The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

On 15/11/2022 at 15:51, Suspect Device said:

Not the best of optics for the SG

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the SG? 

Indeed Cherry thought I broke the laws and the parliament clarified their rules don't apply, unless I'm missing something?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I wonder what's the most mental out the various possibilities here, the most likely of which, but still fucking mental, is that you have completely made this shite up.

He's always been absolutely determined to make his awful wife seem as abhorrent as possible and, to my knowledge, there's never been a hint of affection expressed towards her.

We can't help you, DPB. You have to extract yourself from this shitshow yourself. Bitching about her on here will only give her ammunition during the divorce.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

He's always been absolutely determined to make his awful wife seem as abhorrent as possible and, to my knowledge, there's never been a hint of affection expressed towards her.

We can't help you, DPB. You have to extract yourself from this shitshow yourself. Bitching about her on here will only give her ammunition during the divorce.

What do you mean?

i do those jobs willingly.

Theres always a quid pro quo.

5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Dorries threatening to cancel the licence fee had made the BBC more Tory than ever.

That statement is nothing but straight up transphobia.

I wouldn't go that far, they were clarifying something that had obviously been raised by complaints and had a duty to be transparent about. The BBC has never been free of Government pressure, the time they utterly surrendered for the first time I can remember was under Blair over the sexed up case for war in Iraq intelligence report and the top management were sacked and replaced for allowing the truth to be told.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wouldn't go that far, they were clarifying something that had obviously been raised by complaints and had a duty to be transparent about. The BBC has never been free of Government pressure, the time they utterly surrendered for the first time I can remember was under Blair over the sexed up case for war in Iraq intelligence report and the top management were sacked and replaced for allowing the truth to be told.

It does rather make you wonder what else they might feel that have to be "open and transparent" about in the future, assuming they receive a few complaints from a properly motivated and organised group.

"In our recent article about British athletes, we can clarify that one of them was a Muslim, a fact that wasn't available to our Sports Desk at the time of writing".

Peep peep.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wouldn't go that far, they were clarifying something that had obviously been raised by complaints and had a duty to be transparent about.

Should the BBC really be publicly disclosing someone’s personal information like that though? 

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Should the BBC really be publicly disclosing someone’s personal information like that though? 

Good point, but have they? I presume they were asked if any of the contestants in a show were trans and they said yes, without identifying the individual. I'm not sure if they had a choice to say none of your business, which I'd much prefer.

Edited by welshbairn

44 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The contestant says that they didn't give the BBC consent.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

55 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The bbc showing a lack of professionalism,  I'm shocked.

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If it had been true that it was the first time in it's 55 year history that all the finalists were women that would have quite rightly been a newsworthy item.

Having made that statement, they were duty bound to correct it when it turned out not to be true.

As an aside, I reckon we're about a year away from anyone using the phrase "trans" being cancelled or "held to account". I mean, if you truly believe a trans woman is a real woman then there is no need for the word "trans" as it then becomes a divisive word. This specific Womans Hour situation, which is causing angst, is a great example of that. That's my prediction for where the Woke Warriors are heading on this issue.

"Womans Hour" (sic) is causing me some angst.