The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

I genuinely haven’t followed any of this as it’s really of no interest to me what people get upto. However, reading a bit on twitter there. What’s the deal? So a male prisoner can decide to be housed in a female jail? Male sex offenders can be housed with vulnerable women? All seems very bizarre to me. It’s a shame that normal people going, what is I imagine a very confusing process, are grouped together with others as above. 

Just now, Aufc said:

I genuinely haven’t followed any of this as it’s really of no interest to me what people get upto. However, reading a bit on twitter there. What’s the deal? So a male prisoner can decide to be housed in a female jail? Male sex offenders can be housed with vulnerable women? All seems very bizarre to me. It’s a shame that normal people going, what is I imagine a very confusing process, are grouped together with others as above. 

No. People holding a GRC can still be excluded in certain situations, and I would imagine the prison service will keep going with its policy of assessing trans offenders on a case by case basis. Likewise, women's sports will still be governed by their governing body. Folks can still request a carer of a specific gender in a medical scenario and that will be accommodated outside of emergency life-saving care, or chronic staffing shortages, same as is currently. The only difference is one doesn't have to wait up to 6 years to be given a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria in order to change the details on a birth certificate. 

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

That won't happen because it's self ID in name only and Police Scotland have the final say on who is what gender. Modern Scotland to a tee. 

It's an absolutely pointless bill that has only been passed to create headlines  and deflect from the fact that Sturgeon - who opposed Section 28 being repealed - has zero achievements in office other than passing Harold Shipman on the list of pensioner killers. 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Why would you be trying to look at people's genitals in a changing room? 

Exactly.  Someone deliberately making you look at them (by flashing etc) is still committing a crime.  Nothing has changed

Just now, Detournement said:

That won't happen because it's self ID in name only and Police Scotland have the final say on who is what gender. Modern Scotland to a tee. 

It's an absolutely pointless bill that has only been passed to create headlines  and deflect from the fact that Sturgeon - who opposed Section 28 being repealed - has zero achievements in office other than passing Harold Shipman on the list of pensioner killers. 

She must have some powers of foresight to have started talking about GRC in 2016/2017 anticipating the Covid pandemic. Does she take DM's on Twitter about the lottery numbers?