The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Spence has went fully down the Drunk Uncle at Weddings over the past few years. Loves to come out with the old 'I identify as a penguin' patter which is a mark of absolute no-righters everywhere.

TBF the old penguin boy off Eurotrash seemed a harmless enough old soul

1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Maybe but he's a credible source.

Luckily current judges have to give 'reasons' why or not the Government's 'reasons' are 'reasonable', unlike a retired judge trying to get kudos from the chaps in his club. 'Can't have Chalmers trying to get back in here as a woman after he was blackballed, eh what!!!'

11 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

How long has Jim Spence been a right wing bigot?  He seems to be stirring the pot on an hourly basis with passive aggressive tweets about Gender Reform.  

We should never delude ourselves that journalists are overly burdened by integrity.  Whilst there are a few honourable exceptions, most are like badge-kissing footballers whose sincerity extends as far as the next job offer.

For journos sliding off the relevance scale there is a well-trodden path to path to putting food on the table - taking the right-wing coin.  Left-wing readerships tend heavily to be more intelligent, balanced people who do things like read books and developed reasonably informed opinions.

The right-wing reader however merely wants their prejudices confirmed without the need for anything more challenging.  And with plenty of the b*****ds about it can be a lucrative gig for the unprincipled hack.  Throw in a bit of sanctimonious religious bait and the job's a good 'un.  

25 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We should never delude ourselves that journalists are overly burdened by integrity.  Whilst there are a few honourable exceptions, most are like badge-kissing footballers whose sincerity extends as far as the next job offer.

For journos sliding off the relevance scale there is a well-trodden path to path to putting food on the table - taking the right-wing coin.  Left-wing readerships tend heavily to be more intelligent, balanced people who do things like read books and developed reasonably informed opinions.

The right-wing reader however merely wants their prejudices confirmed without the need for anything more challenging.  And with plenty of the b*****ds about it can be a lucrative gig for the unprincipled hack.  Throw in a bit of sanctimonious religious bait and the job's a good 'un.  

Here's an example of somebody who seemed to be quite keen on truth until he saw where the money was.

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Here's an example of somebody who seemed to be quite keen on truth until he saw where the money was.

Wow, I'd never have predicted he would turn. I shared his videos to older family members back in early 2020 but hadn't checked back to his channel since.

22 hours ago, Gaz said:

Spence has went fully down the Drunk Uncle at Weddings over the past few years. Loves to come out with the old 'I identify as a penguin' patter which is a mark of absolute no-righters everywhere.

Hopefully he'll pop in to the polar bear enclosure at the Highland Wildlife Park to say hello. 

A further entry into Top 10 "just some concerns" nutjobs comes from "Police Scotland Angels" who has/have submitted a quite remarkable 860 Freedom of Information requests to various public bodies since September 2022, the vast majority of which relate to LGBTQ+ issues. 

50 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

A further entry into Top 10 "just some concerns" nutjobs comes from "Police Scotland Angels" who has/have submitted a quite remarkable 860 Freedom of Information requests to various public bodies since September 2022, the vast majority of which relate to LGBTQ+ issues. 

An obsession with "the boaby" does not suggest a healthy mindset. 

17 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

KB has never struck me as a particularly bright or agile politician - I suspect that the rice pudding of a rationale surrounding the S35 order would make for a humiliating hour or two.................hence the "snub".

27 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

KB has never struck me as a particularly bright or agile politician - I suspect that the rice pudding of a rationale surrounding the S35 order would make for a humiliating hour or two.................hence the "snub".

UK govt adopting the "just because" book of explanations along with the "back in your box, Scotland" approach to voluntary union. 

I see that the UK govt has also chucked out some recommendations from a commitee regarding Menopause Leave (among other items) citing the Equalities Act.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64381216

They have suggested that allowing Menopause Leave could be discriminatory toward men.

It seems that the AE is now their catch all to tell any "other" group to f**k off.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I see that the UK govt has also chucked out some recommendations from a commitee regarding Menopause Leave (among other items) citing the Equalities Act.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64381216

They have suggested that allowing Menopause Leave could be discriminatory toward men.

It seems that the AE is now their catch all to tell any "other" group to f**k off.

Utter nonsense.

Joanna Cherry on the radio this morning suggesting that "you only have to look at todays papers" to see why the GRC shouldnt have been passed. 😬

She missed the fact that this guy committed the offences as a man (i.e. before he changed gender, and well before starting gender reassignment), and that that the prison system - as is - is already ensuring that despite changing gender, she wont be in the gen pop of a womens prison.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64388669

As above, it has literally nothing to do with the GRA (which Cherry knows full well, but is a serial liar on this issue). The SPS will do a full risk assessment on her and decide where best to put her. As has been the case with transgender prisoners for fucking ages. 

On 18/01/2023 at 09:00, Savage Henry said:

How long has Jim Spence been a right wing bigot?  He seems to be stirring the pot on an hourly basis with passive aggressive tweets about Gender Reform.  

I think it's worth just saying that people are a broad range of opinions, and whilst Jim's views on gender are rooted in a more old-fashioned/small-c conservative worldview, I wouldn't say for a second he is "right wing". 

That notwithstanding, there's a lot of people who I thought more highly of (regardless of whether I fully aligned with their politics), who's continual sly digs/passive aggressive statements are, well, a bit undedifying? Embarrassing? Unnecessary? I guess intolerant is probably the right word