The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That's it? That's all you have to make that ridiculous claim? Fucking hell.

Asks for a poll - gets shown a poll - doesn’t like poll - the response ^ 

You lot carry on in your echo chamber and fantasy land. Screaming bigot etc at anyone who disagrees. It’ll not get you anywhere and it’s partly the reason why politics is an absolute shitshow that nobody can be arsed with nowadays. 

Once again big well done to the UK government for showing common sense. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’m surprised he’s ventured back out of the football side of things on this board after his hiatus when he basically admitted to having his parents help him get young ladies drunk to let him have his way with them. 

What's this?!

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You lot carry on in your echo chamber and fantasy land. Screaming bigot etc at anyone who disagrees. It’ll not get you anywhere and it’s partly the reason why politics is an absolute shitshow that nobody can be arsed with nowadays. 

Polls certainly have an excellent record in recent times. 

Perhaps you could answer the question posed to you several times above?

I genuinely hope the subject matter can be removed from the discussion around this.* It shouldn’t matter whether you agree with this legislation or not, the question now is whether it’s within the competency of the Scottish Parliament. 

My gut and a surface-level look tells me it is, but I’m no expert. Let the Supreme Court decide. 

*obviously it won’t be because the entire thing is being orchestrated to build dislike of the SNP/Scotland which could prove useful in an election, and a nice bonus would be to get a Labour MP to say a woman can have a penis. CON +4 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So what are your actual philosophical issues with the GRA?

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just tell us why you disagree and maybe some of us will agree with you as I'm sure it's a very good, solid argument based on facts.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Polls aren't democracy - it's why we democratically elect our representatives.

Why are you opposed to democracy?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't think I've ever seen such skewed questions in a poll in order to get the desired result. First, plant the idea of fraud...

Do you agree or disagree with the following?

1) Making it a criminal offence to make a false
application or statutory declaration for gender
recognition

2) Removing the requirement for doctor's diagnosis
of gender dysphoria

3) Reducing the time applicants must have lived in
their acquired gender from 2 years to 6 months
(made up of a 3 month period, with an additional
3-month reflection period)

4) Reducing the minimum age a person can apply
for a gender recognition certificate from 18 to 16

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Like several other posters I'm quite dismayed by your posts on this subject, and I'm wondering if you've undergone some sort of right-wing conversion therapy.

To be clear on the politics of today's news, because that's what it is, there was no pressing legal imperative for the UK Government to enact a Section 35 Order, they have deliberately chosen to do so.  Since the onset of devolution the Section 35 has been regarded as a nuclear option, to be used only in very exceptional circumstances. 

The Scottish Government's Bill on Gender Reassignment doesn't equate to that, but what we are seeing in Westminster's reaction is UK Gov taking the opportunity to apply some long-promised 'muscular unionism'.  I hope Alister Jack knows exactly what he is unleashing here.

31 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

How dare a tiny oppressed minority get to have their lives improved by a miniscule amount.

f**k the Tories and all the TERF c***s who support this.

In what way will the reform improve their lives? 

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Like several other posters I'm quite dismayed by your posts on this subject, and I'm wondering if you've undergone some sort of right-wing conversion therapy.

To be clear on the politics of today's news, because that's what it is, there was no pressing legal imperative for the UK Government to enact a Section 35 Order, they have deliberately chosen to do so.  Since the onset of devolution the Section 35 has been regarded as a nuclear option, to be used only in very exceptional circumstances. 

The Scottish Government's Bill on Gender Reassignment doesn't equate to that, but what we are seeing in Westminster's reaction is UK Gov taking the opportunity to apply some long-promised 'muscular unionism'.  I hope Alister Jack knows exactly what he is unleashing here.

I for one can’t fathom why the first S35 has been used on a) this matter and b) by this bigoted, right wing UK Govt. 

Nope, haven’t a clue. 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

I didn’t say it will obviously. I’m just not sure what difference it will make to the way things currently are. 

Well if it doesn’t harm you, then whats the issue? As for your question, take two minutes to read about it and you will see the myriad of ways it will improve trans peoples’ lives.