The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

You know I read posts like this and I scratch my head wondering what point you are trying to make.
Is it just stupidity? Or is this just more cultist nonsense where you deliberately try to present the wrong thing in the hope of persuading other idiots to back your view?
If a man wants to consider themselves a woman, there's not a problem. There's never been a problem with that. I have no problem with trans people. Period. That's about twenty-nine times I've had to say that now.
The problem is with trans cultists who want to conflate a man feeling he is, and wanting to be treated as, a woman and demanding that he is in fact a real woman. The former is fine and nobody else's business.
The issue is the latter.
And it's an issue because it has potentially very serious consequences for everyone.
It's not just about medical practices on children and male rapists being placed in a womens prisons but those are two obvious consequences which you cultists want to dismiss for some reason.
We get it mate. "Cultist" is your new flavour of the month.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See oaksoft is shrieking about trans rapist defenders in the covid thread now.... Really showing his new found, relaxed "don't get upset by everything" persona....

If you’re desperate for approval and the only way to get it is off raging welts, then that’d certainly be the place to be. Or Mumsnet. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If a man wants to consider themselves a woman, there's not a problem. There's never been a problem with that. I have no problem with trans people. Period. That's about twenty-nine times I've had to say that now.

A few days ago you posted a link to a story of a trans person allegedly stealing a suitcase. Why did you do that?

One thing I notice about people like Oaksoft is that they think that 'I have no problem with trans people' or 'I support trans rights' is something that they can just say but don't have to demonstrate in any way. This then shields them from any criticism whatsoever of their views on trans people.

If you say 'I support trans rights' but then every time an actual trans right is brought up for discussion you are vehemently against it then you don't support trans rights.

If you say 'I have no problem with trans people' but spend huge amounts of your time crying online about 'trans cultists', writing long rants about how being trans is nothing more than an opinion, refusing to do any research into the science around the topic but stubbornly (and wrongly) insisting that it backs you up, digging up any article that you can find which can help you to portray trans people or their supporters in a bad light, deliberately twisting peoples responses so that you can claim they are saying things that they obviously aren't saying and deflecting any suggestion that your views might be wrong or harmful to trans people by gloating about how you've riled up the 'woke warriors' then you in fact do have a problem with trans people.

Ultimately this is a pointless post and I shouldn't let myself get reeled in but as Bairnardo said up the thread this isn't just winding people up on an internet forum, there is a real nasty streak to this kind of rhetoric and it causes real harm to real people in the real world.

Being trans is incredibly difficult and whilst that is partly inherent and unavoidable because it is an confusing and scary thing to go through, a huge amount of what is hard about it is societal, about the attitude of the general public and how that ripples into all areas of your life - your healthcare, your legal status, your safety, your relationship with those around you, even your ability to open up Pie and Bovril in the morning without seeing a thread debating which rights you should get. I've written repeatedly on here about how there needs to be space to have conversations and ask questions about trans people. But a prerequisite for that is a willingness to show some basic empathy, do some basic research and be ready to have your preconceptions challenged.

On 03/12/2022 at 13:27, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm going to start a punk band called Hardcore Trans Ideology.

Given that its a central tenet of gammonology that this is all just an elaborate plan to gain access to female bathrooms, this would be a perfect cover song to end the gig - 

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Comparing the LGBT staff networks to the Iranian morality police, who are responsible for the death of a young woman recently it less journalism and more like fascism.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Are the stories factually incorrect?

4 is factually incorrect and 2 and 5 are op-Ed pieces being put forward as news. You’re willfully missing the point and I’m quite sure you know that though. 

Edited by carpetmonster

26 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

4 is factually incorrect and 2 and 5 are op-Ed pieces being put forward as news. You’re willfully missing the point and I’m quite sure you know that though. 

As just clicking on the Twitter link would have shown him.

It’s terrible when facts get in the way of ingrained prejudice, and it’s easier not to seek those facts out. 

31 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Well, Fair Cop and the BLP have been blocked by the LGBT + network. Why?

Apparently, some police forces are investigating and no doubt we will soon know the result.

Is that incorrect?

Saw Kate Barker of the LGB alliance being interviewed and she seemed quite convincing.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, Fair Cop and the BLP have been blocked by the LGBT + network. Why?

Apparently, some police forces are investigating and no doubt we will soon know the result.

Is that incorrect?

Saw Kate Barker of the LGB alliance being interviewed and she seemed quite convincing.

Fair Cop is Sarah Phillimore, a notorious transphobe. This got her suspended from Twitter and she’s now threatening to report this guy to the police for re-posting a screenshot of her own words - apparently they’ve put ‘a target on her back’

Of course they did. The LGB Alliance are vile bigots and have been found guilty in a German court of denying Nazi crimes. Fits your MO perfectly. 

Oh aye, if you look at the Oxford dictionary definition of "male" and "female" going back centuries you'll find a wee asterisk next to both entries saying "definitions kindly provided by oaksoft from Pie and Bovril". [emoji23]
Maybe I should sue every dictionary and science book for royalties....  [emoji23]

You’re a creep.

43 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Fair Cop is Sarah Phillimore, a notorious transphobe. This got her suspended from Twitter and she’s now threatening to report this guy to the police for re-posting a screenshot of her own words - apparently they’ve put ‘a target on her back’

Of course they did. The LGB Alliance are vile bigots and have been found guilty in a German court of denying Nazi crimes. Fits your MO perfectly. 

Oh dear

If you don’t mind me saying, you seem to have one hell of an interest in these matters.

I think I’ll just let you batter on and see what happens. 
Not a topic that interests me that much.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Oh dear

If you don’t mind me saying, you seem to have one hell of an interest in these matters.

I think I’ll just let you batter on and see what happens. 
Not a topic that interests me that much.

"Oh dear, someone knows enough to debunk my lazy stereotyping and bigotry, I best feign disinterest rather than put up or shut up."

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"Oh dear, someone knows enough to debunk my lazy stereotyping and bigotry, I best feign disinterest rather than put up or shut up."

Okay, what’s your view on the veracity or otherwise of the Telegraph articles?

I just don’t know and that’s being as honest as I can be.

As I said, I’ve listened to Kate Barker whom I found to be credible but that’s about it.