The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

34 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The video looks like they have lap dancers at various kids parties.

At my birthday party we had a different kind of cake.

It doesn’t tho; it looks like women at a drag show with a load of babies who are too young to be cogniscent of anything much. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not in the least surprised to see Kellie Jay Keen's moronic fangirls have moved beyond 'well we only share ground with nazis on one point, and that's ok', and have now pulled out the Sevco defence, and are claiming that the actual documented, convicted, self-confessed out and proud Nazis who pitched up at her rally in Oz are 'trans rights activists in disguise'.

Next week - "Adolf Hitler - Genocidal maniac, or Gender Critical trailblazer?" and why the Nuremberg Rallies were a just gathering of people with 'legitimate concerns'.

Surely we've all got a "things upon which I agree with the Nazis" list.

Some people like fashionable clothing, for example. Also, big dugs are quite nice.

3 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Some people like fashionable clothing, for example. Also, big dugs are quite nice.

Well the Nazi government was fiercely anti-smoking well in advance of most of the rest of the developed world recognising the danger of tobacco, but I doubt you'd see ASH playing 'the nazis weren't all bad really', or not batting an eyelid at Combat 18 turning up at ASH events, or writing it off as 'Antifa in disguise' when questioned about who they were standing shoulder to shoulder with.

Some of her fans are clearly intelligent people, but the visceral hatred for all things trans has given them brainworms.

Wow, Combat 18 still exist? I guess I'd bring back the National Front (UK Edition) if I was looking for a quick grift right now.

I'm loving the "those fascists are just antifascists in disguise" thing that's been going about for the past few years. The final season "and it turns out they were actual fascists all along!" twist will be well worth waiting for.

23 minutes ago, BTFD said:

"Say what you like about them, the trains ran on time"*

*Actual quote from my old driving instructor

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Becomes less worthy when you realise who the trains were transporting, and where they were going.

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Having never really needed to be exactly on time for anything I always found this an overrated benefit of Nazism.

Their dress sense and taste in motors, however, was unparalleled.

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Wow, Combat 18 still exist? I guess I'd bring back the National Front (UK Edition) if I was looking for a quick grift right now.

I'm loving the "those fascists are just antifascists in disguise" thing that's been going about for the past few years. The final season "and it turns out they were actual fascists all along!" twist will be well worth waiting for.

There are some on the right who use the "the left/far left are as bad as the Nazis" argument - a deliberate underplaying of these insidious fuckers.

There's also the increasing use of "woke" to describe anti-fascist or anti-racist campaigners - "woke" has now become a dangerously lazy term used to close down debate - often by those who, ironically, often whine about "cancel culture".

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Huge amounts of amphetamines.

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There are some on the right who use the "the left/far left are as bad as the Nazis" argument - a deliberate underplaying of these insidious fuckers.

There's also the increasing use of "woke" to describe anti-fascist or anti-racist campaigners - "woke" has now become a dangerously lazy term used to close down debate - often by those who, ironically, often whine about "cancel culture".

The most amusing part of this woke shit is that people my age seem to have forgotten that it's just the same thing their parents accused them of when they were younger - political correctness. Before that, the parents of Boomers disparagingly accused them of being "right on" if they showed any interest in not being a total self-centred c**t to other people. 

It's worrying that every generation seems to let themselves become vulnerable to the fash elements once they hit middle-age, but it always seems to end up the same, so hell mend us all.

41 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A few years back you'd laugh and say "''Murica LOL"  but we're headed the same way, if not there already. 

I don't know if anyone else from P&B was aware, but last Tuesday at Portobello library there was a demo against a group calling themselves "Concerned Adults Talking Openly About Gender Identity Ideology".

Jist of it is that this group contacted CEC about use of the library for their meeting months ago, and CEC gave permission, but having clocked what they were about also told them that in order for it to go ahead they would have to pay for their own security (to the tune of £600) as it was obvious it would be contentious and attract a protest.

They kicked up a stink, but setup a GoFundme for the security costs. After a bit of hoo-haa where even GoFundme rubbered them, they eventually raised the amount and the meeting went ahead as planned. Anyway, I happened to be in the area so decided to go along, more out of curiosity than anything else, but also because I was interested to witness one of these events for myself and see how my own first-hand experience compared with how these things are commonly reported in the 'mainstream' media.

So I rocked up shortly before the planned start time for the meeting to find about 150-200 people in all already on the scene. The vast majority of these folk, and I mean vast majority, like all but 10-15 of them, were just everyday, typical, ordinary looking Porty types that you'd walk past on the High Street every single day without batting an eyelid. There were roughly 10 youngsters dressed in black, coverings on their faces, waving placards adorned with pro-trans rights slogans, and a few other 'well kent faces' carrying boards with anti-trans slogans on. So having seen what I wanted to see, I waited around until the meeting finish time had passed, folk started drifting away, and I left and went home.

Next day, sure enough, every single newspaper runs with some variation of "200-strong woke mob waving placards, shouting abuse, hounding 'ordinary' people" and so on. Complete and utter keech the lot of it.

Anyone who thinks the UK media is portraying anything remotely close to a balanced or nuanced picture of what happens at these things is mistaken. Take this example :-

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ugly-scenes-parents-defy-cancel-29459709

The group in the picture are the full extent of who was there that could possibly be described as 'gender warriors', and were the only folk who were being noisy or carrying placards. Where they get "150 protestors" from I have no idea, as the truth was more like 10-15 and the remainder passive onlookers. Also, I didn't witness anything whatsoever that could be described as an 'ugly scene', and I'm also at a loss as to why they feel the need to describe the goings on inside the library as a 'peaceful meeting' unless they are implying that was in contrast to events outside, which is so far removed from reality that it's utterly risible.

So yeah, I'd be really wary about the stuff you read in the paper about 'clashes' or certain groups acting in an 'intimidatory' manner, because at this 'protest' and the others I have taken in outside Holyrood, the only thing I've witnessed that anyone could possibly have objected to was some of the utter shite that the Cabaret lot choose to play on the karaoke machine when they are mocking the transphobes via the medium of song and dance.