The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Initially, you would probably hope, albeit stupidly.

But no, it’s not possible.

Support and love is required.

The idea that homosexuality is akin to a birth defect - something that a parent would initially, if uselessly, wish didn’t exist in their child - is fucking horrifying. This is why young gay people will live in fear and suffer in silence.

I’m genuinely saddened that someone can even express an attitude like this in this day and age - and think it’s acceptable.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

The idea that homosexuality is akin to a birth defect - something that a parent would initially, if uselessly, wish didn’t exist in their child - is fucking horrifying. This is why young gay people will live in fear and suffer in silence.

I’m genuinely saddened that someone can even express an attitude like this in this day and age - and think it’s acceptable.

To be fair though, his views on society in general are abhorrent so "horrifying" is kind of expected. You wouldn't want to call him out for it though - that would leave him posting horrifying views whilst you enjoy your ban. 

11 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Just caught up with your reply.

Thanks for being honest, but if you really think people can grow out of these things, there's no point debating this further.

I think you are being very black and white here.

I don’t know if you are a parent or not but I would have thought that, confronted with such a situation, the initial reaction would be to hope that things would change. Just like with a bad medical diagnosis most people would initially hope that it would get better albeit naively.

Obviously, after a bit of time to see that things won’t change then it is necessary to deal with the situation to the benefit of the child.

Okay, let’s leave it there but I don’t think we’re actually disagreeing here. Maybe you don’t like that?

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t know if you are a parent or not but I would have thought that, confronted with such a situation, the initial reaction would be to hope that things would change. Just like with a bad medical diagnosis most people would initially hope that it would get better albeit naively.

Obviously, after a bit of time to see that things won’t change then it is necessary to deal with the situation to the benefit of the child.

Okay, let’s leave it there but I don’t think we’re actually disagreeing here. Maybe you don’t like that?

Are you seriously comparing someone coming out to receiving a terminal illness diagnosis?

You are a reprehensible piece of shit.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Underneath it all, you're a very cruel individual.

From the FSU website:

I’ve been banned from a social media platform. Can you help?
Probably not. Social media platforms are private companies and as such are free to set their own terms of service and ban you if you ignore them. 

A lot of people are criticising me on a social media platform. Can you help?
If you’ve said or done something that many people disagree with or disapprove of, they’re perfectly entitled to criticise you. That is them simply exercising their free speech. 

Finland take a break from saunas and offing themselves to de-medicalize gender certification (albeit theirs was more draconian than the UK process, requiring sterilization) 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/02/finland-new-gender-recognition-law-a-major-step-towards-protecting-trans-rights/

On 31/01/2023 at 05:47, welshbairn said:

So safety of prisoners is not your concern, just the State's right to determine gender and put everyone in the right pigeon hole? 

You're about as libertarian as the inquisition when it comes down to it.

Safety of prisoners is generally never a concern of the Reich wing, whether in the U.S., the UK or elsewhere. Even the left takes a weak stance on it overall, as society has generally come to accept that jails are places of torture rather than possible reform, mainly because it’s cheaper that way. It also has the benefit (theoretically, in the minds of the politicians) of keeping the really nasty types occupied as jailers until they can be hired (and underpaid) by the police.

I’m wondering how long before this mess comes to the U.S., because on a state by state basis, I can assure you there will be massive differences in policy and action.