to exist - she did, a couple of weeks ago and it’s on video - and KJK is a cuntress - that’s opinion - although I gave an example of one of the reasons I have that opinion - but if you want to defend her, I’d love to hear your take. 

Edited by carpetmonster

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I have? I’ve stated Helen Joyce has openly stated she doesn’t want trans people to exist - she did, a couple of weeks ago and it’s on video - and KJK is a cuntress - that’s opinion - although I gave an example of one of the reasons I have that opinion - but if you want to defend her, I’d love to hear your take. 

His issue isn't with your opinion, but that you expressed it.

Inevitable mention of virtue signalling incoming.

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And there it is right there.

Why would I want to defend her? And why would I want to defend myself to you? Who put you in charge?

Away and wind yer neck in.

I don't know why you'd want to defend her or otherwise, you won't tell me. Maybe I've made an assumption (although I don't think I have, I have no idea if you would defend her or not) much like you when you said 'people like you' - given we've never met, I'm not sure how you'd know what 'people like me' are. Nobody put me in charge, but by issuing me a colored circle, I assume you have some sort of opinion on what I posted? This is why I've been asking you what bits of what I posted you'd dispute for what, 4 or 5 posts now? 

ETA - re your addition - were you hoping I wouldn't see that by not tagging me? No - why would I go into a neurodiversity thread to say Kellie-Jay Keen is a transphobe with ties to the far-right? What sense would it make in there.?

Edited by carpetmonster

On 21/06/2022 at 21:25, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Would you give consent for your 8 year old to be prescribed puberty blockers?

I thought it was fairly common practice to give girls puberty blockers if they started to go through puberty at a younger age like 8.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

I'd imagine because they'd provided (a continuing of - she'd already been on a lot of hormones) the care she asked for? Detransitioning is quite rare - less than half a percent of trans people express regret over transitioning - medical or not - in the UK - https://www.gendergp.com/detransition-facts/

I'm not overly impressed with the read - they've gotten a quote from Transgender Trend - which is a 'gender critical' organization frequently cited as a hate group - and they don't link to her Twitter feed, despite mentioning it quite a few times. I did eventually find it - https://twitter.com/tullipr?lang=en

She seems to have jumped the shark right from transgender to transphobe - she RTs the LGB Alliance (transphobic organisation), Julie Bindel (transphobe), Helen Joyce (who has openly said she doesn't want transgender people to exist) and Kellie-Jay Keen (absolute cuntress - see https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/01/30/gender-critical-feminist-posie-parker-men-guns-womens-toilets-twitter/). 

I do also find it a little odd that her surgery was a decade ago, her Twitter account only started in January this year and the legal action comes now. There is some money in being a self-hating trans person - see Debbie Hayton and Blaire Whyte - and these are getting more prominent as the media becomes increasingly transphobic. Maybe I'm being too cynical. I would imagine, however, the medics can sleep at night because if she's been thru many years of hormone therapy, has expressed willingness to go thru surgery and then realises that wasn't what she wanted after the piece, that's not really on them. I would imagine the court case will go the same way as Tavistock vs Bell - and likely more heavily in favor of whatever NHS trust it is given the plaintiff would have been in her mid-20s at time of surgery. 

Wow.