The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

48 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

We now go live to, presumably Arbroath.

‘Make the lie big that’s what he said, f**k him and f**k you too and appreciate if you preach hate then expect hate’ stray from the path.   Might only be 5 years old but shows how much the American far-right have seeped its way into our country. Needs counteracted with the same aggressiveness.

Can't say I agree with the banning of Detournement here tbh. Sure, he can often take annoying contrarian positions on topics and enjoys sticking on a tinfoil hat now and again but that shouldn't necessarily result in a ban. I could see it if he was constantly trolling or spamming but I wouldn't class his posts as that.

7 minutes ago, Slim Charles. said:

Can't say I agree with the banning of Detournement here tbh. Sure, he can often take annoying contrarian positions on topics and enjoys sticking on a tinfoil hat now and again but that shouldn't necessarily result in a ban. I could see it if he was constantly trolling or spamming but I wouldn't class his posts as that.

Doesn’t look like he’s been banned. Account still looks active. 

Going full on for The Great Replacement Theory, Putin's invasion of Ukraine and that trans folk are insane was presumably his wee joke?

Détournement within the old cultural spheres is a method of propaganda, a method which reveals the wearing out and loss of importance of those spheres. It has been defined elsewhere as turning expressions of the capitalist system and its media culture against itself —as when slogans and logos are turned against their advertisers or the political status quo. Détournement was prominently used to set up subversive political pranks.

Edited by welshbairn

I'd say his constant trolling was spam.

It was also incredibly tedious. He would simply just take up a contrary position to anything and pretend to be concerned and 'just asking questions' all while avoiding answering any.

If he actually wanted to engage in discussion that would be good, but he just was a sad wee troll.

21 minutes ago, Slim Charles. said:

Nah. Contrarian w****r with more than a hint of misogyny. Good riddance. 

6 hours ago, Slim Charles. said:

TBF, at least he actually said what he thought, that he didn't actually know or care what the GRA did, he just thought trans people were mentally ill and should have the transness forced out of them rather than be treated with any respect. It's a pretty horrible, shitty view but at least it's not hiding behind the whole "legitimate concerns" without ever being able to actually say what they are.

32 minutes ago, GAD said:

TBF, at least he actually said what he thought, that he didn't actually know or care what the GRA did, he just thought trans people were mentally ill and should have the transness forced out of them rather than be treated with any respect. It's a pretty horrible, shitty view but at least it's not hiding behind the whole "legitimate concerns" without ever being able to actually say what they are.

Well yeah, he's less of a coward than @1320Lichtie although that's not a massively high bar tbf. 

7 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Doesn’t look like he’s been banned. Account still looks active. 

The original and offensive post was deleted, along with some others I think.

I don't think we need to read a version of it again @oneteaminglasgow

Knowing that it is just a schtick, I seldom read any of his stuff, they just caused me the inconvenience of some scrolling time, so for me it's a marginal gain not to have their contributions for now 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

"tells it like it is"

"speaks his mind"

Yeah we all know one of those.

14 hours ago, Gaz said:

Regardless of your feelings on the GRA, this is an absolute disgrace. Westminster showing they can just ignore the pretendy Scottish Parliament whenever they want. This should be an absolute wakeup call to anyone who continues to believe in this sham of a union.

Regardless of the bill this is the tories, who always opposed Devolution, taking the fuckin piss out of the Scottish Parliament.

If it hadn't been the Gender Reform Bill it would have been another as they have been itching for years to attack our Democracy and eventually dissolve devolution, p***ks of the highest order with ideas that the world revolves around them.

How can it be a United Kingdom when one parliament bullies another.

Dougie wading into the debate, of course saying it's the right course of action but he says this is because the change "seriously damages the rights of women” he says this without demonstrating how it does that which shows just how stupid the opposition to this is if they can't even come up with justification for their opposition.

If he had said seriously damages the rights of women because X/Y/Z... Instead he's just stuck a meaningless but emotive phrase in to appeal the right wing bigots.