The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

At least it’ll open the debate up to the general Scottish public most of whom didn’t really appreciate what was being done in their name.

The whole thing will now be opened up for scrutiny in the media and, I may well be wrong, but I just feel that the Scottish public, whatever their political affiliations are socially  conservative. 
I welcome this intervention.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

At least it’ll open the debate up to the general Scottish public most of whom didn’t really appreciate what was being done in their name.

The whole thing will now be opened up for scrutiny in the media and, I may well be wrong, but I just feel that the Scottish public, whatever their political affiliations are socially  conservative. 

Not sure what "debate" you think is being opened up here? All that happens is that there will be legal intervention of one type or another.

Well, thats not true - in a sensible world, the UK govt would tell the Scot Gov which bits "contravene the EA" and it could be changed................but we all know this isnt about the EA.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What are your objections? Surely as a libertarian you would support less restrictions on how people live their lives?

25 minutes ago, betting competition said:

This decision is going to set a very dangerous precedent.

I fear what laws Westminster will want to block and hinder passage of in future, especially with the current crop of incompetent and corrupt criminals in charge down there.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Too young as with voting and getting married.

Lets ignore the voting one, as its only in Scotland.

As of today, a pair of English 16 year olds can "run away" to Gretna and get married.

Do you think this law should be changed by the UK Govt?

21 minutes ago, GAD said:

I'm Scottish and I supported it. Along with the majority of elected MSPs from SNP, Labour, Lib Dems and Green, who all supported it at the last election and were elected by the Scottish people.

What exactly was your problem with it?

Plus 3 Tory MSPs.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

On this type of issue political affiliations carry less weight than religious ones, and as Scotland in 2023 is for the most part much less in thrall to muscular and doctrinaire theology I think you may indeed well be wrong.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

You would certainly hope this is the case, somehow I'm less sure.

Its a bit of a stupid argument anyway - when it goes to court, Sunaks opinion is worth as much as Sturgeons (nowt), as it will be points of law.

The most interesting part will be when Alister Jack publishes (tomorrow) the rationale.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

On this type of issue political affiliations carry less weight than religious ones, and as Scotland in 2023 is for the most part much less in thrall to muscular and doctrinaire theology I think you may indeed well be wrong.

As I say, you may well be correct.

Lets see.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Great response!

Perhaps I should have referred you to my auntie Betty - she got married when she was 16 (shes now in her 80s) and would kick your baws up and down the street for suggesting that her marriage holds less validity than anyone else.

I merely summarised all of that by suggesting that wanting to remove this right marks you out as a fanny.

But I will tell you what - as a mark of not wanting to turn this nasty, I will remove the post.

Feel free to remove the quoted one.

Edited by Leith Green

Make no mistake, this has nothing whatsoever to do with GR, the Tories, supported by fucking Labour have deliberately chosen a contentious & culture wars issue to enact the first S35 order, this will slowly but surely become the norm. It’s a fucking disgrace & if happening in any other devolved democracy would be condemned by the very people taking action.

The games an absolute bogey, f**k this, f**k the Tories & Labour & more importantly f**k the UK.