The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

The whole thing is a mess.

The SNP are now saying that violent and sex offending trans women should be in a male prison. So that means they’re not female but male?
I think it’s time we redefined the point at which a person can be called the gender of their choice.

In my opinion, a man transitioning to become a woman cannot be considered to be a woman until his genitalia has been removed and he has a medically approved GRC certificate. Until that point he/she is a man.

That seems to be just common sense but hey there’s not much of that about just now.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

The whole thing is a mess.

The SNP are now saying that violent and sex offending trans women should be in a male prison. So that means they’re not female but male?
I think it’s time we redefined the point at which a person can be called the gender of their choice.

In my opinion, a man transitioning to become a woman cannot be considered to be a woman until his genitalia has been removed and he has a medically approved GRC certificate. Until that point he/she is a man.

That seems to be just common sense but hey there’s not much of that about just now.

It means they could be a danger to other prisoners I assume. Their preferred gender is irrelevant.

That said, are there any born female prisoners in male prisons because they are a danger to women?

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It means they could be a danger to other prisoners I assume. Their preferred gender is irrelevant.

That said, are there any born female prisoners in male prisons because they are a danger to women?

Yes, your assumption is correct but that then makes a nonsense of the policy.

People on here can argue all we like but when you put this to mainstream, socially conservative Scotland (maw, paw and the bairns) they think politicians are nuts and frankly disgraceful.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, your assumption is correct but that then makes a nonsense of the policy.

People on here can argue all we like but when you put this to mainstream, socially conservative Scotland (maw, paw and the bairns) they think politicians are nuts and frankly disgraceful.

I think I'd rather the SPS carried on doing balance of risk assessments on a case by case basis than leaving it to the Broons. 

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think I'd rather the SPS carried on doing balance of risk assessments on a case by case basis than leaving it to the Broons. 

So you accept that a transgender woman (in your mind a real woman) should be put in a male prison?

Thats where PC gets you. Crazy.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So you accept that a transgender woman (in your mind a real woman) should be put in a male prison?

Thats where PC gets you. Crazy.

When it's safer for everyone, yes. Do you think it would be safe for a young transgender woman done for shoplifting to be put in a male prison?

What we really need is a member of the Royal Family to come out as trans. It would be brilliant watching the contortions in the media. 

Some folk on the Forum would be demanding photographic evidence of the boaby- or lack of one - before even acknowledging such a thing was possible. 

58 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When it's safer for everyone, yes. Do you think it would be safe for a young transgender woman done for shoplifting to be put in a male prison?

In my mind, that’s where they should be unless they’ve had their genitalia removed and have a GRC certificate

19 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

What we really need is a member of the Royal Family to come out as trans. It would be brilliant watching the contortions in the media. 

Some folk on the Forum would be demanding photographic evidence of the boaby- or lack of one - before even acknowledging such a thing was possible. 

The only contortions I can see are within the SNP.

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

In my mind, that’s where they should be unless they’ve had their genitalia removed and have a GRC certificate

So safety of prisoners is not your concern, just the State's right to determine gender and put everyone in the right pigeon hole? 

You're about as libertarian as the inquisition when it comes down to it.

Edited by welshbairn

See with these TERFs, it always, and I mean always, boils down to genitalia, they're fucking obsessed with it. From genital checks in toilets to having genitals removed to be considered this or that. To any sensible person, it is clear who the real weirdo perverts in this "debate" are, and it certainly is not trans-people.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I see you edited this, but still havent grasped what it means when someone states they have identified as a different gender.

Hint - its not about whether he "has a cock" or not.

There are clearly nuances around how the SPS deals with the enormous number (5) of Trans Women in womens jails in Scotland, and it needs to be dealt with appropriately. However, frankly it has less impact on Scottish society than the cooncil digging up South Clerk Street for 3 weeks in February. 

Also, conflating the GR issue with Scottish Independence must come as a bit of a surprise to the Lib Dems and Labour parties at Holyrood.............................

The edit was a typo

Answer the question: why should we take the word of a convicted rapist when they say they're a woman? They're obviously a proven liar already, so why believe them on this? 

2 minutes ago, orfc said:

The edit was a typo

Answer the question: why should we take the word of a convicted rapist when they say they're a woman? They're obviously a proven liar already, so why believe them on this? 

They don’t, that’s why individual assessments are done on each prisoner. 

9 minutes ago, orfc said:

The edit was a typo

You dont understand self i.d. , do you?