The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I naively assumed that trans prisoners would not be housed in the same unit as other prisoners. Certainly not in areas where they'd be naked.

Its been the case for years - in this country, England and Wales as well.

There are also women deemed to be too dangerous toward other women housed in mens prisons. Its all down to the SPS risk assessments.

All that will happen as a result of the press outcry here is that the tiny number of dangerous trans prisoners will be kept in solitary.

............while men will continue to be raped by other males in mens prisons with almost zero press coverage, especially not from JL Rowling.

This is absolute gold look at her trying to defend this fantasy land nonsense she knows (like every single sane person) that this is absolutely bollocks deep down but that moral high ground must be preserved at all costs.

An absolute clown of a person and an outright stone cold lying reality denier who is willing to throw the rights of woman and children away and endanger them at the same time to try and look like a caring progressive person. 

What a sad and sorry state of affairs.

@1320Lichtie that is not the zinger the interviewer or you think it is, in fact it's the complete opposite.

Nicola very calmly explained the nuanced situation in the face of a sub Neil / Paxman look at me barrage.

If you are searching for a worthy successor to James Kelly as the most challenged politician in the category of verbal expression, look no further than One hour, six minutes and fifty seconds into this Johnnie Beattie Drivetime broadcast and share your cerebral space with the redoubtable Rachael Hamilton 

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is absolute gold look at her trying to defend this fantasy land nonsense she knows (like every single sane person) that this is absolutely bollocks deep down but that moral high ground must be preserved at all costs.

An absolute clown of a person and an outright stone cold lying reality denier who is willing to throw the rights of woman and children away and endanger them at the same time to try and look like a caring progressive person. 

Yes - Denise Findlay is a clown.

You'll be using Chris McEleny next to try and back your shite argument up.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, sophia said:

@1320Lichtie that is not the zinger the interviewer or you think it is, in fact it's the complete opposite.

Nicola very calmly explained the nuanced situation in the face of a sub Neil / Paxman look at me barrage.

If you are searching for a worthy successor to James Kelly as the most challenged politician in the category of verbal expression, look no further than One hour, six minutes and fifty seconds into this Johnnie Beattie Drivetime broadcast and share your cerebral space with the redoubtable

Unfair, nobody told her that she'd have to understand HQ's talking points as well as memorising them. Politics was much simpler in the lounge bar of the Buccleuch Arms.

This whole situation has been used by bigots to marginalise a tiny section of society more.

As far I can make out all the GR bill was doing was reducing age from 18 to 16 to get one. Nothing more? 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

She flaps a bit but what she says is fine. The interviewer comes across as a shouty bigot though.

Violent criminals who are a danger to others shouldn’t be housed with them. Is that not what happens now?

6 minutes ago, RH33 said:

This whole situation has been used by bigots to marginalise a tiny section of society more.

As far I can make out all the GR bill was doing was reducing age from 18 to 16 to get one. Nothing more? 

Very few trans people bother with getting a GR certificate as it makes little difference to ordinary life. You can already choose what gender you want on your passport or driving license with no checks. There are 5 trans women in women's prisons, 6 in men's, case by case seems the obvious way to decide, based on risk to both the fellow prisoners and  the offender. 

30 minutes ago, RH33 said:

There is a bit more to it, reducing the time required living in their desired gender and no requirements for a doctor/medical diagnosis needed.  

But that’s not the debate transphobes want to have,  they want it to be about the right for trans people to exist.  

On 29/01/2023 at 15:34, Antlion said:

Apparently the bold Joanne is making a hero - along with the Record - out of a woman with a very chequered background of (multiple) serious assaults and homophobia. Because now she’s a trustworthy, brave lady just speaking up about her fear of what she calls “nonces” and “troons” running riot in prisons (none actually doing anything aggressive in her story, mind).

Bizarre to see the “hang ‘em and flog ‘em” types worshipping someone they’d normally want … well … flogged and hanged, all because she’s playing their favourite song.

On a similar note, why should we believe a convicted rapist when they say they're now a woman? He obviously lied his cock off in court (prob a help) and wasn't believed on a number of serious crimes, so why on this?

It's weird this. I've watched for years as the tories say they want to defend the union when every action they take seems specifically aimed to break it up, but for the last couple of years I've been watching the snp state they want independence but doing everything in their power not to get it.

Edited by orfc

9 hours ago, orfc said:

On a similar note, why should we believe a convicted rapist when they say they're now a woman? He obviously lied his cock off in court (prob a help) and wasn't believed on a number of serious crimes, so why on this?

It's weird this. I've watched for years as the tories say they want to defend the union when every action they take seems specifically aimed to break it up, but for the last couple of years I've been watching the snp state they want independence but doing everything in their power not to get it.

I see you edited this, but still havent grasped what it means when someone states they have identified as a different gender.

Hint - its not about whether he "has a cock" or not.

There are clearly nuances around how the SPS deals with the enormous number (5) of Trans Women in womens jails in Scotland, and it needs to be dealt with appropriately. However, frankly it has less impact on Scottish society than the cooncil digging up South Clerk Street for 3 weeks in February. 

Also, conflating the GR issue with Scottish Independence must come as a bit of a surprise to the Lib Dems and Labour parties at Holyrood.............................

11 hours ago, RH33 said:

The prison issues have nothing to do with the GRC changes correct.

It seems to have escape the media's narrative around this. I really do feel for Trans people this debate which was never exactly cordial is spiralling out of control and in many cases getting dangerously close to "trans people shouldn't exist" which of course would constitute a hate crime.