The Gender Debate

jamamafegan

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The suffragette colours have been co-opted by the ‘Gender Criticals’ (as have dinosaur costumes and teacakes, they’re a fun bunch) as they view themselves as struggling against ‘male ideology’ and the GRA as being a 'predator's charter'. It was a stunt, and unfortunately, they’ve been given the exposure for it; it should’ve been ignored. Gives rise to the likes of this rum chap who now wants Holyrood shut down. And has a blue tick because he’s paid for it. Utterly desolate. 

I'm genuinely not sure "abolish the devolution Scottish people voted for, because I don't like those the Scottish people voted for to staff it in the current term" is the look he thought it was initially.......

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm genuinely not sure "abolish the devolution Scottish people voted for, because I don't like those the Scottish people voted for to staff it in the current term" is the look he thought it was initially.......

It's apparently Trans Awareness Week so they'll all be frothing like geysers at the minute

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I wasn't aware of that.

It's anti bullying week as well.

Probably awareness week for awareness weeks as well.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I wasn't aware of that.

Probably awareness week for awareness weeks too.

Looks like it's definitely awareness week for posts about it being awareness week for awareness weeks.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I wasn't aware of that.

Probably awareness week for awareness weeks too.

National Recycling Day in America today, which’ll explain why there’s three bags of it in the kitchen; she was obviously saving it for the special occasion. 

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I forgot to quote the post so I deleted the first one. You were just too quick.

Surprising pace from the big lad as they say.

Hee hee hee. Almost didn't quote you at all, you slippery devil.

Blind woman branded 'transphobic' for raising guide dog issues around Dundee street art

The issue of Dundee street art obstructing access for guide dogs has resulted in accusations of transphobia, all because the concerned citizen stated the colours of the stripes

0_FhORUVtXkBc4Wi2jfif.jpg

A Dundee resident who walks with a guide dog has complained about roads being obstructed by art projects featuring blue and pink stripes but has been branded 'transphobic' for pointing it out.

Social media user Ash, 49, said her pup Rusty would not cross a section of the road at Union Street near the top of the High Street because the markings were too confusing. The labrador interpreted the markings as a zebra crossing but the colours and positioning were different so he diverted.

The council's artistic efforts have been slated for compromising the rights of disabled people while online comments have seen Ash branded a transphobe for stating the colours are blue and pink – the same as the trans flag.

18 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

National Recycling Day in America today, which’ll explain why there’s three bags of it in the kitchen; she was obviously saving it for the special occasion. 

Probably the right thread for putting my head above the parapet with this controversial take, but putting the bins out is the man’s job so get it sorted.

Now I’m going to get cancelled by the wokerati.

Edited by coprolite

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Probably the right thread for putting my head above the parapet with this controversial take, but putting the bins out is the man’s job so get it sorted.

My wife would never dream of putting the bins out nor filling up the car with fuel nor bagging up the leaves nor doing so many other things she considers ‘man’s work’. 

48 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Didn’t have much choice, she’d buggered off to Nashville for three days for work by the time I typed that. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Blind woman branded 'transphobic' for raising guide dog issues around Dundee street art

The issue of Dundee street art obstructing access for guide dogs has resulted in accusations of transphobia, all because the concerned citizen stated the colours of the stripes

A Dundee resident who walks with a guide dog has complained about roads being obstructed by art projects featuring blue and pink stripes but has been branded 'transphobic' for pointing it out.

Social media user Ash, 49, said her pup Rusty would not cross a section of the road at Union Street near the top of the High Street because the markings were too confusing. The labrador interpreted the markings as a zebra crossing but the colours and positioning were different so he diverted.

The council's artistic efforts have been slated for compromising the rights of disabled people while online comments have seen Ash branded a transphobe for stating the colours are blue and pink – the same as the trans flag.

That’s from the Express, and predictably enough it was the exact opposite that happened. Here’s the lady who made the complaint - notice ‘women won’t wheesht’ in the bio. 46D4B119-9124-487B-BEA5-8E25398E15C3.thumb.jpeg.8b65caf50ae2bd42cb636734e8a7f5d2.jpeg

This lands up with noted transphobe Baroness (Emma) Nicholson who RTs it and the winged monkeys set sail. . ‘Gender Critical’ Twitter starts screeching at the top of its voice. Guide Dogs Scotland attempt to calm the situation and get called Hitler. 

64919AEF-A1E9-40E5-93B7-9A31487A83C1.png.1ce6ffdd8e9382e3f9b0a406838db2d9.png

Thread in full here. Wear a helmet. 

Although it is heartening to see the actual reaction of the trans community is abject hilarity. God knows they could be doing with a giggle when all that needs to happen for a hit piece to make national press is some transphobic roaster making up absolute horse. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

That’s from the Express, and predictably enough it was the exact opposite that happened. Here’s the lady who made the complaint - notice ‘women won’t wheesht’ in the bio. 46D4B119-9124-487B-BEA5-8E25398E15C3.thumb.jpeg.8b65caf50ae2bd42cb636734e8a7f5d2.jpeg

This lands up with noted transphobe Baroness (Emma) Nicholson who RTs it and the winged monkeys set sail. . ‘Gender Critical’ Twitter starts screeching at the top of its voice. Guide Dogs Scotland attempt to calm the situation and get called Hitler. 

64919AEF-A1E9-40E5-93B7-9A31487A83C1.png.1ce6ffdd8e9382e3f9b0a406838db2d9.png

Thread in full here. Wear a helmet. 

Although it is heartening to see the actual reaction of the trans community is abject hilarity. God knows they could be doing with a giggle when all that needs to happen for a hit piece to make national press is some transphobic roaster making up absolute horse. 

I'm no brave enough to say that women should shut up, I'll leave you to it.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Random people commenting on social media shouldn’t be news 

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My wife would never dream of putting the bins out nor filling up the car with fuel nor bagging up the leaves nor doing so many other things she considers ‘man’s work’. 

Really. I assume she also needs a male relative to travel with her and your permission?

I wonder what's the most mental out the various possibilities here, the most likely of which, but still fucking mental, is that you have completely made this shite up.