The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

17 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Reminder that Alba currently have less councilors that political heavyweights the Rubbish Party, British Unionist Party & West Dunbartonshire Communist Party.

It’s always a belter how one-time rising star of the SNP Chris McEleny scooped a bumper 115 votes in the Greenock council elections after defecting to Alba, but yet somehow the SNP are extremists and Alba are the voice of the people. They may have a point with Tasmina; she’s represented so many parties now she’s trying to have a go at being the voice of everyone from unionists to unhingedonists. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

It’s always a belter how one-time rising star of the SNP Chris McEleny scooped a bumper 115 votes in the Greenock council elections after defecting to Alba, but yet somehow the SNP are extremists and Alba are the voice of the people.

dr-evil-mike-myers.gif

Ps. I'm not Alba, though you seem to have all carried that ball and ran with it nicely. For removal of doubt I am a nationalistphobic supporter of the union and not much fussed about much else. Up the Lib Dems! 🙂 Hopefully you'll allow me to self id on this issue, it would be somewhat hypocritical of you not to allow me to :-)

2 minutes ago, orfc said:

Ps. I'm not Alba, though you seem to have all carried that ball and ran with it nicely. For removal of doubt I am a nationalistphobic supporter of the union and not much fussed about much else. Up the Lib Dems! 🙂 Hopefully you'll allow me to self id on this issue, it would be somewhat hypocritical of you not to allow me to :-)

I think it was just folks having a go at Alba in general mate, certainly in my case it was. You’d announced that you were flouncing off an hour ago, so I don’t think it was directly about you; there’d be no point. 

7 minutes ago, orfc said:

I don’t think anyone guessed that…

I’m sure that your transphobic stance has nothing to do with your Unionism and trying to kick the SNP, but is centred in just normal bigotry.  

3 hours ago, orfc said:

You're right in that this isn't really about transgender rights - it's about dangerous sex offenders exploiting poor legislation which the SNPs bill will make even easier despite being warned what could happen and turning down Tory amendments to address those points because y'know... Evil Tories and all that.

The schadenfreude comes from watching the realityphobic blue face brigade try to defend this and then having the rug pulled from under their feet by events and now their dear leader

How has it affected things in Ireland, and all the other countries with such gender recognition for that matter?

Presumably you have data to back this stuff up, so be a doll and present it.

On 29/01/2023 at 20:21, Dawson Park Boy said:

Complete shambles.

Sturgeon said it should be left to the SPS to decide.
Burns/Scott was going to a women’s prison.

Now it’s an urgent review.

Guess what’s going to happen now?

It'll be urgently reviewed?

10 minutes ago, orfc said:

Wait till you find out the lib dem policy on self id 

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

I don’t think anyone guessed that…

I’m sure that your transphobic stance has nothing to do with your Unionism and trying to kick the SNP, but is centred in just normal bigotry.  

Eventually you'll understand that it's not transphobic to say a proven rapist saying they're a woman is lying through their teeth to get a cushy prison berth. By your reckoning ms Sturgeon is transphobic too

I'll go back to my earlier point: if you think everyone else is an extremist then the odds are that it's actually you 🙂

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

And the fact they voted to carry it through, unlike tuition fees. 

And the fact that self id doesn't actually bother me, just gobsmacked at the knots it's got the SNP and it's acolytes into with this obviously swinging the lead rapist, I'll be devastated 🙂

5 minutes ago, orfc said:

Eventually you'll understand that it's not transphobic to say a proven rapist saying they're a woman is lying through their teeth to get a cushy prison berth. By your reckoning ms Sturgeon is transphobic too

I'll go back to my earlier point: if you think everyone else is an extremist then the odds are that it's actually you 🙂

Total word salad.

Also completely missing the point that people should be accommodated in prison according to risk (which has no impact on their male / female status).

Eventually you'll understand that it's not transphobic to say a proven rapist saying they're a woman is lying through their teeth to get a cushy prison berth.

it isn’t 

By your reckoning ms Sturgeon is transphobic too

nope

It was you who called folks extremists and specifically pointed out Campbell - who’s an arsehole who says things that other arseholes approve of in order to get money - Cherry - the world’s biggest crybully - and Salmond - who I don’t think anyone thinks about at all anymore.   Nobody else did, although I wouldn’t have much truck with describing the first two as such. 

5 minutes ago, orfc said:

And the fact that self id doesn't actually bother me, just gobsmacked at the knots it's got the SNP and it's acolytes into with this obviously swinging the lead rapist, I'll be devastated 🙂

Cool. I thought you were going to see us all on other threads. 

ETA - kinda interesting that @Johnny Martin who’d previously only existed to updoot all Durie’s Air Freshener’s posts is now updooting all of yours within minutes of them being posted. 

Edited by carpetmonster

On 02/02/2023 at 13:03, carpetmonster said:

Ignoring the misgendering, he can’t do really simple maths either. You can’t balance 5 guests, you’d need to have 3 of one and 2 of the other. 

Well, you could have two of one, two of the other, and one who's "fluid".

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well, you could have two of one, two of the other, and one who's "fluid".

Given it was Graham Linehan who was moaning about it, I’m not entirely sure he’d have been happy with that arrangement; he’s been howling into his Twitter void about Sam Smith all week. Just use Dross. I’m sure he’d say he’s non-binary if Sunak told him to. 

Edited by carpetmonster