The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

Oaksoft, there; the "great supporter" of trans rights in the same manner as worker's rights: speaking out against them whenever possible.

Poor taste for a parody account.

Oaksoft, there; the "great supporter" of trans rights in the same manner as worker's rights: speaking out against them whenever possible.
Wonder what he means by "Woke" in this context. He was recently delivering sermons to others on "looking beyond the virtue signallers" on that topic IIRC

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Wonder what he means by "Woke" in this context. He was recently delivering sermons to others on "looking beyond the virtue signallers" on that topic IIRC

Anybody who dares to publicly disagree with current right-wing talking points is "woke".

He's occasionally been "woke" himself when it's suited the aim of garnering responses. Same goes with "virtue signalling", which he's perfectly happy to do for attention when it suits. See the pretend caring about people on low incomes, from a poster who used to openly admit he hated human beings, couldn't wait to cut contact with them after retirement, and celebrated the introduction of Universal Credit because it would hurt benefit scroungers. Now he's deeply concerned about the same people because the nasty middle-classes are taking all their money  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I don't know, I would say that his theory that trans people will be soon be 'cancelling' anyone who uses the word trans (including themselves presumably?) is more entertaining that most of his recent efforts.

Especially since it requires him to pretend that he doesn't know how adjectives work.

If it had been true that it was the first time in it's 55 year history that all the finalists were women that would have quite rightly been a newsworthy item.
Having made that statement, they were duty bound to correct it when it turned out not to be true.
As an aside, I reckon we're about a year away from anyone using the phrase "trans" being cancelled or "held to account". I mean, if you truly believe a trans woman is a real woman then there is no need for the word "trans" as it then becomes a divisive word. This specific Womans Hour situation, which is causing angst, is a great example of that. That's my prediction for where the Woke Warriors are heading on this issue.

Trans folk use the term trans, don’t see it getting anyone cancelled anytime soon.

Black people used to use the word "coloured" to describe themselves. Try using that nowadays.
They even had an association with that word in the title.

Not quite the comparison you think it is, but go off. [emoji23]

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

One day I'm going to come on here and one of you Woke Warriors will say something which adds to the discussion. 😂

I'm not holding my breath but hope springs......

Please, hold your breath. 

Pretty sure Oaksoft was trotting out his usual line about posters on P&B having no self-awareness recently, which is tremendous stuff from an account whose "contributions to the discussion" have devolved to trenchant contrarianism and use of the 😂 emoji.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Black people used to use the word "coloured" to describe themselves. Try using that nowadays.

They even had an association with that word in the title.

Black Americans used to use "woke" to describe the realisation of the hurdles they face in the economic and justice system they live in. Now that Scottish retirees are using it as a derogatory term to describe anyone who thinks we should just try to be nice to each other, maybe the word should be dropped from the lexicon.

On 16/11/2022 at 14:28, carpetmonster said:

That’s from the Express, and predictably enough it was the exact opposite that happened. Here’s the lady who made the complaint - notice ‘women won’t wheesht’ in the bio. 46D4B119-9124-487B-BEA5-8E25398E15C3.thumb.jpeg.8b65caf50ae2bd42cb636734e8a7f5d2.jpeg

This lands up with noted transphobe Baroness (Emma) Nicholson who RTs it and the winged monkeys set sail. . ‘Gender Critical’ Twitter starts screeching at the top of its voice. Guide Dogs Scotland attempt to calm the situation and get called Hitler. 

64919AEF-A1E9-40E5-93B7-9A31487A83C1.png.1ce6ffdd8e9382e3f9b0a406838db2d9.png

Thread in full here. Wear a helmet. 

Although it is heartening to see the actual reaction of the trans community is abject hilarity. God knows they could be doing with a giggle when all that needs to happen for a hit piece to make national press is some transphobic roaster making up absolute horse. 

Erm...

Screenshot_20221126-004350.png

Edited by Benjamin_Nevis

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Are you really this deluded Welshy?

Have you read the comments by the Woke Warriors on this thread?

If that's your definition of people being "nice" to one another I think I'll give it a miss thanks. 

Give us your top five "Woke Warrior" comments then

Edited by Cosmic Joe

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

No. I've got better things to do.

Start at page 1 and start reading with the mind of a reasonable person and you'll see exactly what I'm getting at.

If you get to page 6 and haven't read phrases like "fucking moron" to describe those with an opposing view on the gender debate, go back to page 1 and start again.

In other words you're pishing out of your arse. As per

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No I'm saying you are a lazy b*****d and you should stop demanding people do your work for you.

No. It was you that made the ludicrous "Woke Warrior" statement, yet can't come up with any specific examples to back this up.