The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Well if it doesn’t harm you, then whats the issue? As for your question, take two minutes to read about it and you will see the myriad of ways it will improve trans peoples’ lives. 

I have read it. It will make it easier but is that always a good thing? Anyway, obviously the UK government blocking it is bad. 

I find it mind-boggling that so many people have such an issue with a piece of legislation that is designed to make life easier for trans people.

The amount of hatred, bile and lies that have been spread about trans people is honestly sickening and anyone peddling it is a horrible, spiteful piece of shit.

f**k TERFs and f**k the UK Government.

4 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I didn’t say it will obviously. I’m just not sure what difference it will make to the way things currently are. 

3 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

They won't be able to tell you what the GRA involves. They won't be able to tell you what the current process for legally changing your gender involves. They won't be able to tell you anything about what transitioning or being transgender involves in general.

Before I'd even hit send.

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

I didn’t say it will obviously. I’m just not sure what difference it will make to the way things currently are. 

Very little apart from not forcing people transitioning to bare their souls to a bunch of strangers; lawyers, doctors and civil servants.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Very little apart from not forcing people transitioning to bare their souls to a bunch of strangers; lawyers, doctors and civil servants.

My suspicion is the UK Government would prefer people in this desperate situation kill themselves, like many tragically have in the past.

6 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I have read it. It will make it easier but is that always a good thing? Anyway, obviously the UK government blocking it is bad. 

I most definitely agree with your last sentence. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think as a society we need to protect women from predatory males and people operating under false pretences to target vulnerable women.

But enough about 1320 Lichtie

I thought you were talking about that Met polisman - 49 rape and sexual offences admitted today over 17 years.

And he was born with a cock...........................

Is it not the case that Jack will have to outline exactly how this legislation (reserved) will affect contradictory UK legislation? I’m not sure that’s an easy case to make, SG have two options, challenge it in HoC & force Labour into a vote and / or through the courts which I believe will be heard in Scotland first rather than English courts. Happily to be corrected on this? 

After 6 years of simplified gender recognition in Ireland, 195 certificates were granted in 2021, including one for somebody 16-17. We're talking tiny numbers. It's incredible that something that all mainstream parties were pretty well agreed about a couple of years ago has become a major constitutional issue in the UK, all started by US alt-right teenagers finding a way to wind up feminists, and gullible folk like JK Rowling and Graham Linehan falling for it hook, line and sinker. 

19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think as a society we need to protect women from predatory males and people operating under false pretences to target vulnerable women.

But enough about 1320 Lichtie

What is it about absolute dangers like @1320Lichtie that they want to vilify trans people?  Is it just deflection, or do they think that everyone is as dodgy as them? 

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

What is it about absolute dangers like @1320Lichtie that they want to vilify trans people?  Is it just deflection, or do they think that everyone is as dodgy as them? 

There are plenty of guys who hate all "others" - doesnt matter if its "poofs", "trans wierdos" or "cock teasing burds", they hate them all.................although not as much as they hate themselves.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not a mental illness, as per your own quote.

Just now, carpetmonster said:

I’ve no idea, I’m not a medic. However I’m more inclined to take the word of the NHS official website saying it isn’t than an attention seeking tinfoil milliner on a football forum 

It has to be something and there aren't many options.